JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    eigciamw0gyj.jpeg
    zdaxrf4z25wy.jpeg
    i4sj9r9es7ob.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    So I am in a state where fire works are legal and Alfie isn't dazed in the least..Baby on the other hand is a vibrating dog...
    So much fun watching other people's dogs when sleeping on a screened pprch..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Took the water aerobics class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Joyce Vidral’s Fat Burning Upper and Lower Body DVD.

Beth – I was so sorry to read about Zeke. My heart goes out to your entire family. I remember when my father died, that night there was a major lightning storm. One guy said to Denise “that’s your grandfather getting into heaven”. That rainbow was God’s way of telling you that Zeke made it over the rainbow bridge.

Yesterday I was going to make a baked potato for Vince in the airfryer. I tried putting the basket back in but it wouldn’t go in. Then Vince saw that there was a crack which prevented it. Finally, he was able to get it in, but then we had a hard time getting it out. Even he said it was a poor design, plus there was a plastic tab that you were to use to get the basket out. At first I called some customer service number that was in the manual. They told me there was a 30 day warranty even tho the manual says it’s a 1 year warranty. So I took it back to JCPenney and no problem they were either going to replace it and then they asked me if I wanted to return it. I opted to return it since in only a few months it developed a crack. Had I kept it, it probably would have been just another couple of months before it broke again. So instead of having these constant headaches, I had them return it.

Then I bought these dowels at ACMoore. We’re going to use them to help keep some of the ceramics on the side of the house standing up. See, they have to be so far in the mulch that you can’t see their shoes. Plus, they many times lean over. Anyway, Vince was saying that you can get them at Lowes hardware for like $4. I just told him that I’d buy them at ACMoore. Well, he didn’t believe that I could get them there. So I used my coupon and in the end I paid a little over $1 for 12 dowels which we’ll cut in half

Then we went to the movies. I told you all how rude that one gal was to just let her child cry and cry. What I really should have done was mentioned it to the manager. But I never in my life thought she’d let her child scream for such a long time

Barbara – have you tried the game where you shake your hips to hit these balls with number and have the numbers add up to something like 15? Talk about a hoot!

Heather – I saw a picture of myself in the back wearing a horizontal striped shirt. Did I look BIG! Ever since that day over 15 years ago, I have never worn horizontal stripes again. That was also the day I decided that I was going to lose weight.

I don’t know if I can skip breakfast. Last Sun when I took my Actonel then went to exercise to a Leslie Sansone DVD, I started to feel a bit lightheaded. It went away as soon as I had something to eat.

Speaking of which – I’m wondering if I can do TaiChi when I take the Actonel? Does anyone know if it involves any lying down? I honestly don’t remember if the DVD’s that I have do. I remember lying down in the class.

Drkatie – isn’t it amazing how if you don’t have sugar/salt for a while, you can really taste the sugar/salt in foods. I have had unsweetened applesauce for so long that it’s quite sweet to me. If I go out and order applesauce, I don’t eat it…it’s usually too sweet.

Aerlie – love the name of your dog!

Went to exercise then the Salvation Army (just got a roll of wrapping paper that I’ll need) then to WalMart to get prescriptions for Vince.

When I woke up this morning, I had this tightness on the left side of my body, like my ribs. Eventually, it did go away. Right now Vince is laying in bed. He had popcorn last night at the movies and since he doesn’t have a gallbladder, he’s thinking that it’s just taking a while for it to digest. But he’s walking around the house moaning and groaning. Really…men sometimes. Update: my ribs still hurt a bit, but only when I’m laying down on my stomach

Allie – you gave up rights but you have lifetime rights????? Have fun!

