Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Thankfully mum is just a bit sore today after her fall yesterday, nothing a few painkillers can't cure, she said she is giving my dad a wide berth today ;) (I think he forgets that mum isn't as young as she used to be and is not steady on her feet) he did try to apologise when she told him he'd pushed her, but he didn't remember doing it.

I have been busy decluttering again and managed to purge some DVDs that were given free with the newspapers years ago, (my hubby used to collect them), but they are not ones I particularly want to watch so I'll put them in the charity bag. This frees a bit of space in a cupboard, but not sure whether to use it or take it off the wall.

Happy Anniversary Heather. How funny that you bought each other almost identical cards, you will have to show us your sea horse broach.

I'd better get to the shops, looks like the sun is coming out - I might get some washing on the line to dry today after all.

Love to all <3
    Viv York UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    not much to say but Good Morning, had my tea and watched Joyce.. long day at work today , so will hop in the shower and get dressed , go walk the boys feed DFIL and go in. our boss is in the army national guard and will be gone overseas for 2 weeks.. and he has been on us about every little thing..micro manage every little thing..
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Rye - good to see you post! Sorry about the financial issues--they weigh on us, and are stressful, glad you're continuing your own healthy path.

Rita - glad you checked in, and am happy seeing you happy and busy. I remember when you first began with us, and it's lovely to see you this way.

To the person who noted it, yes, the niggling health issue has become... something that's keeping me home most of the time. I am hoping the doctor's visit on Friday will see me getting some of the symptoms under control with medication, but I have my doubts they will give medication at the visit. As it's not life-threatening, I am afraid they will want to do the tests first, which can take weeks with the VA. We'll see how it goes. It's certainly quality-of-life threatening, but not like I'm going to croak over, just uncomfortable, embarrassing and depressing.

All that said, everything else is going along just fine. Work is fine, home life is fine, my weight is staying stable, which is at least not going up, and I'm fine with that for the moment.

Busy morning coming up. Happy Tuesday, all, past, present or future.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Rye - I'm very happy to see you posting. <3 I was wondering how you were getting on. I hate financial worries. I used to have them a lot and felt desperate.

Lanette - that exercise of getting up from a cross legged position is almost the same as one we saw a couple of years ago. Out of a score of ten you have to deduct one point for every part you put on the floor, e.g. hand, foot, elbow, knee etc. I can get up with one hand. :D Not too bad for 69. I can get down with nothing.

Well, my friends, I ate much, much, too much last night. Oooops! We did walk home, about 5k, but that would not go far to undo the damage. Even though I exercised 1100 total calories yesterday, I still ate and drank 800 over maintenance calories. :embarassed: Very chunky fries came into it, plus batter fried halloumi, plus half a rich chocolate tart. :o>:)
    Oh well, I have the rest of my life to compensate for it.
    The concert was a mixed bag. I just think I am too old for fringe events. So much about the organising annoyed me. A few bright lights though. A very good flamenco singer.

Tonight is Swing dancing. :D The walk home was hard yesterday - my back was very sore from sitting on benches for hours. But I made it! OK today, but I had to force myself to do my morning exercises. Missed out the push ups.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! I woke up this morning after hitting snooze for 30 minutes. What a waste and not typical of me. But I got ready for my day, headed out to take the trash to the curb and it was so beautiful. Temp is/was probably mid 50s, sun not quite up yet, but the birds were going crazy. When I got back inside to make my coffee, my phone chimed. My early morning arrival is not coming today; so out the door I went and managed to walk a fast(ish) three miles. I averaged 3.8 mph, so I am quite happy with that. My ankles feel better (they were still stiff when I woke up). Anyway, I am showered, have walked outside, had my coffee and am ready for kids to arrive. Yea, ME! :D
    Rye- Omigoodness! Hello! So happy to hear/see your voice! So sorry about the financial stress. I am riding that same boat with you, and sending you lots of good thoughts/vibes. Glad to hear that other than that things are rolling along as normal.
    Lanette- OH, the up and down test! I remember when some one (maybe Pip) posted that a couple of years ago! I did really well then with only one point deducted for using one hand coming up. Right now, I am using both hands and a knee. :/ I guess it is good to see these sort of things posted now and again, to shake us up and mentally tell ourselves "HEY! You have work to do!"
    Heather- lol I swear to God, YOU are my retirement inspiration! I love to read your posts about where you are going, what you are doing, food, grandkids, dancing, cruising,...lol Seriously, from here on out, I will make life choices with the phrase "What would Heather do?" in my head! (Can that be made into a bracelet? WWHD?) ;)<3 But truly, your posts (and a few other of our mfp friend's posts) keep me plugging away at making better choices and aiming for my best life! Inspirational!
    Lisa- I am thinking of you! I know it is hard for you to not be going full force on physical things; and that is when other things seem to begin to bog you (all of us) down. Hang in there! Baby steps! Time is a great healer!
    Barbara- So sorry to hear of your friend's passing! Sending much love to you!
    Pip- When is your race?

