Time for us Moms! Group

Options

Replies

• mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    I've been a little MIA this weekend. We (no, I) spent Saturday searching for a big girl bed for my daughter. I bought one from a friend and my mom had a coupon for one of the furniture stores in town. I found a mattress that was worth the amount of the coupon, so it ended up only costing the $6 of tax. Then I found some of my sister's old dorm sheets in my mom's linen closet and I had to buy a blanket for the bed... we got it all put together for under $100! We played in her room most of Saturday and she seemed SUPER excited about the new bed. At least, until it came time to sleep in it. Saturday night sucked. I got 3 hours of sleep. But every night since has gotten better. Last night, I had to walk her back to bed three times before she stayed, and another two times at 9.30, but only once when she woke up at 2.30 this morning. I think she was just cold that time, because I covered her up and then she was fine. This morning she slept closer to her normal wake up time, so I think we're progressing! It's been exhausting though.

Moving to the big girl bed... fun times!! It took us awhile to get our daughter to sleep in her big girl bed. It was definitely a patience tester. Eventually a nightlight, light music, and a few books read every night did the trick. She still occasionally comes to our room if she feels bad or gets scared but other than that sleeps through the night like a champ. Keep going she will eventually learn it as the norm that big girls sleep in big beds. We just got ours fully potty trained, another patience tester. haha!
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Kaitlyn - We went through the same thing when we moved our kids to big kid beds. Persistance definitely pays off. We put a CD player in their room and played a lullaby CD, it worked really well. You got a great deal on that bed!

Lisa - What is your booth at the Fall Festival? Hope the weather holds out for you.

Thanks for all the compliments and support ladies - you're all wonderful and keeing me motivated!

Hope everyone is having a great week - halfway to the weekend woohoo!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Cori - we're going to be setting up a booth for P90X, Insanity, and Shakeology. :)

It sure has been quiet. Not too much going on over here. My goal of getting our workouts done in the morning really hasn't worked out well. We have been getting them done though. I had a double Ab Sculpt DVD session last night at Fit Club (it's just 25 minutes long) and then came home and did Legs and Back from P90X with my husband. We didn't get to bed until late (I had too much energy after the workout) and Gabriel was having a hard night. Needless to say, we woke up at 7:13 this morning which is terribly late. So, I guess it will be Jeremy's turn to do a double workout at night tonight with me (he has his Fit Club tonight at school). LOL

I made the boys pumpkin muffins this morning and the recipe called for 3/4 C of flaxseed meal. We love flaxseed meal, but holy dungarees! They are all going to be regular today as the twins ate 3 and Gabe ate 2. :D

Have a great weekend! Remember to buy the candy you hate, buy it tomorrow if you can, and get someone else to man the door so you're not standing right by the bowl! :)

Kaitlyn - I finally remembered to charge my Bodybugg last night and I am feeling better already with it on. I wore it all night and I feel like I will get a truly better understanding of how much I am burning. I haven't been wearing it all day (like at night too) and I like to see the true calorie burn that I have including when I am resting and sleeping. I'll keep you posted on how it affects how I eat, etc. I've been lowering my calories and I don't know if that was what I needed to do.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join your Moms group, I am on my third week of doing p90x it has not been easy finding the time. I have two kids a 3 year old and a 1 year old and I work full time. I started working out at nights after the kids and hubby went to bed, but when I was done with P90 I was so wired that I could not go to sleep. Than I decided that the best time was getting up at 5:30 and doing my workouts before going to work and before anyone was up. It has worked out except on those days when I am half way through my workout and both kids wake up crying LOL!!!!!!

I saw your pictures and WOW Amazing are you also following their meal plan or just using MFP. I have lost 6 pounds so far and hope to look as close as you do when I am done with the 3 months
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Is it too late to join your Moms group, I am on my third week of doing p90x it has not been easy finding the time. I have two kids a 3 year old and a 1 year old and I work full time. I started working out at nights after the kids and hubby went to bed, but when I was done with P90 I was so wired that I could not go to sleep. Than I decided that the best time was getting up at 5:30 and doing my workouts before going to work and before anyone was up. It has worked out except on those days when I am half way through my workout and both kids wake up crying LOL!!!!!!

