Time for us Moms! Group

Options

Replies

• CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    We did toddler beds with my 2 oldest - and IMO they were a waste of money. When my other kids were ready for beds instead of cribs we just got them twin size beds. We put one side against a wall and put a guardrail across the other side. When we first moved them we'd put some pillows or blankets on the side of the bed just in case, but we never had problems with them falling out of bed.
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Ferdiebirdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Shoot I'm far enough behind that I can't see enough posts to respond. I need to burn 2760 this week. Last week I wasn't even close. Not sure how off I was. I'm also going to apologize for my 20 post that will follow trying to catch up with ya'll :p

Kaitlyn- TWIN BEDS. Unless money is really tight, toddler beds are cheaper, but you only get a few years use out of them. You can save up in the mean time for the bigger bed
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Options
    Welcome Tina!

Lisa - Happy (late) birthday to your boys! If you can quit, you might as well. There are only so many hours in a day and you have to decide what is a priority for you.

Here's my challenge check-in:
    Last Week's Weight: 213.8
    Calories to Burn: 4,276
    Actual Calories Burned: 4,016

Current Week Weight: 209.6
    Calories to burn: 4,192

We went to my dad's yesterday, and by the time we go home both hubby and I had caught whatever the kids have. I just didn't have the energy to workou - came close to my goal though. I'm still feeling rundown and congested - today is rest day and he kids are going to my moms this afternoon to make caramel apples and Halloween cookies, so hopefully I'll get some rest and feel better tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

I really hope you get feeling better quickly. You amaze me every week with you dedication and drive.
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Options
    JP - great job on the time! Sorry that your hubby will be gone. I knew a number of ladies who used to live on Post in my area who would look at their husbands and ask when they needed to go on a 2 week trip again..... Seems there is a polarized feeling for sure. My mother-in-law just informed us that she has to go to Hawaii (where she is based) for 4 weeks next month, which means no Thanksgiving with her or my father-in-law, who will fly over to join her. She's 54 and still in the Army. Apparently she'll retire when she's 60 and kicked out.

Heather - size 4? Nice!

Kaitlyn - oh, I was the same way with my beauty sleep. I needed it this morning too! I woke up at 7, complained about how dark it was, took care of Gabriel and then went and laid back down again (I had been mid-dream when Gabriel called for me). Lasted for about 3 minutes before I really woke up and realized it was the twins' birthday and I needed to be up for them and make breakfast, etc. Most other Saturday mornings, I let them play quietly, but I couldn't do that to them today! I was paying for it though. I'm pooped!

Hi Tina! I sent you a friend request. What grade do you home school? My twins are in 4th grade. Nice job making a conscious effort to wait until you are home to eat. If you are afraid of weights, consider getting some resistance bands. I think the ones from Beachbody are the best quality and a great price, but I started out with the Target ones. You can plenty of moves with those and your little ones will be safe. Strength training is not something to be ignored, in my opinion. Good luck with the running!

My twins are 9 today. They chose to go out to Chevy's. Not the best food, but it was ok. I tried my best to eat healthy. El Machino was down, so I think that helped even more! LOL I shared my plate with Gabriel too. :) I talked with hubby and I think I am going to tell my boss that I quit. I feel physically sick when I think of work and I just don't feel like I have enough time to do things. I hate doing things halfa$$ed and I feel like that is what I have been giving him since I haven't been putting in a whole lot of hours lately. It just seems like our Sundays have been so busy and I can't stay for very long....... Even tomorrow, the boys' party starts at 10. I need to finish getting the sandwich stuff and ice cream in the morning and cleaning the rest of the house (did most of it after dinner tonight, but there's still vacuuming and the rest of the dishes to take care of). The party is until 12:30, I still have my workout to do with Jeremy, and I have my class at church at 6 p.m. I guess if I stopped working out I could go to work, but I'm not doing that!

