💖
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    🍁
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    81824br5uyrfrsr.gif Thursday and Friday are the days I go to line dance class.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone new and those returning!

Katla – have you ever used pyrethrin? It’s really good stuff.

Julia – congrats on meeting your great goal

Felicia – “ABOUT” 14 years. You mean you don’t know 

Carol – good for you doing better than 90% of the people. I bet all your exercising has a lot to do with that.

Made lemon ricotta cookies to take to Denise Tues, then the margarita cake (I’ll probably ice it Sat. or Sun), got the meat ready for the sliders and the enchiladas I’d never made enchiladas before. Jess came back, she said she never did go to TN. But first went in the pool! First time this year, and it was sooooo good. The water was 80 degrees.

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Kate UK, NYKaren, Lisa in AR, bananas, Kelly, Carol, Barbara, Barbie, Tracey, Felicia, Vicki, Heather– thanks for the feather complements

NYKaren – NO roaring on a motorcycle, as a kid I saw someone killed in front of me on one… not getting on one; period.

AK dogpile – I have always dreamed of owning a B&B…. maybe an Airbnb in retirement.

Tracey – when you need to shop go to some of the thrift stores you are bring your items to. I have been buying almost exclusively from thrift stores for about 10 years… LOVE it.

I am enjoying everyones “who am I” stories, thanks Machka for suggesting it. I always enjoy reading them.

Kim from N. California
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    morning checkin

✔️ 1. weighed 59.5 (slight down fluctuation, 131 lbs)
    ✔️2. tracked all yesterday
    ✔️ 3. 30 min exercise yesterday
    ✔️4. five minutes meditation yesterday
    x 5.Spent at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    x 6.produce at least 2 pages per day yesterday
    ✔️ 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill
    ✔️ 8. At least 15 min/day filing/cleaning. 1+ hour.
    ✔️ 9.average 1100 calories net.

• Overall Feeling: somewhat mixed, apprehensive about 1 thing, and hesitantly optimistic about another
    • Tracking : I think I got all
    • Exercise: including cleaning- I don't usual count it but had my cellphone in pocket as I was pottering for an hour, plus a little walk to do errands
    • 1100 calories net : most calories used by by 1pm, for dinner had salad, and a big dish of chard and then some veggie broth, with low cal condiments, (balsamic vinegar, Tamara and spices) and still had a bit left for something slightly more consistant
    • Long term writing: non yesterday
    • Short term writing/admin :big chunk
    • Bright Spots today :waking up fresh, not groggy, nice weather, not too many things to do other than writing, home looks pretty clean to start day

Today im grateful for
    1. correctors
    2. weather mild
    3. home fairly clean
    4. down fluctuation in weight
    5. I think I like my haircut from last week
    6. rather good night's sleep
    7. waking up at 7 am refreshed.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Michele I was thinking you could stick some baby's breath in the ground around pigpen to be his cloud of dust, but you might have to get it dusty first, the blossoms would be too white. Oh well. 80 degrees sounds just right to me!

Barbie we lived in Ukiah from 1959 til I went to Cal in 1968.

Welcome Barb are you in Alaska? As you can see there are now 3 of us, Barbie who starts the thread each month, you and me, Barbara the Ageing Hippie Mother-of-Dogs ;)

Welcome Hap2go, let us know what you'd like us to call you and your general locale. Are you doing foot/ankle stretches to counter the plantars fasciitis? It can be so debilitating!

Felicia, Margaret, Heather and Carol ((hugs)).

Heather how about a pic of that pen? It sounds beautiful!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 2/31, 60 g protein 2/31, rx/vits 2/31, meditate 1/31, knee exercises 1/31, SWSY 0/9, play with Tumble 2/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 2/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for May "pause" Thank you Barbie!
    05/02: vacuum and run stove self cleaner-Y MT: find and mail card for ray-Y ST: chat with Mike, prep gift for Gunner-Y
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,101 Member
    Options
    I am late to the party (again!) and will endeavour towork my way through the pages so far. Int the meantime:

Barbie: Thank you for keeping us going.

Word for 2019 is CHOICE with a different word chosen for each month.
    April Update:
    My word for April was CONSOLIDATE
    In April I was taking stock of how much I have achieved so far. At almost 73, I feel that my emphasis should be on health and fitness. I upped my calories slightly, and am concentrating on reducing my empty calories.
    However, physically, I need to accept that I should make more sensible choices about how I exercise, and pace myself so that I do not aggravate existing problems, or create new ones.

April Goals
    • Log food/stay under goal ✅
    • 9000 steps a day ✅ Achieved this right up until I put my knee out on 28th. Woke up on Tuesday and it had totally seized I could barely stand up let alone walk. It has gradually loosened up again and I am back,on my feet. I will have to baby it a bit until it's back to 'normal'.
    • 60+ minutes intentional exercise daily ✅ see note above re knee. I tried to keep mobile as best I could.
    • Weigh less at the end than at the beginning ✅ I am counting that as a win. I had lost 3lbs until my knee went. It swelled up quite a bit and the fluid added a couple of lbs but, thankfully, they are now gone

My word for April is GRATITUDE
    I am grateful that my knee problem turned out to be temporary.
    I am grateful that I have the inner reserves to work through problems.
    I am greatful that I have a supportive network to encourage my efforts

April Goals
    • Be grateful for whatever comes along.
    • Log food daily/stay under goal
    • 9000 steps a day: gradually work back up to this goal.
    • 30+ minutes intentional exercise daily
    • Weigh less at the end than at the beginning

☘️ Irish Terri

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Barbara - I've taken a screenshot from Amazon for you. :D

7ch7dheus0d0.png

It goes perfectly with our decor. :laugh: They have many other colour combos. Nice for a special present. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    who am I

Julie, 55, not married, no children living in France very long term, teacher in higher ed (like adjunct and status pay but with relative job security - "permanent" contracts in 3 places = full time+ for very low pay ), working on Phd.
    I alternate between feeling quite optimistic and sometimes energetic too very stressed and a bit blocked and wanting to sort of freeze. I like going for walks in a pretty city on not too car-filled streets or in nature.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lisa said, "Carol - SO pleased that you're doing well with the knee replacement. When docs/nurses tell me stuff like that, it makes me wonder what the other 90 percent do. Hope your DH is successful finding assisted living for his brother."

Lisa ~ I was wondering the same thing! LOL But, I'll take what I can get. :)