I saw your pictures and WOW Amazing are you also following their meal plan or just using MFP. I have lost 6 pounds so far and hope to look as close as you do when I am done with the 3 months

Hi! Everyone is welcome to join - we are in the middle of a challenge, but it goes til Christmas Eve, so jump on in. :) Hubby and I try to get up at 5:30 a.m. as well. I was wired for 2 and a half hours last night after we finished. Oh, yeah, my 3 year old will start to wake up about halfway through our workout and call for me. Sometimes I will pause and take care of him, but often we tell him to go lay down and read a book or play with his toys. He's pretty good about waiting. I don't know that a 1 yr old would be though!

Aw thanks for the compliment! The 1st 90 days, I used the meal plan from the Nutrition Guide and I only lost 5 lbs. I was eating at the 2400 calorie level and that wasn't enough of a calorie deficit for me. Plus, the nutrition guide doesn't take into account sodium and I find that that is a huge hurdle in weight loss. The 2nd round, I lowered my calories to 1800 and tracked my sodium on MFP. I stuck with the ratios in the front of the Nutrition Guide (50% protein/30% carbs/20% fat for the 1st phase and then 40/40/20 for the rest) and lost 23 lbs that round. I also included Shakeology, which I love, and I think that helped as well. My weight loss has been pretty flat this round, but more because I have been enjoying some party foods since we have had so many birthdays and celebrations. I am back on track now and hope to get back to a losing pattern.

BTW, I used to live in Chandler growing up. :) What part of Phx are you in?
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi, hope everybody has a great week-end! :flowerforyou:
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    :) Hope you are all having a great weekend. I am going to vent a little and say that I do not like the Prop 19 ads that are being geared to me on this site! "You already use it, legalize it" "You vote, we win" - for weed! Bleh......

Day is going well, getting ready to head over to the in-laws before my mother-in-law heads off to Hawaii for a month for work. Anybody getting rain or snow this weekend? It should be raining here soon.
  • CGerman
    Options
    Well we just got back from a sogging trick-or-treating trek. We started at Walmart so at least we were warm and dry for a little bit :wink: Luckily the rain let up about 1/2 block into walking around the neighborhood but it stayed pretty cold. And of course I ended up stepping in a huge mud puddle so my feet were frozen. All in all the kids made a haul - and all the candy I bought was gone when we got home (bonus!)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend - it's almost over already :sad:
  • CGerman
    Options
    Last Week Weight: 204
    Calories to Burn: 4,080
    Actual Calories Burned: 2,489

Current Week Weight: 203.2
    Calories to Burn: 4,064

Didn't hit my calorie burn for last week, but I didn't start working out until Saturday. Did pretty good for only having 3 days. Now that I'm feeling better I will hit my goal this week. I've decided to change my goal for Christmas - I'm hoping for 180. It's pretty ambitious, but that would make me "overweight" for Christmas - which would feel amazing! If I don't make it I know I'll at least hit my original goal of being under 200 so anything else is gravy.

We did trick-or-treating yesterday so today we'll be going to my father-in-law's house, his birthday is on Halloween so we always go there for a little party. I did pretty well with the Halloween candy yesterday, I had 1 mini bag of Reeses's Piece and a small box of Hot Tamales. Only 80 calories and was still within my calorie goal. I was excited to have candy - but it didn't sit too well, don't even want any today.

Hope everyone has a great and safe Halloween!
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This weekend was weird. I left work early on Friday because my head felt like it was too big to fit through the door, and I genrally felt like I was getting sick. I went home and had some "me time" for an hour or so before picking up my daughter from my mom's house. We were supposed to carve pumpkins, but Hubby had to work, so we never got to them. They're still sitting my the front door, waiting. Journey likes climbing all over them though... and licking them. Weirdo!

Saturday, I spent the day at my mom's working on a quilt I'm trying to make. Apparently, Utah does it's trick-or-treating on Saturday if Halloween falls on a Sunday. This annoys me. I get the religious aspect of living in this state, but come on! Anyway, Hubs was still working, so I took the baby by myself. She LOVED it! I had to drag her away from all of the festivities. We'd been out for about an hour, and finally when she started getting trampled by all of the big kids, we called it quits. She was mad. but totally passed out on the way home. Oh, she was a lion. SO CUTE!

