WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Hello hello from sunny New Hampshire.. so glad to be here.. dont want to leave the dog in the crate alone to go to the beach but it feels great just to be sitting on the screened porch..
    My brother called me on the way up and told me he has lady friend staying here with him.making it very awkward

They are at the lake now and are on there way back down .. so we shall see how it goes.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    @grandmallie Glad you are getting the break you need. And why feel embarrassed? It’s his lady friend, his problem. He doesn’t own the place. Surely it’s a joint property!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Yyy
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Terry ,it is his and his wife's... I gave up rights to it when I was still.married to Tom....but I have lifetime rights.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It’s my day away from the farm.I vacuumed,mopped and did laundry as usual.Im sun bathing in the back yard (privacy fence)and have kept the doggies sprayed down as it is HOTT out today.Its peaceful out here today .I wish y’all could be here,honestly 😊.
    Debby In Va
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Lll
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    July Goals
    evening check in

Health
    1. Write what I'm grateful for here daily ✔️
    2. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week✔️
    3.Track all ✔️
    4. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week
    5. Average 1100 calories net
    6. Lose 1-2 kilos
    7. Take measurements every 2 weeks (?)
    8. Go to free coaching session
    9. Try one class per week at gym (I had signed up-annual sign up- for the 7 euros a month extra for classes and havent gone since the "zen" stretching classes weren't great.) Try different classes.
    10. Use city bike 1x a week (I also signed up many months ago at about 3-4 euros per month, there was no bike free the first time I wanted to use it and I had completely forgotten about it, it's not in my habits).
    11. eat fresh leafy greens 4 days a week ✔️

Long term writing
    12. Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project average ✔️
    13. Produce at least 3 rough pages per day average 2 pages

Home
    14. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning nope

Paper
    15. Make a list of short term tasks, etc and prioritise them, and do them not yet
    16. Take care of at least 2 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week not yet
    17. Taxes not yet
    18. 1 h per week filing not yet

Art
    19. 1 hour on art project (other than sketching) per week not yet

Work
    20. do one work-related thing per week other than the above, to progress (I have to network and take initiative etc, in my job and I haven't been doing so much since focusing on thesis) not yet

Remaining from May to do in July : Make appointment with dentist 1, dentist 2 and acupuncturist
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Going to only be in the 90's today. Had some pretty heavy rain yesterday just when I got off work. Walking to my car I was soaked. But cooled things off and I am happy about that. Did I say I am a wimp in the heat. So glad I work where we have AC.

Allie--Sending hugs and prayers. I understand the toll stress at work can have on a person.

Meg--So glad to see you posting. Been wondering about you with all the rain and water damage in your part of the state and now this terrible heat.

KJ--love the colors and I agree it should be easy to keep track of everyone.

SueBDew--Happy belated birthday. Sounds like a good day.

Rebecca--Althena is beautiful, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Beth--WOW!! So much happening. Sending prayers and hugs.

Heather--I only see you as a caring loving person, who loves life and would never do or let anything happen to those you love.

Proud of myself I got all of June read and up to here for July. I am off tomorrow and then work Friday and off the weekend. We are talking of riding the motorcycles to Lincoln tomorrow which is about 100 miles each way. Enjoy the day and thank you for all you do.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    how is Keto working for those of you who use that? it seems so low in carbs. if decreasing carbs one increases % of fat? (that's what seems to be recommended) does that work out ok without excess?

Increasing over 25 g of carbs can kick you out of ketosis. That is the fat burning mode that your body is in at that level. Some people can increase and still stay in ketosis. But very unlikely for those that just started. You can get keto sticks that you urinate on to tell you if you are in ketosis or not. I lost all of my fat doing the keto diet. I am now in maintenance. I love eating the keto diet food but, now I am more calories in calories out. If you want to be low carb you will burn all your carbs up first then fat. The key is to do what works best for you. I have read that a person cannot metabolize more than 100 g of carbs the rest turns to fat. Good luck!

Beth i’m so glad to see you posting! But I am reading with you over your loss! You have been going through a lot of turmoil lately. This place is a great place to relieve stress and we are all here for you. (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ So glad to hear from you and so sorry about the upsets during the month of June. I hope that July will be a better month.

Heather ~ You certainly look very thin and lithe in the photos you have shown us. I have begun communicating with my family on Messenger and my face takes up the entire screen when I am skyping. Feel like I look so old.

I am another one who sees her mother when she looks into a mirror and I don't like what I see...especially when I don't have on any makeup. I have developed a perpetual frown between my eyes that makes me look worried. I am wondering if I need a change in glasses.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pp
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Beth oh sweetie not good at all.. my prayers are with you.. xoxox
    Well my brother,his girl and our friend Rob off to a Foghat concert.and I am left to watch 3 dogs... that's ok though.. I'm tired.. the sea air wipes you out..did go down to the beach for 1/2 hr or so will try and go at sunrise tomorrow
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Long day - kept on track barely for calories maintaining weight so far. Bank they gave JR an iPad but the battery died he ran off yelling “Who going to charge this!!!” “
    “ Ooooh Noooooo What are we going to do!!!!” He’s a dramatic kid lol 😂. Went to Starbucks he had Pooh Bear 🐻 in their chips pretending Pooh was eating them all . He got his cookie 🍪 settled down.He then took my almost finished small Oreo Frappe 170calories well we don’t know how to use straws yet but he has the sounds down perfectly.Gasp* A young 20yr old kid or younger said OMG she’s giving a baby coffee!!! I couldn’t help but think okay kidless teen policing my parenting pipe down! But my tongue 👅 since she’ll think differently after she’s older. JR ran up to her mouth on the side of the cup (he doesn’t know a straw goes in your mouth 👄) he made his dipping noises with fake aggghhhh mmmm yummy 🤤. The girl started laughing saying he’s pretending! No duh kid 🧒. Everyone watched his performance until we left. Then Outback Steakhouse the girl messed up my order didn’t tell her just ate it payed $10 more than expected. She was so busy but she took time to get JRs order perfect 👌 he ate it happily.Now home ate sushi 🍣 here watching dragon 🐉 how to train movie.
    Amber Tx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Terry ,it is his and his wife's... I gave up rights to it when I was still.married to Tom....but I have lifetime rights.

Ah. Right. Anyway enjoy your time away from work. You've sure earned the break.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Iii