Fit For Future Families

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
Hello everyone!

This group is being started to lend support and motivation to those who are TTC, or plan to TTC. This group blossomed from another group (Pregnancy - 2010).

Fit For Families is not for pregnant women, I would ask that you join our sister group for like-minded support and motivation (they're really great there!!).

This group is very goal-oriented (no matter what your goals are) and I hope will be a place for you to come share your story and track your progress.

Check in will be each Monday to keep us accountable over the weekend. Each week there will be a fitness or health goal, and the more suggestions the better!

I'm super excited for this!

Welcome one and all!

Replies

• jalara
    Options
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi jarala!

My husband and I have been TTC for 4 months. No luck yet, but I'm hoping to join that other group very soon!

Good luck to you on your fitness goals!

- Lindsey
  • jalara
    Options
    Thank you LIndsey! Same to you and welcome! I'm sure we'll all get to know each other soon!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Can I join you? I had a second-trimester miscarriage in June and we're going to start ttc again on my next cycle. My name is Jen, and I am a mother of three (6, 2, 1) and we want one more to make our family complete. :)
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi! My name is Michelle and I am interested in joining. Support and advice in any form is always needed. My husband and I are TTC but I also have PCOS which makes things even more difficult. I am trying to exercise more, watch what I take in liquid form, and eat healthy. All of this is in an effort to ease our TTC difficulty and of course lead a healthier lifestyle and be a good role model for our future children.

I look forward to meeting all of you! Thank you for starting this group, what a great idea!
  • jalara
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Thanks for joining us andintrodcing yourselves :)

Maybe I should introduce myself now!

I"m 29 year old woman in Nova Scotia who is getting married in a little less than 5 weeks! I've had 2 m/c and in March had surgery to correct my uterus (Bicornuate) and clear out some endmetriosis.

I've been on MPF since last August and haven't been doing all that well at sticking ot it, but that's going to change now!

We're going to TTC in November, and I want to be down 30 lbs AT LEAST by then - and I'm ready to start working hard to do it.

:flowerforyou: Jalara:flowerforyou:
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also hoping to start a family very soon. In the meantime, I am really hoping to loose as much weight as is reasonable. I did a great job this spring (loosing almost 25 lbs), but I fell off the wagon in May, and have gained 7 lbs back. I am really hoping to start loging my food again, and my goal is to work out at least 5/7 days....even if that means just getting out and going for a walk.

I cant wait to meet everyone, and to get to know you all.
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and just celebrated 2 years of marriage in June. We live in Indiana. I just finished a Transition to Teaching program in May, and just got my teaching license for Elementary Education. We were going to hold off on having kids until I taught for a couple years, but there are NO TEACHING JOBS right now... So, time to start making babies instead!!

I'm really excited to be a mother. I've had the "baby bug" for about a year and a half now. I hope it happens soon, but I know that doesn't always happen.

I just visited my best friend yesterday who had twin daughters last Tuesday. They are so beautiful.

I'm glad we're all here to support each other!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    OK I started to take my bladder control medicine. My mouth is so dry I can barely eat anything. I have to drink water to swallow a bite of food. Anyone else have this problem? I hope these symptoms go away soon.
  • jalara
    Options
    OK I started to take my bladder control medicine. My mouth is so dry I can barely eat anything. I have to drink water to swallow a bite of food. Anyone else have this problem? I hope these symptoms go away soon.

Hey diet45 - I'm not too sure about this, what are you taking it for? I can consult my medcal books when I get home though (I'm a nursing student). What's the name of the medicaion, and what's the dosage?
    I can tell you that dry mouth is a commo side effect for many medications, and the best way to combat it is to drink more, which while it may not seem like it's working, it is. After your body adapts it normally goes away (assuming you're on it for 6 weeks or more).
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I want to join too!!! I started my weight loss journey in Jan 00 and I've lost 65 lbs since then with about 35ish to go. I'm excited to be about .4 away from going into the "over weight' category rather then the "obese" one. I started eating healthy and exercising as an effort to be a good example for my daughter. I don't want her to have to figure out food issues and other things when she's my age. I weight about 240 when I got pregnant with her and the day I had her I weighted 275, I'm not doing that agin.

I have a daughter who turned 3 last month. It took us a year to get pregnant with her. We've been trying since she was 6 months old to get pregnant with our second child. After trying for 9 months we got pregnant and in October of 08 I had my first MC at 6 weeks. A year and a half later we were excited to get another positive pregnancy test to have that end on Easter with my second MC at 7 weeks. We are about to start trying again and we are both excited and scared but I am going to continue working on my weight loss/being healthy while we try. 3rd time's a charm, right??

Can't wait to hear everyones stories and see this group form.

Thank you!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    bump for later
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Joy. I, too have PCOS which makes TTC more difficult. I am trying to lose weight first of all to get healthy as I have a family history of many things that can be prevented if my weight is under control.....diabetes, heart problems, etc. I am also trying to lose weight b/c I have been told it will help with getting pregnant. My husband and I are planning to TTC in November as well. Glad to have a group of people for support.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hello! I too will begin TTC next month....I have lost 15lbs so far and would like to lose at least 10 more before TTC and if it doesn't happen for us next month we're going to hold off until Feb. to try again. Ideally I would like to be at 150lbs before TTC but I had a preconception visit w my OBGYN and she gave me the go ahead to TTC.

Hope to get to know all of you. :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting a new group! We are ttc as well... at 35, ttc again is winning out over weight loss before ttc. We had a hard time getting pg with my now 4 year old, due to insulin resistance. I have been taking metformin for that and am hoping it is easier this time... haven't been ttc for long enough to be concerned yet, though I have been wishing we could be for a few years now. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better!
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Love the new group. I'm Karen--I'm a wifey and mom to a very active 20 month old named Joshua. Have my masters degree in counseling, but am working part-time for my dad in his consulting business, because it just works better for me that way right now. Hubby has wanted another kid for a while, but I didn't feel ready. Now I feel ready and we are TTC #2. We got prego with J two weeks after stopping BC, and so I was expecting a very quick turnaround for number 2, but this is our third month of TTC...am hoping that third time is the charm...we'll see. I wasn't ready for how disappointed I would be when it didn't work out that way, but I've revamped my expectations to something a bit more realistic.

Thanks greatly to MFP, I am actually 5 lbs lighter than I was when I got prego the first time, and 10 lbs lighter than I was when I had my first prenatal visit for J (where I started weight tracking.) I am about 5 lbs into the healthy range (ROCK ON.) My goal is to keep on losing to get further into the healthy range until I find myself with a postive test, and then work to not undo all the work I've done so far. :-) Yay for TTC!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Ronya and my husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary last month. We want to start TTC at the end of this year. I want a healthy pregnancy, and before that can happen I need to lose 50 pounds (I made my goal 54 pounds just to get to an even number). So far I've lost 34 and am right on track, if not a little early, for hitting my goal by Christmas.
  • jalara
    Options
    I'm thrilled to see all the interest!

So why wait until next week to get moving? Let's get going!

Once you've introduced yourselves, can you please give you SW (starting weight), CW (current weight) and GW (goal weight). Remember to include MGs (mini-goals). I'll keep a record and post it for you each week!

SW/CW - 223.5
    MG - 220
    GW - 165

This week I will: get all my water in, and get to the gym at least twice! (I suck at making it there).
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    SW - 185.6
    MG - 184.9 (may seem silly, but it's when I'm not longer "obese" so I've been working on that one)
    GW - 150

This week I am going to track. I was great last week, but so far this week (my week starts Sat) I haven't done what I should be doing. So track track track!!!!
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump for later :wink: