Lose 5lbs + in June 2019

Options

Replies

• stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 195.2 lbs (as of 12/21/18)
    June starting weight - 172.6 lbs
    June goal - 167.6 lbs
    Ultimate goal - 145.0 lbs

3rd- 170.4 lbs
    10th-
    17th-
    24th-
    28th-
    Total loss for June:
  • katederiso9882
    katederiso9882 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kate. 48 y/o female

Original Starting Weight: 170#
    June Starting Weight: 163.2#
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Original starting weight - 181 lbs
    June starting weight - 157.2 lbs
    June goal - 147 lbs
    Ultimate goal - 130 lbs

1st - 157.2 lbs
    3rd - 158.6 lbs
    5th -
    15th -
    22nd -
    29th -

Total loss for June -
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,188 Member
    Options
    Heaviest weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Original MFP starting weight (January 2018) - 168.2
    May 26 starting weight - 145.2 (ten-day rolling average weight 144.8)
    June goal - 143
    Ultimate goal - Range between 142 - 148

I report scale weight and (ten day average weight).

May 26 - 145.2 (144.8)
    June 3 - 147.6 (145.8)
    June 14 -
    June 21 -
    June 28 -
    June 30 -

Total loss for June: By scale weight AND by ten-day average, I have GAINED AGAIN this week (1.5 pounds by scale and exactly one by ten-day average). Uh oh. Add this to the three pounds I gained in May, and I'm heading to the ceiling of my maintenance range. Before mid-may, I had been maintaining within about a half pound of my goal since mid March.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    June goal - 143

May 26 - 145.2 (144.8)
    June 3 - 147.6 (145.8)
    June 14 -
    June 21 -
    June 28 -
    June 30 -

Total loss for June: By scale weight AND by ten-day average, I have GAINED AGAIN this week (1.5 pounds by scale and exactly one by ten-day average). Uh oh. Add this to the three pounds I gained in May, and I'm heading to the ceiling of my maintenance range. Before mid-may, I had been maintaining within about a half pound of my goal since mid March.

I think it’s amazing that you are in maintenance and holding it there even if it’s not always easy. How do you compare staying at maintenance with the weight loss phase?
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,188 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    June goal - 143

May 26 - 145.2 (144.8)
    June 3 - 147.6 (145.8)
    June 14 -
    June 21 -
    June 28 -
    June 30 -

I think it’s amazing that you are in maintenance and holding it there even if it’s not always easy. How do you compare staying at maintenance with the weight loss phase?

Don't be that amazed -- I have been struggling to maintain for at least two weeks going on three.

Maintaining is way easier, just as hard, and way harder than losing. It's way easier because when you get to your goal, you obviously figured out how to balance energy in and energy out. If you were losing at a reasonable 0.5 pounds per week for your last five pounds, you get to add 250 calories when you get to your goal. It's easy to add 250 calories. In fact, it's too easy, so that's why it's just as hard. It's way harder because you still must be vigilant, and it's a life-long commitment. You also don't get the reward of watching the scale move down. You have to change your response to the scale and get excited when it doesn't move at all. I got down below my goal, and I was actually worried for a while I'd keep losing. Ha. That's funny now. I'm back at the top of my maintenance range, and it would be SO easy to blast through the ceiling. I know I could lose again, but that's not healthy.

I'm slowly also working on my body composition. I'd like to have less fat mass and more lean mass. So that's a new goal that's even slower. For sure I lost some lean mass when I was in weight loss mode. I tried to minimize/mitigate it with strength work, but I am not consistent. So when I gain again, it is fat that I gain. This is another reason it's difficult, and it's a real reason it's so important to maintain.

YOU will get here! You WILL maintain when you get here. And then after a few months, let us know how it goes. I'll check back in again as the months go by, and I hope I get to a place where it's easier again. I had given myself permission to go off the path for a while, so it's no surprise my weight is up. It happens. I need to start enjoying the "emptier" feeling again. Honestly, all I need to do is be more mindful in the evenings because I sometimes sabotage my efforts when I grab healthy snacks but eat unhealthy amounts of 'em. Nothing wrong with Akmak crackers, but take it easy man. (that was a note to myself, not you).
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Thanks Samantha - I'm in. Just going to pretend May never happened though and start fresh.

Original starting weight 141 lbs
    June starting weight 137.6
    June goal 133
    Ultimate Goal 125

3rd 137.6
    10th
    17th
    24th
    30th

Total loss for June

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    •Lose 5 lbs in June 2019•

May 2019 - Gain/ Loss of 1 lb

Original starting wgt: 253
    June starting weight: 176
    June goal: 170
    🌻Updating every day through June.