Well, the day marches on. I have my interview with a prospective new family tonight! Hoping they commit to me caring for their one year old son, then I can just fill my other spot and be set for summer. Love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Back to logging today and from this day forward ;) Busy times is no excuse, I get to make great food choices and will log them! I have been taking maintenance for granted, so back to business for me! NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! I woke up this morning after hitting snooze for 30 minutes. What a waste and not typical of me. But I got ready for my day, headed out to take the trash to the curb and it was so beautiful. Temp is/was probably mid 50s, sun not quite up yet, but the birds were going crazy. When I got back inside to make my coffee, my phone chimed. My early morning arrival is not coming today; so out the door I went and managed to walk a fast(ish) three miles. I averaged 3.8 mph, so I am quite happy with that. My ankles feel better (they were still stiff when I woke up). Anyway, I am showered, have walked outside, had my coffee and am ready for kids to arrive. Yea, ME! :D
    Rye- Omigoodness! Hello! So happy to hear/see your voice! So sorry about the financial stress. I am riding that same boat with you, and sending you lots of good thoughts/vibes. Glad to hear that other than that things are rolling along as normal.
    Lanette- OH, the up and down test! I remember when some one (maybe Pip) posted that a couple of years ago! I did really well then with only one point deducted for using one hand coming up. Right now, I am using both hands and a knee. :/ I guess it is good to see these sort of things posted now and again, to shake us up and mentally tell ourselves "HEY! You have work to do!"
    Heather- lol I swear to God, YOU are my retirement inspiration! I love to read your posts about where you are going, what you are doing, food, grandkids, dancing, cruising,...lol Seriously, from here on out, I will make life choices with the phrase "What would Heather do?" in my head! (Can that be made into a bracelet? WWHD?) ;)<3 But truly, your posts (and a few other of our mfp friend's posts) keep me plugging away at making better choices and aiming for my best life! Inspirational!
    Lisa- I am thinking of you! I know it is hard for you to not be going full force on physical things; and that is when other things seem to begin to bog you (all of us) down. Hang in there! Baby steps! Time is a great healer!
    Barbara- So sorry to hear of your friend's passing! Sending much love to you!
    Pip- When is your race?

Well, the day marches on. I have my interview with a prospective new family tonight! Hoping they commit to me caring for their one year old son, then I can just fill my other spot and be set for summer. Love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

2 day ride September 7 and 8
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Day off to a good start. Weekly weigh-in has me down .2 this week. Was a bit disappointed until I put on slacks that did not fit March 7 when I started back here. They are now loose and probably won't fit in another couple of pounds, so 8 pounds does make a difference (and the scale only tells part of the story).

Didn't add yard work to exercise. The only thing I do is let fitbit link up and MFP calculates from steps and cardio activity. Feel like putting something separate in would be double counting. I could be wrong, but this seems to be working for me and I want to keep it simple.

Will try the getting up from floor with no hands (don't know with artificial hips how that will work, don't have completely natural flexibility). I am happy I can squat all the way down and stand up without assistance (and if your hips have ever gone to bone-on-bone, you will know what I mean). However, will have to test that out--body continues to adapt and improve.

Have a good Tuesday all,

Ginny
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Even when I weighed 120 lbs I still wore size 14 jeans. Guess it was my shape.

Me too! Since I was about 15, I've been into "large" sizes even when I was underweight. I do have wide hip bones ... I can be really light but still have the hips.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Uni -- got frustrated with my instructor last night and sent an email which had the result I was hoping for. She agreed to meet me in my tutorial this morning. :) And fortunately, it looks like we're on the right track. I've been working on it this evening.

Work -- another busy day. I'm trying to get on top of my stuff while fielding requests from other people.

Cycling Club -- I really need to look at the route for an event on June 1.

