Fit For Future Families

Options

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep, just planning ahead.

I am having every symptom that I normally have before AF arrives, so I have very little hope of a BFP. I figure I will get a liitle studing done on OPK before I have to go to the store and get one.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Boy, I thought the Navy was good for acronyms. It's a real challenge to decipher some of these post. In most cases google knows everything, :laugh: as we say at work.

I haven't been able to TTC because my husband and I are continents apart. Next month I get to visit for 2 weeks, and of course that is when AF is supposed to come. So as he says, we'll just practice. But November is when I actually return to the states and we will be together. While I was overseas, I was still taking BCP just to lighten and shorten my TOM. Hopefully, it won't take too long for everything is G2G and back on track.
    I have 3 years shore duty then I risk going back to sea, since this would be my first, I'm anxious to have as much time as I can before I have to leave.
    The doc told me to increase my folic acid intake and that I can start taking prenatal vitamins too. Any other good tips?
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    teetee1281: On that same acronym note wat does AF stand for? That is one i've been trying to decipher. ThankS!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    As for ovulation predictors, I too, like fitterpam have PCOS so they do not help at all. I tried them once but my readings were never correct. It is also very difficult to chart my cycles with CM due to hormones I think I can have fertile CM several times per cycle but it doesnt really matter because I don't ovulate.

Isn't it frustrating trying to do anything proactively. We temped and did CM monitoring for 3 years before I gave up......GRRRRRR

I went to the this morning for my provera prescription, but of course they test first. And right as I was writing this they called....I would have probably fainted if it had been a BFP....little chance of that.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    teetee1281: On that same acronym note wat does AF stand for? That is one i've been trying to decipher. ThankS!

AF = Aunt Flo......LOL polite way of saying your period :flowerforyou:
  • FrogFrenzy
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

Glad to be here. Thought I was the only one. I have been married for 5 years and been having unprotected sex for the pat 7 years with no baby to report. Haven't really been tracking or monitoring anything, just thought it would happen. My husband has a 13 year old son from a previous relationship but I have no children of my own. I am 30 and I have never wanted anything so badly in my life. So here is to start planning and tracking and hopefully I can be a mom, my husband a dad and my mom a grandma.

Looking forward to making new friends and motivation.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    teetee- I was on bcp for 7 years then I got married and lost my moms insurance so lost my bcp which wasnt a big deal we both wanted a baby, just figured we had some time to figure out weither or not to get back on bcp or not and BAM a month later I was pregnant. Now not everyone gets that lucky i guess but dont worry too much about being on the pill before ttc.

Of course because of that and the fact that we got pregnant so easily (not evne remembing having sex when he was concieved) DH thinks this time will be just as simple. BUT im more realisticc and read so many posts about ppl having trouble concieving even after having other children easily. He's alittle too supportive with things and I end up the one stressing over what to do. So since I have an IUD still I wonder if I should wait till april when we want to ttc or get it out now
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options

I am having every symptom that I normally have before AF arrives, so I have very little hope of a BFP. I figure I will get a liitle studing done on OPK before I have to go to the store and get one.

oh ok, just wanted to make sure!
    I'd definitely like to use the OPK too, but I haven't decided if I want to wait a few months without anything and then see...you've been trying a few times now right? What do you suggest?

My doc also said that I should start prenatals with folic acid around a month before we start TTC, but she also said that I don't have to stop BCP until right before we start TTC. Has anyone been on BCP for a few years and had trouble the first couple of months? I've been on BCP now for about 2 years, Loestrin.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

oh ok, just wanted to make sure!
    I'd definitely like to use the OPK too, but I haven't decided if I want to wait a few months without anything and then see...you've been trying a few times now right? What do you suggest?

My doc also said that I should start prenatals with folic acid around a month before we start TTC, but she also said that I don't have to stop BCP until right before we start TTC. Has anyone been on BCP for a few years and had trouble the first couple of months? I've been on BCP now for about 2 years, Loestrin.

