Time for us Moms! Group

Options

Replies

• CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Lisa - woohoo on the size 8! How tall are you? Don't let your bosses wife get to you - you put a lot of thought into this decision and I'm sure you made the right decision for your family.

Amanda - We've got the same goal weight - granted I've got a lot further to go :laugh: I would kill to be a size 8, wondering if I'll hit a size 8 before I hit 140, hmmm - that'd be nice!

Rebecca - Welcome! Motivation and time are always the trick when you're busy - you just have to remind yourself that youre worth it. :bigsmile:

Kaitlyn - Nice work on the clothes fitting differently! I was more excited about that than I was about the scale moving - it was nice to feel more comfortable. I sympathize with the whole kids and clothes issue - I was forever looking like a hot mess because the kids had gotten their hands on all my stuff lol. Fingers corssed for you that you;ll move up on the list for the nursing program.

So I need opinions. Is it cheating to wear some kind of tummy control underwear to get into a smaller size of pants? My pants are huge everywhere but when I try on a size smaller my stupid belly won't fit, but everything else does. I hate going to work looking like a slob - but I don't want to be uncomfortable and crammed into my clothes either. For a little good news - I've gone from a 3X shirt to an XL - nice to have some progress!

Almost Friday ladies - and fun and axciting plans for the weekend?
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Lisa - woohoo on the size 8! How tall are you? Don't let your bosses wife get to you - you put a lot of thought into this decision and I'm sure you made the right decision for your family.

Amanda - We've got the same goal weight - granted I've got a lot further to go :laugh: I would kill to be a size 8, wondering if I'll hit a size 8 before I hit 140, hmmm - that'd be nice!

Rebecca - Welcome! Motivation and time are always the trick when you're busy - you just have to remind yourself that youre worth it. :bigsmile:

Kaitlyn - Nice work on the clothes fitting differently! I was more excited about that than I was about the scale moving - it was nice to feel more comfortable. I sympathize with the whole kids and clothes issue - I was forever looking like a hot mess because the kids had gotten their hands on all my stuff lol. Fingers corssed for you that you;ll move up on the list for the nursing program.

So I need opinions. Is it cheating to wear some kind of tummy control underwear to get into a smaller size of pants? My pants are huge everywhere but when I try on a size smaller my stupid belly won't fit, but everything else does. I hate going to work looking like a slob - but I don't want to be uncomfortable and crammed into my clothes either. For a little good news - I've gone from a 3X shirt to an XL - nice to have some progress!

Well let's work together toward that goal! How tall are you?
  • CGerman
    Options

5'5"
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Ferdiebirdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cori- You might, I'm 138 and wearing 4's & 6's. I'm 5'5 if that helps at all :) My goal size was a 6 and I hit that in the mid 140 to high 140's. What's crazy is last time I lost I was in the 140's but wearing 8's. I wasn't working out at all though, so maybe that is why I'm shaped much differently with adding exercise.

Kaitlyn- YES my clothes don't last near as long. Max tugs on them and Briar pulls on them, but it is getting somewhat better as they get older and I'm not carrying them ALL the time or feeding them and so on. But they still like to snuggle and tug and destroy :) Congrats on your stuff fitting differently!

Hello newbies and others I missed :)
  • AmandaJ
    Options

5'5"

See I am on 5'3" but 140 at the very high end of healthy so that is my first goal!
  • CGerman
    Options

5'5"

See I am on 5'3" but 140 at the very high end of healthy so that is my first goal!

Sweet - we can do this!
  • CGerman
    Options
    Cori- You might, I'm 138 and wearing 4's & 6's. I'm 5'5 if that helps at all :) My goal size was a 6 and I hit that in the mid 140 to high 140's. What's crazy is last time I lost I was in the 140's but wearing 8's. I wasn't working out at all though, so maybe that is why I'm shaped much differently with adding exercise.

I'd be excited to be a size 8 - I'd be over the moon to be anything smaller :laugh:
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Cori - I'm 5'7'' - it's so nice to have a break right now.....

Kaitlyn - hoping and praying that you will move up on the list! My clothes actually last for quite a long time. I'm more the klutz who spills food on myself, or bleach if I am cleaning, or my shirts finally get holey. Gabriel is not too bad about hanging on me, thank goodness!

Heather - thanks for the offer, I think I'm going to have to pass right now. I bought a whole bunch of shirts and pants around our anniversary when we completed our first round and I don't think I can get any more until I get my butt up to Santa Cruz to return the stuff I bought that doesn't fit! :)

Hmmm, plans for this weekend. Not too much, I don't think. It's supposed to rain on Sunday again, or I was hoping to go to the amusement park. We were supposed to go look at some more property with my in-laws too. Not sure if that will happen or not. Hopefully, we'll be able to go through more of the garage and get it organized again. There's a bunch of stuff I am trying to sell on Craigslist. I will probably need to make a trip to Savers as well to donate some more things that we don't need.