Happy Birthday to your twins :) It sounds like quitting work will be a good thing for you. I'm sure your whole family will benefit too. It's hard sometimes being a mom. Our needs seem to always come last. Good for you sticking to working out :)
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Options
    I would love to join! I have three kids a hubby, two huge dogs, four cats, two kids with music lessons, one that I home school. Also I run my mom around to do errands. Where do I find to time to take care of myself? Hardly ever, I have found that when I always ate on the run, I normally ate fast food. Now I wait to eat when I get home and I eat alot more healthier. Just little changes have mad a big difference, I lost 1.5 pounds without even trying, just a change in what I eat. Anyways, wish me luck, I am going to take up running on the treadmill, I am afraid of keeping weights in the house with the little ones and I don't have time for the gym. Take care everyone, and good luck !

Tina in Illinois

Good luck and welcome to the group :) You are right little changes can make a huge difference. That's how I've lost everything I've lost. Little changes! Oh and have you thought about a kettle bell instead of weights? I workout with one when my monkeys are sleeping and they are small enough you can hide it in the closet, so you don't have to worry about the kids :) I also work out with little hand weights.
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Options
    Oh I went shopping today for a new pair of jeans. Grabbed some 4's and thought NO WAY will these fit. They fit perfect. I think I have distorted body image or something. So I'm not sure how much more weight I should lose. I do need to convert some more fat to muscle, but if I keep going I'll be sharing clothes with my 10 year old. BLAH. This weight lose thing is confusing at times.

Hey Ferdie :) How tall are you? I feel your pain trying to find clothes that fit. I am almost a size 2 right now....at 5'0"...I don't want to shop in the kids department (I don't care for the clothes)...but I may have to..sucks really. I agree that the weight thing is confusing!

Overall feeling really stressed about my husband being gone for 7 weeks...kind of makes me sick to think about. I know that it will be great for his career, and I know he is military...but this is my first experience being apart for him for more than 10 days! So many women/men do it when their spouses go to war, and they deal just fine...mine is only going to Alabama for a specific SNCO training. I feel like such a wimp. Maybe it's because we are really happy together and he is a huge help with the kids/chores/etc when he is home?

On a good note....the stress is making me exercise more :) I actually ran/walked 3.1 miles today pushing the double jogger in my record time of 33:15! A month ago I couldn't run a 12 minute mile by myself!

I'm 5'5. 7 weeks is a long time if you aren't used to it. It used to really bother me when Matt had long upgrade trainings. The first 2 weeks are always the hardest when they are gone. It's an adjustment. But once you get in the groove of things it will seem easier and while you will miss him like crazy you just keep going. Is there anyway you can skype? That helps alot too. It also sounds like you have an amazing relationship. I'm lucky to have been blessed in the spouse department as well. If you need anything or even just to talk, message me. I just went through 7 months alone.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Cori - 50 lbs. Awesome! Great job!

Kaitlyn - yeah, 4 birthdays in my immediate family alone within 17 days. Some years I have to pull my hair out. This year wasn't too bad. I really tried to keep it simple. The boys had a good time yesterday, so I am glad (also thankful for clearance make-your-own type of kits at Target. We made our own bouncy balls!)

Heather - nice weight loss! Yeah, with much prayer and tears, I am getting ready to say adios. I know I will still have to work the next couple of weeks to train my boss; he's relied on me so much the past 4 years.

Re: beds. The twins had toddler beds until they were 5, but they are teeny tiny still. They shared a crib together until we got them the toddler beds (we were poor college students!). When Gabriel started to climb out his crib (he was about a year) and hurt his eye one night, we weren't ready for a bed for him. We ended up getting a crib tent and it was one of the best things! He couldn't throw his binky out anymore, so I wasn't having to search for it in the middle of the night and it gave him such a comfort. He never fought it and loved being in his crib at naptime and nighttime. I hesitated when we were switching him to his toddler bed. We rescued a fire engine toddler bed from a neighbor's garage. :) It was free, so we'll use it until I'm ready for him to be in a big boy bed (probably not until he's about 5 like the boys).

I'll be back with the my stats. I am so ready for the birthdays to be done and life to get back to normal! LOL Thank goodness they are now!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    HI, I joined this group a long time ago and then fell off the wagon and into the ditch with diet and exercise. I am ready to come back, would love to join back up.
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Hi Amanda! You are certainly welcome to rejoin us. We are in the middle of a challenge, so feel free to jump right in. :) Take your weight, multiply it by 20 and that is your exercise calorie goal for the week. We post on Sundays how we did.

