WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Barbie - thank you for getting us charging into May! Great job on the steps for both you and Jake, so glad he's feeling good.

Katla - several years ago we had those little carpet beetles. I had a basket of felted wool balls - cat toys shoved in the corner of our living room. Dug into it one day and was horrified to see the little beetles had eaten channels through most the balls. I got out the vacuum and tossed everything....managed to save the basket - I cannot remember what I used to treat it, but I aired it out before bringing it back into the house. Yesterday, I accessed the Master Gardener "Pestsense" feature which NOW says chemical pesticides are not recommended, use natural means like vacuuming, etc. Poppycock, lol. You have large rugs. Glad you could order pyrethin (sp) - it's fairly safe as compared to most.

Heather
    - I too wonder if your DH wore the nail varnish to the restaurant? LOL. He is such a good sport to act as a patient when they play doctor and as a model.

Rori - So glad to hear you will be able to be mobile with the boot. You are made out of tough stuff! B) Thank goodness for automatic transmissions, eh?

Welcome to all new ladies - I am thoroughly enjoying reading everyone's "story". Here's mine:

I was born and raised on a farm in Indiana. Graduated from IU. Married a Marine, we lived in VA for a while then moved to the Seattle area where I worked in the seafood business - administrative - then moved on to a job with a seafood accountant. In the mid-90's we moved to a farm close to Olympia, WA and raised sheep and I got an administrative job at the 911 Center which I eventually managed for 4 years. Retired from that for a few years, then got a part time job with the county road department, mainly for the insurance to and fund my state pension. Retired at 65 - I am now 67. Our kids are our dogs, lol. Been married 42 years. My husband has RA - diagnosed in the mid 90's. Has dealt with it pretty well until the past couple years and I've also starting having some health issues. But overall, life is wonderful and I find many things to be grateful for every day. And what I'm not grateful for, I visualize kicking in the tushie, lol.

Or PIP kicking it in the tushie! :D with her famous boot!!

Have a good day ladies!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State

U KNOW IT
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: We have ordered pyrethrin spray as recommended by our County Extension agent and it is on its way. I can hardly wait for it to get here. Meanwhile, I'm vacuuming up little black bugs in the windows. :grumble:
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lanette: We have ordered pyrethrin spray as recommended by our County Extension agent and it is on its way. I can hardly wait for it to get here. Meanwhile, I'm vacuuming up little black bugs in the windows. :grumble:

Katla
    , I also found one of those wool balls under my hutch and sure enough those rotten little bugs found it too. Makes a person wonder where they come from? After getting rid of them several years ago, I haven't seen any since. So I'm crossing fingers once you give them what-for they'll be gone for good. B)

Lanette

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Kim - I just love the feather patches, they are beautiful. I'm happy for you that you get to have company and an assist with the costs for the trip.

Bananasandoranges - I am truthfully just looking for a job, I have worked in the same industry doing admin work for over 25 years and I have learned what I don't want but not what I do want. I have been in talks now to two financial type positions and I think it is something I would rather enjoy. I like numbers and I like people. If I had my life to live over I would go back to school and become a counselor or therapist of some kind specializing in teens and young adults. I love working with the younger generations and feel that there are too many of them in our world that just needs someone to listen without judgement. Someone that will guide them but not discard their thoughts and ideas, I have learned a lot from younger people and feel they have a lot to contribute to society when we listen.

Kay - you have the prettiest smile. I am in the need to "kick it up a notch" stage right now too.

Machka- What a beautiful walk you had.

I have truly enjoyed reading everyone's "Who am I" posts. I love hearing people's stories.

I am waiting for the lady to call me to chat about what I have learned in my reading and studying and make her decision about whether I am ready to meet the boss yet or not. I haven't done much else this morning except catch up on Social Media posts and groups. It is time I got off my butt and start moving. I have nothing really to do today except put laundry away. I cleaned out some clothes yesterday that were too big for me and have bagged them up to send off to the local thrift store. I am going to need to do some serious shopping once I get back to work. Since I still want to lose another 50lbs I will be frugal about it though.

Have a great day everyone,
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Kim -- Those patches are lovely. You do such nice work.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    O
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Heather-Your DH is such a good grandpa. He is like my DH with the grandchildren. We are Blessed.