I'm been on BCP for 4 years. I'm not going to stop taking it until December when we officially start TTC, but I'm worried that since I've been on it so long that it will take a while for me to get pregnant.
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    Hi ladies - wow - you are a wealth of knowledge. :smile:

CudyBug - I got our question answered. I had to go to the doctor today and she said that the IUD can weaken the uterus slightly so it's usually good to start trying at least a month after it's out.

I also got some rough news today. She did pre-pregnancy blood work to rule out stuff and found a gene that makes blood clotting more prevalent. This wasn't really a surprise, just bad news. She said when I get pregnant, I will have to be on lovenox for the entire pregnancy, plus 6-8 weeks afterward. This is proven safe for the baby (per the doctor). I know a couple women who have had to do this. I am just really nervous about it and wonder if any of you know anybody who has done this or have done it yourself?
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    Jalara - Have a great weekend! I hope you enjoy everything. I am sure all of your hardwork will pay off and your wedding will be just lovely. Make sure you take time for yourself and soak everything in as it will be over before you know it.

To all the other ladies! I hope you all have a great weekend and good luck with your goals over the weekend. Stay strong!
  • ron2282
    Options
    jarla, I hope you have a wonderful wedding day and a great honeymoon!! I can't wait to see pictures. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    UGH weigh in day for me....
    LW: 148.4
    CW: 149.0 Gained .6 lbs
    MG: 145 by August 22 ~ Guess I'm not making this goal!

Ugh I have been teetering around 150 for almost 2 months now! When will this plateau be over!? :mad: I have really tried to stay around my suggested cals, but it is SO hard. It seems like 1270 is not enough. Although the progress is very slow, I guess I am happy to be in the 140s. :indifferent: I was really hoping to see the 145 goal for Our 1 year Anniversary, but oh well.

A little life update/vent...
    Everything seems to be going SO slow lately.
    1. We just signed on our 2nd house last week and hoped to be finishing with the complete bathroom makeover by the end of this week, but nope. We still have the walls down to the studs and the sub floor is only half replaced. Guess we will be continuing through next week...

2. I work at a rather large theatre in Detroit and we are in our slow-time before our "season" officially begins. So, I feel like I am sitting at my desk wasting away, doing nothing. Doing nothing at work really does a number on my motivation for the rest of the day. It was so bad last week that I left my desk and jogged the stairs for 5 minutes. I really can't wait for it to get busy.

3. I was on the Depo Shot for 4 years and stopped taking it in April and still haven't seen AF. I am getting very impatient waiting for my body to regulate and get rid of this stupid drug! :angry: I even did a body cleanse last month hoping that it would move things along, but no. The literature in the depo says that it can take AT LEAST 6 months to get out of your system, but possibly 14 months. And of course I look it up online and see nothing but horror stories of people who were on it and took 2-4 years to regulate... I don't think I have the patience for that! We want a baby, like now! Oy, waiting really stinks. And I have a dr appointment to discuss pre-preggo stuff, but couldn't get in till Sept. 15 Geeze more waiting...

Sorry for the rant.

Jalara~ Have fun! I will be thinking of you!
    My DH and I will be celebrating our 1 yr anniversary on Sunday!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    So I’m about to go into a work presentation and see that they are bringing in Timbits! How’s a girl to watch her weight at a job like this! So I’m drinking tons of water in hopes of filling my tummy so much that I couldn’t possibly have one.

Paldal- My doc actually gave me different advice, she suggested that I go off the BCP 3 months before TTC, she said it takes approx that amount of time for your body to regulate. It did too, I didn’t have AF until 62 days later, the next was 57, and finally I started to regulate at a 32ish day cycle. So please don’t be discouraged if it takes a while & btw I was on Loestrin for 2 ½ years too.

Jalara – Enjoy your day tomorrow! I wish you and your husband to be a wonderful first day to an even better marriage!

Kcurtis – Don’t stress about the plateau too much, you’ll probably start loosing again after your house is no longer a construction zone and you get a chance to be back in a routine. I’m going through the same thing, I’m moving at the end of the month and am therefore not always eating as I should because I don’t have the time (packing, etc…) to pre-plan meals and snacks, and workout as much. Think positively! You’ve managed to maintain your weight during all chaos!