Sunday was also spent quilting, and I got food poisoning. So last night I was in comeplete pain until I finally managed to puke it all up. Lost some weight! haha! Oh, but I felt awful. Didn't think I was going to make it in to work today, to be honest. We got a new intake over the weekend, and she's from my hometown! funny.

My progress is slow, but it's still there, so I'm happy. Hope everyone starts the week off right!

Lisa - Bodybugg update?

Cori - nice pictures! Awesome to finally see your face too!

New additions - welcome!
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Kaitlyn - how are you feeling now? I think that is bizarre that the whole state doesn't trick-or-treat on Sunday, wow. I bet she was adorable! I haven't quilted in a number of years, my sewing machine hasn't been used in a while, actually. I have some websites open on my browser of things I need to make. I keep telling myself that I need to get my bin of fabric out of one of the closets I just re-organized, but I hesitate to since I just re-organized it! What type of quilt are you making? Good job losing weight. :)

Bodybugg update? I was a little bummed that I only burned 430 calories yesterday during Plyo (which is the hardest P90X DVD and one I haven't done in months). I thought for sure I would burn the magical 600 number. But, no. My afterburn was pretty nice though and I did enjoy seeing that. I didn't slip it on this morning (remember how I said I am an all-or-nothing girl) so I haven't been tracking what I burned today. I will wear it to bed tonight so that I can see my daily burn tomorrow though.

Pumpkin chili and pumpkin cornbread for dinner tonight. Yum! Not that it's really cold enough to eat it. But, I just got a new crockpot yesterday and since the boys have gymnastics until 5:30 I wanted something easy to make. I'm trying to cut down on my carbs again. I bought a lot of protein foods yesterday since I feel like I haven't been able to get as much in. I can definitely feel and see a difference when I eat too many carbs, so it's back to a more balanced diet for me.

Hope you ladies are having an awesome Tuesday!
  • CGerman
    Options
    Kaitlyn - I agree with you on the trick-r-treating on Saturday - and I'm from Utah :laugh: I've never understood it myself. Then again I don't go to church either so maybe I'm missing something. :tongue: I bet Journey was a cute lion - I love seeing all the little ones dressed up. Hope you're feeling better - food poisoning is the worst. Slow progress is definitely better than no progress!

Lisa - Must be a pumpkin day, my hubby has been home making pumpkin bread all day. We had to do something with the 14 pumpkins we bought for Halloween this year :laugh:

I think TMO is coming with a vengence. Somehow I've managed to gain 4 lbs since Sunday! How the hell does that happen? I haven't been over calories, sodium has been under 1,200 mg a day, and I drink 15-20 glasses of water a day. I've been exercising every day - but nothing intense enough that would explain water gain. So - I'm chaulking it up to hormones. Very frustrating though, I was so close to being under 200 and now I feel like I've stalled out.
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Cori - I've had the same problem this week. That's why I am trying to get back to lower carbs. My sodium is always higher than 1200 and I can't imagine drinking that much water! Just keep doing what you know to do and I'm sure it will drop off again. 14 pumpkins? Goodness gracious! My compost bin couldn't hold all of that. :D
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lisa and Cori - Do you guys ever feel like we're the only three in here? :o) I love both of you. You keep me motivated when I want to quit.

My mom bought us bikes for Christmas! I'm so excited! We need to figure out how to score a cheap bike trailer for the Bear. She loves riding with my parents. They have one of those seats that goes on the front of the bike.

Not much to report today. I've been going over calories the past few days, but I have a handle on it now. I'm so tired lately... like, exhausted tired. I'm trying to go to bed before midnight, but it's so hard to get there!

Happy hump day!
  • MsCoCo
    Options
    I would love to join your group! I am a mom of a 9 yr old whom I home school and 4yr old twins. they attend a preschool a few hours per day, as they were very premature and are speech delayed. (i hope to home school them for kindergarten onward!)
    I am married to a wonderful man! we have been married for 22 years! I have been through a lot of personal ups and downs with health, work, family etc. I had to stop working last year as it was too much for me to do with health issues, three kids....etc. etc. I am feeling a lot better and am DONE putting myself on the back burner. As an mom of twins, I was using that excuse as a reason to not take care of myself...too busy, too tired, they need me...etc. I have just started reading the book "Never Say Diet" by Chantel Hobbs. It matches where my mind is right now....yes, I have to change my mind FIRST and be willing to make the right choices.
    I don't have a scale right now because the last two I bought,the twins took turns jumping UP AND DOWN on which totally whacks out a digital scale! I know I have at least 50lbs. to lose.