•Monday Updates•📌

June 1 - 176
    6/2 - no weigh in

📌6/3 - 176.2

6/4
    6/5
    6/6
    6/7
    6/8
    6/9
    📌6/10

• mari_moulin
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I will try to do a daily weigh-in for June in this thread. Saturday’s are still my official weigh in days. Let’s see how this goes.

Starting weight - 338.8 Lbs
    Current weight - 172.4 Lbs
    June goal - 167.4 Lbs

Ultimate goal - 150 Lbs

June 01 - 170.8
    02 - 173.1 - high sodium foods yesterday.
    03 - 173.1 - I suspect PMS bloating. T-2
    04 - 173.1 - not budging. The bloat is real! T-1.
    05 -
    06 -
    07 -
    June 08 -
    09 -
    10 -
    11 -
    12 -
    13 -
    14 -
    June 15 -
    16 -
    17 -
    18 -
    19 -
    20 -
    21 -
    June 22 -
    23 -
    24 -
    25 -
    26 -
    27 -
    28 -
    June 29 -
    30 -

Total loss for June - 1.6 Lbs (Saturday’s)

103775544.png
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    SW: 298.50 Oct 2019
    Overall Goal: 165
    Current Weight: 178.50 (end of May Weigh in)
    June Goal: 174.00

End May weigh out 178.50
    June 07
    June 14:
    June 20:
    June 28:
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    June goal - 143

May 26 - 145.2 (144.8)
    June 3 - 147.6 (145.8)
    June 14 -
    June 21 -
    June 28 -
    June 30 -

Don't be that amazed -- I have been struggling to maintain for at least two weeks going on three.

Maintaining is way easier, just as hard, and way harder than losing. It's way easier because when you get to your goal, you obviously figured out how to balance energy in and energy out. If you were losing at a reasonable 0.5 pounds per week for your last five pounds, you get to add 250 calories when you get to your goal. It's easy to add 250 calories. In fact, it's too easy, so that's why it's just as hard. It's way harder because you still must be vigilant, and it's a life-long commitment. You also don't get the reward of watching the scale move down. You have to change your response to the scale and get excited when it doesn't move at all. I got down below my goal, and I was actually worried for a while I'd keep losing. Ha. That's funny now. I'm back at the top of my maintenance range, and it would be SO easy to blast through the ceiling. I know I could lose again, but that's not healthy.

I'm slowly also working on my body composition. I'd like to have less fat mass and more lean mass. So that's a new goal that's even slower. For sure I lost some lean mass when I was in weight loss mode. I tried to minimize/mitigate it with strength work, but I am not consistent. So when I gain again, it is fat that I gain. This is another reason it's difficult, and it's a real reason it's so important to maintain.

YOU will get here! You WILL maintain when you get here. And then after a few months, let us know how it goes. I'll check back in again as the months go by, and I hope I get to a place where it's easier again. I had given myself permission to go off the path for a while, so it's no surprise my weight is up. It happens. I need to start enjoying the "emptier" feeling again. Honestly, all I need to do is be more mindful in the evenings because I sometimes sabotage my efforts when I grab healthy snacks but eat unhealthy amounts of 'em. Nothing wrong with Akmak crackers, but take it easy man. (that was a note to myself, not you).

Thank you so much for replying in such detail. I have been overweight/obese most of my life. I was a very over weight child and obese teen and adult. My entire life has been diets and weight loss and it’s something I think and breath daily. I worry about finally reaching maintenance as I won’t know how well I will transition from years and years of weight loss mentality Into just maintaining my weight. I also worry about the scale no longer moving as that has been my goal since I can remember. I have given thought I to new goals once I’ve reached maintenance like lean mass vs fat mass. I’ve considered doing a bit of body building as well which is a whole other level and also getting certified in being a physical trainer. All possible goals for once I’ve reached goal weight. I’m still looking into other possible post goal weight goals lol.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    58 years old, 5'3"
    Oct 27.18 joined MFP Start weight 191
    June goal 158.3

May loss - 1.8 - Really wanted to get into the 150s. Not yet.
    April loss - 7.7 - Maybe all of that calorie burn from February and March finally showed up.
    March total: loss 1.7 lbs - This is all that I lost with a deficit of 18,713 calories
    February total calories burned (not the deficit) - 20,350 - loss 1.4 lbs

June 01 - 163.3
    June 02 - 163.0
    June 04 - 163.2

June Running loss/gain - loss 0.1
  • violasarah
    violasarah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Will be joining to keep myself motivated :smiley:

Original starting weight - 143 lbs
    June starting weight - 128 lbs
    June goal - 123 lbs