Arghhh… off to the presentation, wish me luck and will power!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I hope that Jalara is having a fantastic day today :)

As for me, started my Provera yesterday - so I should see AF in a few days and have more blood drawn next week at the fertility clinic. Had allergy tests done yesterday and was itchy most of the night, but I got through it. No longer allergic to legumes or shellfish, but it has me a little apprehensive since I have tried them before and don't like them. I don't want my kids to be picky eaters though, so I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and start trying. Anyone have any good suggestions for something with beans or shrimp (I figure they're the best way to get started).

This week I noticed my sodium intake was not good - couldn't seem to get it under control. It could be because I've been trying to keep the sugars low but get enough calories. The balancing act between the three (calories, sugar, sodium) is exhausting and I always go over on sugar/sodium or both. I've been adding extra water, but it's still frustrating. Might ask my doctor on Monday for a referral to a dietician. See if I can get some kind of a diet plan created that meets the diabetic needs (even though I'm not...LOL) At the very least, I can bring my food diary with me (a first when I do this kind of thing). I also have a list of vitamins I've heard are good for regulating periods naturally and might ask her about those too, before I go and buy them.

Nothing much else happening. Just thought I'd reach out and see what else is going on....LOL, I'm not sure I've seen a period of 24 hours (almost) go by with no posts here.....
  • ron2282
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

My mom came back from Syria last night (she was gone for 2 months) - so this is a full mommy weekend for me. Thankfully her and DH get along really well, so he won't mind spending almost every second at her house the next few days. :laugh: However, last night I overdosed on the chocolate she brought back with her.....bad decision, but who knew Syrian chocolate it was soooooo good!!!! That combined with being sick and not allowed to exercise most of the week, I'm not looking forward to Monday's weigh-in. I got up this morning and went for a jog and if I have time when I'm done cleaning I'm going to let Jillian kick my butt before DH and I go to my mom's. I'm hoping that if I eat really well and workout today and tomorrow I'll at least break even Monday and not gain - here's hoping!!!!
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    Hi everybody. I hope you all had a nice weekend. I had a weekend away with the girls and did not do well. Everybody brought all sorts of good food up and between that and the drinks being all around, my willpower was non-existent. These past weekends have been awful! I know the Monday weigh-in was created for this, but I have been really bad weekends.

fitterpam - you'll have to let us know what your doc says about the herbal supplements that keep AF regular. That might be very useful to us on this thread. I haven't heard of that before.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I did absolutely nothing but eat all weekend, and it was not good for me food. Ugg. Don't want to see the scale tomorrow. I am really going to focus on only 1 thing this week...giving up soda. I am going at it cold turkey, but I think I can do it. Anyone interested in trying to focus on one goal all week?

Day 29 and no AF, but lots of cramping...so I am sure it is on its way :sad:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Specifically, the ones I'm going to ask about are Vitex and Chromium. Vitex, also called Chasteberry is supposedly very good. I have heard lots of good things from women buying a specific supplement from GNC in the US, but I've checked everywhere up here in Canada and can't find it. Think I'm going to try the naturopathic college here, see if they have anything.

Chromium, I just read the other day that doctors feel we don't get enough from our daily diets. Chromium GTF seems to be the best choice for women with PCOS who want to lose weight or lower their blood sugar. At the very least, this might help me have a healthy pregnancy, since after Dec, the TTC part of it is moot for me...We're going with a full sperm wash and ICSI treatment - the challenge will be carrying to term and weight's going to play a vital role.

Zinc too is critical for reproductive functions (I know this first hand for my husband) He started eating sunflower seeds all day as a snack at work and his counts jumped 600%. They say it does similar things for females, but I have to warn that it might improve regularity, but not quality....just a heads up. I'll let you know what my doctor says. So far, she's been big on the prenatals, which might increase my Chromium, but Vitex...definitely not.