What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options

I always see these on sale for pennies after christmas but never got them because I assumed they would be dry and not very good. But since you like them so much, I may get one to try this year. Are they soft and moist?

For what it’s worth (I’ve never had one because raisins are the most vile food on this earth) my family has always done various things to panettone because, yes, it is naturally a little dry. My uncle dunks his in coffee or cocoa. My mom will toast hers in the oven and put some butter on it. I want to make one myself one year that doesn’t have raisins as an experiment.
    I bet it would make some killer French toast!

I got one as a gift one year, and it was really good with some ice cream -- I'd let the ice cream get soft and eat them together.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I don’t have a lot of food obsessions except for fruit. I have been eating blueberries every day, cuties, pineapple, pomegranate. I do love the Impossible burger too.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    warm blueberries and greek yogurt :)
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Lately, it's been foods (ie, curry) with coconut milk. I can't get enough!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    ahimes39 wrote: »

Anything coocnut for me :)
  • pancakerunner
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ahimes39 wrote: »

kmfgb4qqmg5g.png
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Winter squash, which is not normally my favorite, so odd.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I haven't been obsessed with a single food lately (am I broken?) but I have been loving grabbing lattes and a pastry from this local coffee place that just opened up. It's been my treat lately. They have awesome olive oil muffins, chocolate chip scones, and cinnamon lattes that are so good that I don't even need to add Equal to it. I'm glad I don't live super close or I'd be there every day!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I don't live super close or I'd be there every day!

I FEEL this. I live a leisurely 10-minute stroll from a coffee shop and it is a FIGHT to only go there once a week lol
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options
    @PAPYRUS3 Raisin haters UNITE! They literally make me shudder and gag. Nothing was more depressing than coming home from school as a teenager, seeing my mom made oatmeal cookies, and then her going “Oh of course they have raisins” :'(
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Coffee with—.
    Chocolate milk
    Frothed milk and a tiny bit of instant pudding mix
    Frothed milk and crushed peppermint sticks sprinkled over
    Pumpkin spice
  • Bookkeeper1024
    Bookkeeper1024 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Greek plain nonfat yogurt with 2 packets of no calorie sweetener and 1 tsp of vanilla extract mixed in it. I add 2 tbsp. of pfitb peanut butter powder and mix it up and eat it.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Back again on the "Just Egg"
    aaofwtanbcga.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Greek plain nonfat yogurt with 2 packets of no calorie sweetener and 1 tsp of vanilla extract mixed in it. I add 2 tbsp. of pfitb peanut butter powder and mix it up and eat it.

tghis is what I do too
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options
    x0ec6c3si1f9.jpeg

Gosh almighty I love this stuff. If you’re smart with how you prepare it you can enjoy the whole box for around 600 calories which, while a lot, is doable for me sometimes and absolutely worth it!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    x0ec6c3si1f9.jpeg

Gosh almighty I love this stuff. If you’re smart with how you prepare it you can enjoy the whole box for around 600 calories which, while a lot, is doable for me sometimes and absolutely worth it!

I love the shells and cheddar!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    x0ec6c3si1f9.jpeg

I’ve been eating and liking the spaghetti just because I don’t want to eat the whole box! . Regular spaghetti means I’ll eat too much and be hungry again in an hour. But with this stuff I’m full for hours. Lol.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    unsweeyened coconut flakes
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Hot banana peppers🌶
  • misslizzierod
    misslizzierod Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Can be a new product you're loving or a simple ingredient you can't live without.

Me? Coconut manna. Love it! Also into homemade cucumber feta dip with fresh vegetables ...

Nice! What is coconut manna? Is it the same as coconut butter and how do you like to eat it? Sounds yummy and would like to try it out :)