Mine's a bit late. I didn't lose any weight this past week. So still hanging out at 160. Now that birthday cakes and dinners are out of mind, I will be better. Just had a bit of a struggle this weekend. It was yummy and worth it though. LOL

Weight last week: 160
    Calorie goal: 3200
    Calories burned: 3350 (thanks to refinishing the furniture!)

Weight this week: 160
    Calorie goal: 3200

DIdn't get our workout done this morning. We needed to just have some cuddle time in bed. We'll get 'er done tonight after my board meeting. I'm happy for things to get back to normal. I'm also really feeling at peace this morning. Finally. I hope you have a great day today, mamas!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming me back. I weighed 166 last week and have dropped 4 pounds since then due to TOM, water weight and just making better choices.

Weight Last Week - 166 pounds
    Weight This Week - 162 pounds
    Calorie Goal - 3240
    Calories Burnt So Far This Week - 618

That means I have to burn 465 calories per day! At first this sounds daunting but I can break it up into several times per day so it is doable!
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    It is doable - and it's been a great challenge. It means that you have to move everyday (or at least 5 times a week). Great job with the weight loss.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Amanda - Welcome back!! I agree, that sounds doable, you'll just have to plan ahead of time.

Lisa - Saw your update about finally deciding to quit your job. I'm glad you've made a decision and won't have that stress anymore. If you can do it - why not take advantage and spend some more time with your family. :happy: I was reading your response to Kaitlyn's question abou beds and had to laugh. My boys are 8 and more often than not still sleep in the same bed. They're pretty little still and I think they just like to be together. Granted they can still fight like cats and dogs. :wink:

I know I'm not going to hit my burn target this week. Still feeling under the weather, it's been 3 days since I've gotten any workouts in. Oddly enough, I miss it. :laugh: Who would have guessed I would look forward to exercising? I stayed home from work and slept most of today, hoping it will get me back on my feet. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel more human and can get some walking in a least. I've maintained the same weight since I got sick though, and I'm happy about that.
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    I've been "lost" for a couple of days...but back on track tomorrow. I did lose a couple of pounds....wonder if stress increases metabolism? Feel like crawling under a rock and staying there until December 10...but I will "stop being such a sissy...and put my big girl pants on!" Came close to the calorie burn this week...but didn't quite make it. Now time to catch up on email, and finish my glass of wine :bigsmile:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Had a GREAT morning at the gym, burnt 603 calories in an hour. YEAH!

Hope everybody is having a terrific day! :flowerforyou:
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Cori - yeah, except I'm getting a guilt trip from my boss' wife. :( She doesn't want it to be a permanent thing. Oh geez, yes! When we had the bunks actually bunked, we would often find them sleeping together on the bottom bed. Mine argue as well. Drives me crazy! How are you feeling today?

JP - I don't know about stress increasing your metabolism, but nice job losing a couple of pounds. I love your signature. Put your big girl pants on! :D

Amanda - that's a great burn! What were you doing at the gym?

I looked in my pants drawer today and saw a couple of medium size capris that fit (I ended up wearing a pair of them), some shorts, a pair of sweat pants, workout pants and snowboarding pants. LOL I had no jeans and I wasn't in the mood to wear my dressier pants today. So, the boys and I went to the Salvation Army (it's the best place to go in my town). I found a pair of size 8 Mossimo jeans and size 30 Lucky Brand jeans for $3 each (after the half off all clothing!). I went and tried them on real quick and they fit comfortably! I found a pair of Gap jeans that were a size 4 and surprisingly fit everywhere except my thighs. I couldn't get the crotch area to be higher, but I did get them buttoned and zipped comfortably. It's all right though, they were super flares and not my style. LOL I am just excited about the size 8. I started at a really tight size 12 and yesterday when I was going through some of our boxes in the garage seeing what I could get rid, I came across a letter I had written my husband about some goals I had. One of them was to be in a size 6 or 8 since I had never been able to wear that size. I am thrilled beyond belief!

I came home from my board meeting at 10 last night (yuck!) and hubby was already asleep, so I missed my workout yesterday. We did it this morning and since today's was just a stretch day, we'll do that tonight before bed. Thank goodness it worked out like that! :)

Have a great day. Fall is in the air for sure!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Cori - yeah, except I'm getting a guilt trip from my boss' wife. :( She doesn't want it to be a permanent thing. Oh geez, yes! When we had the bunks actually bunked, we would often find them sleeping together on the bottom bed. Mine argue as well. Drives me crazy! How are you feeling today?