Exercise -- 5.6 km walking + 3 flights of stairs.

Eating -- mmmm ... not sure. I should start logging again. Haven't since the Easter break. However, I've eating lots of fruit today.

Today was pretty much a repeat of yesterday!

Uni was a lecture. Two assignments due on Friday.
    Work was busy, but I have a vague feeling like I'm getting close to feeling almost, sort of on top of things. Or at least aware of what needs to be done next!
    Cycling Club - still really need to look at the route.
    Exercise - lots of walking and 6 flights of stairs.
    Eating - I ate! Probably a little bit too much.

M in Oz

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Beth - such great news about the CBD oil and your dog's amazing recovery, hope it helps him for the foreseeable future! After Karen in VA's report on how it helped her Yorkie, sounds like good stuff to keep on hand for our fur babies. I have some on the shelf.

Kelly - Sharon - Barbara AHMOD - Tracey..... ah yes, love and the waterbed. That's what flashed into my mind as well when Kelly mentioned romance and her foam topper. <3 . >:) Getting out of THAT dang waterbed was a challenge. How many times did I resort to pulling myself over the edge and ending up on my knees and getting up from there? Too many!

Rye
    - you've been on my mind!! So glad to see you popping back in here and sorry to hear about financial challenges. Good that your DH is paying better attention to his health. How's your little car? (New ladies - Rye was faithful in working out with SWSY (Strong Women Stay Young) and also intermittent fasting, and was such an inspiration. If I get time I'll go through past posts and review her words of wisdom.)

Sit to stand - again, I applaud those of you who are agile and strong enough to perform this. I missed (or wasn't paying attention) to the rating system when posted in this group a couple years ago. One of the main reasons for starting the SWSY was to regain enough strength in my legs to be able to get up off the floor without crawling around and pulling myself up by hanging onto a counter or piece of furniture. So I am proud to now be able to do it butt-up baby-style which is my style early in the day. Yesterday evening I was flexible enough to do it one-handed.

Tai Chi - I took it maybe 15 years ago and enjoyed it. Since then, it's been hard to find a class that fits with my schedule and I know how important it is for balance. I wanted to add a few moves - maybe 15 minutes max I could do every day for balance and meditation. So last week I contacted a friend of mine who teaches Senior Tai Chi at the local college and he offered to give me a private session. I asked if I could find a few more senior students and make it a class and he said yes - so it looks like I've rounded up a couple. We all are starting out with some seated Tai Chi - good old YouTube - and will move on to standing with our teacher hopefully in a week or two. Thinking of having the class in a park around the corner.

Make it a fabulous day, ladies!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State B)

• Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lanette: I just put myself to the test and I was able to get up from the floor without using my hands to help. I sat cross-legged and was able to roll up to my knees and then stand up, hands free. I usually do the hands and knees first, but this discussion motivated me to try.
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I couldn't do it.

I can't kneel on my knees so that presents a bit of a problem!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Wishing all y’all well!

Little has changed here. Lots of challenges and difficulties especially financial which seem insurmountable but cuddling with kitties helps lift spirits.

Weight is doing pretty well, within 7 pounds of my lowest last spring. Exercise is at the minimums ( 2 x week swsy and 2 x lap swims) but steady.

Husband had a big health scare this spring but a silver lining: he is picking up his exercise and eating better.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and wish everyone the best.

Rye

Nice to see you here again! I was thinking about you just the other day and wondering how you were.

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Barbara sorry for your loss.
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Feeling low and sad. My difficult friend passed this morning at 05:30 EDT. Know he suffered both pain and embarrassment, he's been "terminal" (aren't we all) for at least the past 2 years, but even when expected, it's hard to take. Have been sad for a week, Scooter was doing so poorly after his dental that we scheduled an at home euthanasia. He's bounced back, mostly, so we'll put it off, but know the time is coming. Dang, this love stuff hurts! :cry:

So sorry to hear that. {{hug}}

Machka in Oz

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I also "talk" to my deceased relatives wherever I am. I don't feel the need to go to the cemetery to "visit" with them. Hubs and I will both be cremated and will scatter our ashes along with our beloved pets ashes. If we go together, our executor knows to fund a trip for my group of friends and they can scatter both of us and the dogs together while having a heck of a vacation on us. If one goes before the other, half the pups ashes will go with the first to be scattered.

Okie (not) in the TX Hill Country