Went in the pool. It isn’t even refreshing. Got my hair trimmed, just went to the cosmetology school of the local community college. Got it shampooed and cut for $5. Bad thing is that they don’t blow dry it. But right now it’s so hot outside that it dried in no time at all. Ceramics tonight. Since they’re closed tomorrow and won’t open until Mon when we’re there, I may ask them if I can take some paints home with me and work on things here if I have time. Update: they let me

My exercise class started late because a boy threw up in the pool and they needed to clean it and shock it. After about 20 minutes the lifeguard declared it safe to go into.

After ceramics stopped at Publix (they give the kids free fruit -- OK, it's overripe bananas. But still it's not a cookie like most stores give out) and got a ribeye that was on sale. Will probably have it when Jess is here. If not, Vince will eat it. At ceramics this one gal invited us to her house tomorrow so I stopped at WalMart to get small shrimp and orzo to make a shrimp orzo salad. What’s nice is that it doesn’t have mayonnaise in it so it’s not bad in hot weather.

Michele in NC
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Hoped to start posting again in time for July, but still lots to do sorting things out for mum. It seems every day there is another letter to be dealt with. :s

I'll try to catch up with all your news, but already on P12 :o and it is only 4th July - (Happy 4th to my US friends :) )

Need to get ready we are going into town today, it's going to be hot here, shouldn't complain, but as I get older find I can't cope with the heat as well.

Condolences to those who have lost pets <3

Take care
    Viv UK
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    t9305.gif
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July!!!!! I hope y’all enjoy your day.It’s going to be HOT here again today and I’m going to work.We will be busy again today,it’s been chaos since last Thursday.But when we’re busy,it makes the day go by.
    Debby In Va
  • KetoneKaren
    edited July 2019
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Beth - many, many HUGS going out to you. <3 As you can tell, you were missed!!! We figured something was up. What a June for you. Hope your older son is doing better. Sorry to hear about the hearing aids. They can be a pain. And precious Zeke... great photos and memories. Strangely, I get more choked up and emotional looking at photos of our past dogs and farm animals than I do looking at old family photos with departed parents and grandparents. :o

Michele
    - The Tai Chi I do is all done standing - if you are on the ground, something's not right, lol. There is some stepping from side to side and at different angles, coordinating with arm movements. Was tricky on the balance until I got the hang of it - teacher was great at showing different steps and ways to do things.

Heather - Terry - I too have had the shock of seeing my mom when I catch a glimpse of myself. She went downhill from medical issues in her 70's and 80's. Balance problems, horrible bunions/achy feet, so she shuffled. That right there gets me off my chair and moving and figuring out how I can keep trucking along.

In our family, I resemble my mom, my sis more resembles dad and my brother - he looks like our paternal grandfather!

Seems like all of my high school mate's mothers got fairly thick in the middle during their older age... and like old men (who tend to all look alike to me, especially when they have beards), they too kind of all look alike at first glance. However, there was one "mom", Jan, who was glamorous. She was the football coach's wife. Started jogging in the 1960's... long before it was a fashionable way to keep fit. As she aged, she still jogged as long as she could and in her 70's and 80's (I saw her at my parent's funerals) she was still a supermodel- slender, standing straight and well - put together. And just as nice and pleasant as could be.

Heather
    - remember, the camera adds ten pounds. I agree with Carol - in the photos you've posted you are in super shape.... like "Jan" I mentioned in the above paragraph. :)

Mary - I appreciate your Keto comments, and wondered how maintenance was dealt with.

I'd better post this before I lose it. Time to tend to the dogs. Be back in a jiffy.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    7ol5ebssgbrn.png
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    drmv30md37bx.png
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Michele NC- I like my air fryer but not others still wish I would have gotten a bigger one. Mine takes small y Medium potatoes 🥔 but not the big ones those I dice up 🎲 . Sounds like you got a bad brand it’s sad cause some of the big companies don’t care about the products they provide quality anymore. My Uncle has a huge one his takes big big big potatoes y briskets.
    Amber Tx

Oh Nooo it’s fireworks day!!! JRs terrifies even in the house of the pops!!! No sleep tonight for this household! He’s like a GreatDane scattering on the kitchen floor looking for a place to hide!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The mirror I have in my bedroom, which came from DH, is a 'thin' mirror. :o I was delighted when I first looked in it, years ago, but it's now my standard image of myself. I think it takes about 7 pounds off me. :D It was a shock to see the real me! I also look more like my mum when I'm serious. I was concentrating in the dancing. A smile somehow transforms me. Sometimes when I'm running I imagine myself to be striding along in youthful style. Then I see my shuffling shadow. :laugh: Aaarrrgh!