Anyone started Christmas shopping yet? Or do you pick up things throughout the year and hold onto it? I just bought one of my nieces an outfit for her American Girl doll and at Michael's, I saw a Dragon Mosaic kit for the boys' best friend since he loves dragons and bought a $1 Super Why coloring book for Gabriel (his fave!). We have so many nieces and a nephew, so I am limited to about $15-$20 for each of them and sometimes it is just difficult to find something that they like (I'm so not used to girls!).
  • CGerman
    Options
    Anyone started Christmas shopping yet? Or do you pick up things throughout the year and hold onto it? I just bought one of my nieces an outfit for her American Girl doll and at Michael's, I saw a Dragon Mosaic kit for the boys' best friend since he loves dragons and bought a $1 Super Why coloring book for Gabriel (his fave!). We have so many nieces and a nephew, so I am limited to about $15-$20 for each of them and sometimes it is just difficult to find something that they like (I'm so not used to girls!).

We've got 11 nieces and nephews plus our 5 to buy for. We usually do the same, about $15-$20 for all the nieces and nephews. Kids always end up with so much stuff anyway no sense in going crazy, lol. We haven't started yet - but I really need to. Luckily for us all of our parents and grandparents get new pictures, so I just have to find time to get out and take pictures. My sister-in-law is a great photographer so she's been doing them the last couple years. Hopefully my kids will settle on a couple things they want - it keeps changing, so "Santa" can get busy.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Still under my calories for the day, Woo-Hoo!

Our plans for the week-end involve taking care of our youngest dd as she is having dental surgery tomorrow. We are also hoping to go to a corn maze with the older kids on either Saturday or Sunday.

I have started thinking about Christmas, does that count? :laugh: I have bought some things here and there and tucked them away for the nephews. We have 5 nephews so not as bad as you some of you. I am making a blanket for youngest dd and youngest nephew so need to get started on them. I have already bought the material.
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    Hey mommies! Just joined mfp a few days ago and thought I would join in on this group. I have a 3 year old daughter who keeps me on my toes most days. :) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mkcole
    Options

Taking the munchkin to Ghouls at Grassmere (Halloween at the Zoo) tomorrow. Should be tons of fun.
  • mkcole
    Options

I am the same, 5'3 and initial goal is 140. I think I really want to be somewhere around 120 but i'll take getting into the healthy range for starters.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    :wink: My 15 year old just beat the crap out of me! Now before any of you call the police in my state let me explain. Dh and I have been taking nice leisure walks at night looking at the stars and moon and just talking. He wasn't feeling up to going so ds went with me. No leisure walk, we got down there and he turned into a drill sergeant after asking me if he could. I am sitting here a sweating sticky mess and we drove home. He is hired!
  • AmandaJ
    Options

I am the same, 5'3 and initial goal is 140. I think I really want to be somewhere around 120 but i'll take getting into the healthy range for starters.

120 was my original goal also but then I thought after 3 kids I would be happy to be healthy. I am never satisfied with how I look so I am sure if I ever get there I will change it to a lower goal!
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of posts since this afternoon...

Heather - I love your names! Briar is adorable.

No big plans for the weekend, just trying to study for my chem test. Jeremy's still working on that tile job, but he'll hopefully finish up this weekend. Tomorrow I'm taking my class on a field trip to the local jail. Guess what it's named? This is so hilarious... Purgatory! Aptly named, I think.

Cori - I totally support using spanx or something similar to hold in the flab. You're not completely toned up yet, but you deserve to wear that size! Even the celebrities do it. I don't see the harm.

Went for a bike ride this afternoon. I'm so out of shape! I couldn't breathe, every time we hit any kind of incline we had to stop like every 20 feet so I could catch my breath. Also, my mom is an avid biker, so I could read the look on her face saying, "Wow, really? You can't even do this simple ride?" and I totally get it. I was embarrassed and pissed at myself for being so incapable and I just wanted to cry. She was trying to be supportive and she didn't actually say anything, but I could see it on her face. Plus, my daughter rode on my mom's bike, and I could see her watching me. I kind of felt like I was letting her down. She was encouraging though, yelling "Yay! Mama!" That made me want to cry for an entirely different reason, you know? :o) I love her so much. Oh, and the icing on the cake was that while I was peddling, my thighs hit my stomach. Classy.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    MK - Welcome! Have fun at the zoo tonight! Did you say your little one is 3? My youngest is 3 as well, a crazy fun age for sure. :D You have done a great job already losing so much weight. Congrats!

