WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th everybody! I have bbq pork tenderloin in a crock pot and will roast some veggies to go with it. I’m going to bring my mom over to my house so I don’t have to carry things to her house.

My daughter went to a friend’s house. The friend was going to be the only young person at her parents event. Then again, Hannah would have been the only young person here. This way they can have a little fun.

Stay safe in the heat!! It’s super toasty here!

Connie in KY
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

manual treadmill - 45min, 126ahr, 153mhr, 3mi= 469c
    Apple Watch- 421cp
    walking kids at freedom fair- 3hrs 28min, 112mhr, 6.66mi= 765c
    Apple Watch- 714c

total cal 1234
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lori ~ Congrats to your husband and congrats to you for being inspired to lose weight. Welcome!

Carol in GA
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA many hugs... And all good thoughts. Glad to see you!

Lisa in AR
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA ... so very sorry for your loss ...

Allie ... I think I would be leaving too. Sorry your vacation was cut short.

Just got back from a 4th of July gathering with some friends in the neighborhood. Glad to be back in the air conditioning. I don't touch much potluck type food as a rule and today it is 85 degrees and humid outside ... I didn't eat much. It's also my birthday today, but I convinced my family to pass on the cake. My appetite is off the last few days. I think I'm just tired. Although, Lanette, it is also true that 19:5 has reduced my desire to overeat and when I do I pay for it with an upset stomach. Amazing when I think about how much I used to stuff myself with. Now I have to work at making certain that my food choices are nutritious. I do, however, make room for dessert! I'm 6 months into the 19:5 and it is working for me, slowly but surely!

Although it isn't raining where I am, you can see black storm clouds running south of us. We were able to see very interesting swaths of rainbow prisms ... not actual rainbows but patches that were prism like. Cool!

Have a great day!
    Beth near Buffalo

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ Happy, Happy Birthday! :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Beth- I hope you have a fantastic Birthday <3

w8oxpti0qaaw.gif
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,431 Member
    Options
    Beth - Happy Birthday too! <3 You seem to be surrounded by rainbows these days. <3

Sue in WA - Thank you for the updates regarding your husband. Again, condolences. Glad to hear you and DD are doing well with the critters at the farm. Subbing an arthritis exercise class? You go girl!! B)

Lori
    - welcome!

Barbie
    - having many "regulars" posting in the group has been one of my favorite things about it. I do miss those who were here for a while and left - Wildhorse Wendy, Terry in Vermont, Joyce.... so many. Glad they shared parts of their lives and joys and struggles with us.

Our older dog is hearing the "pops" in our neighborhood right now. Like your Bessie, even thumps from far far away, any time of the year, cause extreme anxiety. I get frustrated with her because she refuses to go out and do her "business", but she hasn't had an accident in ages. She's 12 1/2 now, best dog ever.

Karen in NY - what fun! Kate - check out the umbrellas! Zipping across that waterfall sounds like fun on a hot day. Enjoy your vacation and practice your Francais!

Allie
    - good idea to head home with Alfie and rest up in the comfort of your own home, away from the stressful situation.

Have a good evening, ladies. Our neighbors generally put on a real "show" with the aerial displays. Not sure I'll stay up for it. Makes me nervous as there is a burn ban and drought conditions - these neighbors are generally super nice and respectful but 4th of July gets them crazy, lol. :s

Lanette
    SW WA State
    Program: IF 12:12, Net carbs under 80 gm, Fiber over 25 gm, Total sugar under 50 gm, Added sugars under 10 gm. Current BMI: 24.2

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    '''
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Beth Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou!
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday,Beth💐🧨!!!
    Debby In Va
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Sue: ((hugs)) and sympathy on your loss. We are here for you.

Beth: Happy birthday and bravo on the smart, strong food choices.

Rori
    SMILING in Colorado Foothills