Fit For Future Families

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Hello everyone, great to see such support for all of us TTC or planning on TTC! My name is Chandra, I live in Indiana with my fiance and six-year-old son. I suffered an ectopic pregnancy back in 2006, and have had 2 miscarriages since my fiance and I started TTC. We are still TTC, are working with my doctor to see if we can figure out why I've been miscarrying and how to prevent a future miscarriage. I would like to lose about 30-50 pounds while TTC, so that I can have the fittest, healthiest pregnancy possible for me. I've been on MFP for almost a month now, and although it may look as though I've made no progress, that's only because I don't have scales at home, so I don't currently weigh myself regularly. I go to the doctor on Monday so I'll have an updated figure then. Even my "starting weight" was a guess... lol. Anyway, when I got pregnant with my now six-year-old (who was born 6 weeks premature), I had been on a 'getting-fit' kick, lost a fair amount of weight, was feeling great about myself. I put back on all the weight I'd worked so hard to lose after giving birth and after the miscarriages. So, I'm hoping that by working hard, being determined and getting fit once again, I may be able to more easily conceive and give birth to a healthy full term baby!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Hello All! I hope it's not too late to join. I haven't had a chance to read through everyone's posts yet but hope to soon.

My name is Melissa and I joined MFP in February 2010. I have one son, Wes, and he will be thirteen months old tomorrow! I recently stopped taking birth control and we are ready to see what happens. The problem is I gained 44lbs with Wes and still have about 12lbs to go before I get to my pre-pregnancy weight (and really, another 15 until my goal weight).

I'm excited to chat with others and figure this whole "being healthy while pregnant" thing out.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Oh, just saw I needed to post some stats for myself!

SW: 180

CW: 167.4

GW: 140

My short term (and long term) goals are to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day and to eat fruits/veggies each day.
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Hello to all of you ladies! Thank you so much for starting this thread. It was just what I have been looking for. Our story is a little different than most. My husband and I decided he should get a vasectomy 2 years ago after we had three healthy kids and felt complete. As Christians, we trust the Lord to lead us and guide us and this January I started feeling a longing for more babies. I kept having dreams of me being pregnant, nursing babies, my older kids playing with their new sibling(s), etc. Well, when I talked to my husband to tell him about this longing, he wasn't on board to have more. I asked him to join me in praying about it for a few weeks to see if the Lord would change one of our hearts. Well God changed my husband's heart and we are now making plans to get a reversal this Fall!!! He is now equally as excited to add to our family as I am. He talks about what our family will be like, moments he is excited about, etc. So, I have always gotten pregnant VERY easy and we are praying that will be the case this time around as well. I do want to go into this all as healthy as possible though. So I am 159.5 right now and would like to get into the 140's at least, hopefully maybe the 130's though. I am not going to stall on trying though for those last 10 lbs if he has already had his surgery! I will be praying for all of you ladies, that you would get healthy, lose the weight, and GET PREGNANT!!! Can't wait to share this journey with all of you.

God Bless,

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    I forgot to post my stats in the traditional form so I will do it now. :wink:

SW: 163
    CW: 159.5
    GW: 135

Thanks,
    Jessica
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    So, my hubby and I are TTC starting again this month and I had a question about calories. So, right now I'm eating 1200 a day and trying to get back into the exercise thing. I'm concerned that if I'm eating 1200 calories when I get pregnant and continue to do so through the first 5 or 6 weeks of pregnancy until I find out I am pregnant, that it won't be enough. What do you all think? Am I being silly and shouldn't worry as long as I'm eating healthy meals and my tummy isn't growling, or should I up my calories during the 2WW?

I'm not sure if you have a regular cycle... but if you do you would typically be about 4 weeks pg when you find out you are pregnant. Of that 4 weeks... 2 you aren't even pregnant, it is just because pregnancy weeks are counted from the date of your last period. The next two are before implantation for the most part (maybe a few days to a week in there after implantation, it depends)... and the placenta doesn't form and start nourishing the baby until implantation occurs. My plan is to call as soon as I get a bfp and ask my doctor's advice on calorie intake. I am not doing 1200 for now, but am aiming to lose 1 pound a week. You will be fine eating as you are until you know you are pg. :)

(And, yes, I unfortunately know WAY more than I should about the whole process of getting pregnant! I do have to second (third?) Taking Charge of Your Fertility as a great book though)

My cycle is 29-32 days so it's up in the air although I do the ovulation kits. With all 3 of the positive tests I've gotten none of them show up for a week or two after my period should have visited. I knew last time, but it's hard to believe it should be a BFP when you get a BFN and you've been trying for 2+ years (as I'm sure you know). Thank you for the insight, I feel better about it. After my last MC I started questioning everything I did that could have caused it (although I know very well that I did NOTHING, still our minds are crazy) and that was one of those things I questioned. Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 376 Member
    Hi All--Aunt Flo arrived this morning. Booooo. Oh well. I didn't get myself all worked up over it this month, so that's good. I did eat about half of a box of nilla wafers today though. Don't know if that is a coping mechanism, or Flo craving, or a bit of both. Calorie allottment is definitely going to be over today. I'll give myself a mulligan and get back on track tomorrow. Best of luck to the rest of you on this journey!
  • Hopeful4757
    Hopeful4757 Posts: 138
    What does BFP stand for?
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 376 Member
    What does BFP stand for?
    Big Fat Positive! (On the home pregnancy test (HPT)!) The holy grail of trying to conceive (TTC). ;-)
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,599 Member
    Hey everyone!

I am SO SORRY about the following posts - I was trying something that wouldn't work - sorry!
  • jalara
    Error
  • jalara
    Error
  • jalara
    Error
  • jalara
    Error
  • jalara
    Error
  • jalara
    Error
  • jalara
    Error
  • jalara
    Error
  • Hopeful4757
    Hopeful4757 Posts: 138
    Thank you, kah78. I have a hard time keeping all the jargon straight. :blushing:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    Booo on me :( I've been struggling with my week goal of healthy lifestyle by upping my water to 10 cups per day. Some days I've been lucky to get 5....Yuck.....Think I'm going to have to repeat this goal next week - but I'm starting tonight.

It's been crazy - all the more reason to load up on the H20 and de-stress. Body chemistry is just starting to work right. There's always next week though....right?
This discussion has been closed.