JP - I don't know about stress increasing your metabolism, but nice job losing a couple of pounds. I love your signature. Put your big girl pants on! :D

Amanda - that's a great burn! What were you doing at the gym?

I looked in my pants drawer today and saw a couple of medium size capris that fit (I ended up wearing a pair of them), some shorts, a pair of sweat pants, workout pants and snowboarding pants. LOL I had no jeans and I wasn't in the mood to wear my dressier pants today. So, the boys and I went to the Salvation Army (it's the best place to go in my town). I found a pair of size 8 Mossimo jeans and size 30 Lucky Brand jeans for $3 each (after the half off all clothing!). I went and tried them on real quick and they fit comfortably! I found a pair of Gap jeans that were a size 4 and surprisingly fit everywhere except my thighs. I couldn't get the crotch area to be higher, but I did get them buttoned and zipped comfortably. It's all right though, they were super flares and not my style. LOL I am just excited about the size 8. I started at a really tight size 12 and yesterday when I was going through some of our boxes in the garage seeing what I could get rid, I came across a letter I had written my husband about some goals I had. One of them was to be in a size 6 or 8 since I had never been able to wear that size. I am thrilled beyond belief!

I came home from my board meeting at 10 last night (yuck!) and hubby was already asleep, so I missed my workout yesterday. We did it this morning and since today's was just a stretch day, we'll do that tonight before bed. Thank goodness it worked out like that! :)

Have a great day. Fall is in the air for sure!

Fall is in the air also! Cool nights and days in the 60s. The garden completely froze two nights ago.

I did the treadmill, the elliptical, the bike and the stair climber. 15 minutes on the bike, 35 minutes on the elliptical, 5 minutes on the bike and 5 minutes on the stair climber. It was awesome about the 30 minute mark I found my rhythm.

Awesome job on the jean size! I am currently in a 12, started in a tight 16, am wondering what size I will be in when I reach my goal of 140. That is my first goal, will re-assess from there!
  • froggytank3
    froggytank3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone, I would love to join this group! My name is Rebecca, I am a full-time mom of two (a 3 &1/2 year old girl and a 16 weeks baby boy), as well as a full-time student. I have lost the weight from my pregnancy BUT I still have a lot to lose. My problem is I just can't seem to keep motivated, so I am hoping this site will help!
    Thanks!
    Rebecca
    :happy:

2422753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone, I would love to join this group! My name is Rebecca, I am a full-time mom of two (a 3 &1/2 year old girl and a 16 weeks baby boy), as well as a full-time student. I have lost the weight from my pregnancy BUT I still have a lot to lose. My problem is I just can't seem to keep motivated, so I am hoping this site will help!
    Thanks!
    Rebecca
    :happy:

2422753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Welcome to MFP and this group! :flowerforyou:
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Options
    Lisa- I just got some 8's around to list on ebay. Mostly Gap. I was going to sell them cheap as I bought them all off of ebay. If you would be interested I could cut you a deal. If not no biggy, just figured I'd let you know :D

Hi everyone. I forgot what I was going to say, so I'll be back later I think :D
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    JP - Stress actually slows your metablism as it triggers your sympathetic nervous system to kick in. We learned all about it in physiology last semester.

My stress level is off the charts right now, which causes my Tourette's to act up, and makes me super twitchy. It's awesome. haha! I turned in my commitment paper for the nursing program yesterday. The deadline for papers to be turned in is tommorrow, and as of yesterday 13 people hadn't turned theirs in yet. I'm supposed to call sometime next week to see if I've moved up the list at all. Fingers crossed!

I've noticed my clothes have started fitting differently, which is a really nice feeling. I've moved down a jean size, but I still have an entire closet full of jeans I'm dying to wear. All in due time, I suppose. So have you guys noticed that your clothes get ruined a lot faster with kids? My daughter is constantly staining my clothes or pulling on my neck lines until they stretch out far enough to lose their shape permnently. I don't have the money to be buing new stuff, but I look like a hot stained stretched mess!