As you see I am rambling because I have moved to a new area and haven't made many friends. When you don't go the office, making friends takes a bit more work.

So, I look forward to seeing all of you as progress. I only on my second day...so I am in the "sugar detox" mode...but it's OK I can do anything I set my mind to!
    MsCoCo!
  • CGerman
    Options
    MsCoCo - You're welcome to join! Lisa (BOGmama) and I both have twins - so we relate to the time they take. My younger set of twins turn 4 this month - are yours boys/girls? I think as a mom in general it's easy to put yourself on the back burner, it's definitely an adjustment making time for yourself. Jumping on your scale sounds like somehing my little ones would do - I gave them an old one so they can "weigh in" with mom :laugh:

Kaitlyn - It feels that way sometimes :tongue: Yay for getting bikes for Christmas - you guys will have so much fun. We've got both a seat that hooks on the bike and a bike trailer, I think the trailer is easier to ride with. Check ksl.com and ebay for used ones - you can probably get a good deal on a higher quality trailer so Journey stays safe and comfy.

Lisa - Maybe I'll have to look at cutting carbs. I don't eat tha much, but maybe switching things up will help. I'm really wondering if this is a rebound from being sick. I wasn't eating as much as I should so maybe when my calories went back up my weight went with it. Yeah - we were on pumpkin overload this year - I'm going to be eating pumpkin all year :laugh: I might have missed it somewhere, but how did your booth go at the Fall Festival?

Found a new minestrone recipe I'm looking forward to trying this weekend - I love a good soup! Found a low sodium vegetable stock recipe so I can keep the salt down in the soup too. We're going to a friend's surprise party for her 30th wedding anniversary this weekend, so we'll have an afternoon without kids!
    I'm already stressing about Christmas - I swear it sneaks up on my every year. Of course I have all the kids birthdays before Christmas so I'm always short on cash - oh the joys.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Lisa and Cori - Do you guys ever feel like we're the only three in here? :o) I love both of you. You keep me motivated when I want to quit.

My mom bought us bikes for Christmas! I'm so excited! We need to figure out how to score a cheap bike trailer for the Bear. She loves riding with my parents. They have one of those seats that goes on the front of the bike.

Not much to report today. I've been going over calories the past few days, but I have a handle on it now. I'm so tired lately... like, exhausted tired. I'm trying to go to bed before midnight, but it's so hard to get there!

Happy hump day!

I am here and I love reading all of your posts. It was a crazy and busy fun week-end. Halloween parties, a church harvest party and trick or treating. Then Monday I worked my 5 hours and took dh to a doctor appt in a town an hour away. Tuesday I worked the election polls for 13 hours and when got home needed to help the kids with homework. Today I am trying to get the house work caught up and rest. Tomorrow is parent teacher conferences, dd theray in a town an hour away and I must go get some groceries. BUT I read your posts, and think of you all!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Also want to add I haven't drank any coke or caffiene for five days now!! WOO-HOO! I was drinking the regular Coke and was easily consuming 3/4 of my daily calories in the stuff. My tummy thanks me by not being so bloated!
  • CGerman
    Options
    Also want to add I haven't drank any coke or caffiene for five days now!! WOO-HOO! I was drinking the regular Coke and was easily consuming 3/4 of my daily calories in the stuff. My tummy thanks me by not being so bloated!

Great job Amanda! I couldn't believe how much better I felt when I gave up the soda. It's been so long now I'm afraid if I have one it will just taste like a shot of sugar :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Options

Great job Amanda! I couldn't believe how much better I felt when I gave up the soda. It's been so long now I'm afraid if I have one it will just taste like a shot of sugar :laugh:

Yesterday was the hardest day, surprised me since it was day #5 but I woke up with a headache and had the sugar cravings. Then I realized I hadn't drank enough water that morning and that really really helped.

Have a great Thursday everyone!