Amanda - I love that your 15 year old got all Drill Sgt on you! You know, after 3 kids, I don't know if I will ever be truly happy with how my body looks. Damn media and it's airbrush! But, I know that how I feel on the inside matters a whole lot more than how I look of the outside. So, even if my 6 pack doesn't come out, I know I'll be healthy.

Cori - I totally forgot to respond about the bodyslimming underwear. Heck no! I don't think that's cheating at all. Go for it. No one has to know that you are wearing it. :D If it makes you feel good and you feel like you look more professional because your clothes are not so baggy, then awesome. Congrats on dropping so many sizes as well. I think with 50 lbs gone, you deserve a little Spanx. :D

Kaitlyn - LOL at Purgatory. Is this a field trip to get them interested in criminal justice or to deter them from being incarcerated? :D
    Ok, your thighs hit your stomach and you had to stop to bike up the hills. But, you did it! You didn't just stop and turn back when it got too hard (which my neighbor has done when we ride a flat ride around the neighborhood!). You pushed through and you did it. You're not going to be perfect in the beginning, it takes time to work up the endurance and stamina. Even I have a hard time on my bike - but if you are consistent, it will get easier. I am proud of you for doing it, and it sounds like your little angel was too.

Thank God it's Friday! Have I said how ready I am for the clocks to change? It drives me crazy that the sun isn't coming up until 7 a.m. Makes it hard to get up and out of bed when it is so dark.

The boys woke up this morning and found one of their fish swimming upside down. Yes, he was still alive. Just not doing too well. We've had him for over 2 years (they got him from the science teacher on the last day of Kinder - it's a red tail shark) and it's always said when one of the fish die. We've had the aquarium since the boys' 6th birthday and we've had all of the original fish die (they lasted about 2 years). I know they're fish, but the boys and my husband name them Not sure how much longer this one is going to last. He's in quarantine with some medicine in the water. Not too optimistic right now. Happy I don't have a dog or cat, we've been through that and it's just horrible when they die.
  • mkcole
    Options
    MK - Welcome! Have fun at the zoo tonight! Did you say your little one is 3? My youngest is 3 as well, a crazy fun age for sure. :D You have done a great job already losing so much weight. Congrats!

Yes, she turned 3 in August.

I lost all of my weight back in 08-09 and then just kind of gave out on it. I let myself go from 154 back up to 165 and said enough is enough. I'm ready to actually make it to goal this time.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Youngest just got back from recovery from her dental surgery, waiting for her to wake up so we can go home!
  • CGerman
    Options
    Kaitlyn - When we first starting riding bikes I looked ridiculous! Thighs hitting the tummy, red faces, sweat dripping. I'd wait and go at dusk so the neighbors wouldn't see how fat and out of shape I was. I couldn't ride up the hills, had to get off and push the stupid bike up. But I stuck with it - because I didn't want to feel so crappy when I did it. I still slow down on big hills - but I've made huge improvements, and so will you!!! It's tough when you ride with someone whose great, it's natural o compare yourself and feel even worse. You deserve a big pat on the back for sticking with it - I'm proud of you girl! :bigsmile:

Amanda - Love the drill sergent story! :laugh: It's nice having someone that pushes you. That's why I started doing my cardio with my husband, my competitive nature comes out and it pushes me to ry just a little harder to keep up with him. Hope your little one recovers quickly from dental surgery - that doesn't sound like any fun! I agree, after 5 kids I don't think I'll ever get back the body I once had, but I'll be happy with being comfortable in my own skin.

MK - hope you enjoyed the zoo! I've given up on our local zoo, just not worth the money. We made the mistake of going to San Deigo Zoo and now our zoo just seems sad :laugh:

Lisa - Oh no on the fish! We've had fish before, but they've never lived long enough for anyone to get attached, we're cursed when it comes to fish :blushing: Dogs and cats are tough when they die. We had a schnauzer tha we'd had since before we had kids that died last year - luckily the kids were little enough they didn't really get what that meant. When they see pictures of her they'll still comment that when Roo died mommy was sad.

The weather has turned off pretty cold - they are even saying it could snow Monday. Guess it's time to get the Christmas lights on the house before the roof is covered in ice - my hubby is scared of heights as it is, don't want him battling the elements on top of it. Good news - one more lawn mowing and I think we'll be done for the year. I love having a big yard for the kids, but man it's a hassle to keep up. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!