Rori--You inspire me.

Who am I? My name is Vicki and I live in the middle of Nebraska.I just turned 62 in March. I have been married to my DH for 34 years and between us we have 7 children, 23 grand children, 5 great grandsons. Our oldest son passed away 20 years ago next month, he was 24, heleft us 2 beautiful granddaughters. I work at a hospital for the last 32 years and supervisor of my dept of 12. My DH and I ride motorcycles and belong to Christiasen Motorcycle Assc. I have been over weight my whole life and had lap band surgery in 2012. I have lost around 100 pounds and would like to lose 70 more. My highest weight was 402 and I was 370 when I had the surgery. This group is great and I love each of you and depend of you to keep me going. Thanks.

Kathy--Thanks for sharing and your fur babies are cute.

Kim--The feathers are beautiful. I am glad that you are feeling better about going to the wedding and have someone to share the cost with.

Been an interesting day at work and I am ready to go home and hide out a couple hours and destress , but need to run to Wal-mart and pick up a couple things. Turning out to be a beautiful day weather wise. I am hoping for at least 70 something Saturday as we are to go on our yearly fund raising ride with our CMA motorcycle group.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi all, so many things I want to say, but will probably forget!

Kim - gorgeous patches and a fabulous photo. It would make a great picture for your walls.

KJ - and others - the nail varnish was washable. I was a bit horrified when I saw Edie putting it on him, but she assured me it was washable and had come off the front of a kid's magazine. She is 5 going on 35. She even changed Bea's place mat at dinner time to an orange one, because "'we don't want to have her shrieking at us, she only likes orange ones." She knows where everything is, like the cheese grater I couldn't find. :o
    Here she is dressing up yesterday after they had finished DH.
    sppeh7o9ljyb.jpg

Felicia - you certainly have a lot of stressors. <3 My elder son has had a lot of anxiety in the past. I must admit I was so glad he did not live nearby. :o:* There is a lot of mental illness around in our families too. Including me in the past.

Rori - Go Rori! :D:D:D<3

Spent most of the morning wondering whether to go to the doctor, then I went to the doctor, went home, got a call to come back, then he said, come back tomorrow if you aren't any better. I do feel a bit better. :laugh: Started taking the D -Mannose.
    Decided to rack up a bit of calorie burn and managed an extra 300 by going to vote in the local elections, going up and down the street four times to the doctor, walking on the spot in front of the tv, and an hour of recumbent biking.

Great joy is my cleaners came (after twice rearranging the time again :# ) and they did their usual AMAZING job! :D Two Brazilian women going hell for leather for an hour. Wow! We are gleaming! They only come once a fortnight because "your house is so clean" !!!!!

About me? Well, I am writing the second volume of my memoir! There is sooooooooooooo much to say! Don’t know how to summarise it. I've led a rackety :o and unconventional life.
    I am now married to my wonderful DH, who is step granddad to 3 amazing grandkids. On Monday it will be 16 years since the day we met. We always celebrate that. We are going out to a Latin American concert in the Spiegeltent for the Brighton Fringe Festival. Afterwards we are going to Terre a Terre for a fabulous vegetarian meal. We are omnivores, but this place is something else! Today I bought him a new limited edition Caran d' Ache ballpoint pen I saw in a fancy interiors magazine. Found the pen on Amazon. It's marine blue with a turquoise clip. <3
    My ulterior motive is that he leaves pens and pencils out on the side table next to his sofa. I like them to match the decor. Last Christmas I bought him a swanky silver pencil sharpener. Now it's just the rubber and the pencil that drive me nuts! (Yes, I know I'm OCD) :sad:

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Shannon – what kind of surgery are you having? Hope everything goes well. Those cats eating look like our cats when they’re eating

hi Michelle - it's a hysteroscopy with D&C. they keep telling me it's pretty routine, but I haven't had surgery with general anasthetic since I was in my early 20s. And I'm quite anxious in regards to all medical stuff! However, maybe it'll be better than many of the procedures I've had in the last year since I'll be totally knocked out! :)

Shannon in rural Ontario Canada
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    And the controversial new walk/cycle bridge. It actually looks better from this angle than any other.

Machka it looks neat - what is controversial about it??

Shannon in rural Ontario Canada