We have Bea here all day. <3 She is exhausting, but such fun. Giving her orders and telling us what's what. We had an expedition to the shop and bought a comic. Then I bought sausages and cooked them so I don't have too much work to do for the kids ' dinner. I will take them with me when we go to pick the kids up. Then some pasta and pesto will suffice. Or even waffles.
    The parents will be back at bath time. It is their 10th anniversary. It would have been my 49th if I had stayed married to my ex.
    I dreamt about him last night. :o>:):o:bigsmile:

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! :drinker:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Baby bird screaming for food..I got up and took Alfie down to the beach ,his first time he loved all the smells but not the water.. this is my happy place...going down to the gift shop in a few minutes and then back up here for a bit then down to the beach for a bit..
    Rob will be here and can take care of his dog tonight.
    I have really really needed the break and am thoroughly enjoying myself..
    Dont know how my brother will pull it off ,but his wife coming up tomorrow night.. his girlfriend doesnt drive( red flag)so he has to drive her back down to Ct.. he is gonna get caught and it's not going to be pretty.. I dont want to be in the middle of this ugh
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather I saw the most beautiful wedding anniversary photo of your son and daughter-in-law on Facebook. They are obviously deeply in love.

Karen in Virginia
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for the help with the groups and forums. I'm still getting used to this interface.
    I went out to lunch yesterday and busted my calories by 60 for the day. If my guesses are right. Amazing how my brain still wants to feel guilty, but it wasn't that bad. I had a yoghurt for dinner; just wasn't hungry.
    Today my boyfriend is coming for dinner and my mom is cooking, so it will be a challenge. I may sound like a teenager but I am 57, and live with my folks. My mom feels strongly about controlling the kitchen. So that makes it hard to diet. But not impossible.
    Happy Fourth of July to you all,
    Annie in Delaware

PS it is Middletown DE which is north of the center of the state, but south of the Canal.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Amber - your JR is such a cutie. He's going to grow up fast!

Rebecca
    - Athena seems to grow by leaps with every new photo I see of her. All the baby & kid photos you gals post here are beautiful. We are a handsome bunch.

Heather
    - glad you like your new knickers. The "wirarpa" brand I got from Amazon a few days ago are great, super comfy. DH calls them "canvas panties". :p

Rori - how neat your DH is joining you at the pool and his interaction with the little one. So strange where our brains park different skillsets we excel at and how the paths to that info can be disrupted by dementia and other disease. I read an interesting article about how folks with MS and Autism are finding that playing with Legos is building some parts of the brain and helps in restoring hand/eye coordination. My DH used to love working puzzles but hasn't in a long time. I'm going to be on the lookout for Lego's at the thrift store. For me. He can keep his hands off them. B) Kidding.

Beth
    - I forgot to mention, way to go on your 19:5!! You've been doing it for many months now so it must be easier and easier.

Mary/RV Rita... I was wondering, could you stay on Keto forever? Would that be harmful?

So far, it's been fairly easy for me to stay on my program. I am generally under on net carbs - was over a smidge yesterday, but no worries. Also was VERY hungry several hours after dinner. So a big spoonful of peanut butter did the trick.

I know my carbs come from the one slice of whole grain Ezekial bread I have for breakfast (15 gm), beans. Milk and yogurt. A few berries. Avocadoes. I don't generally eat a lot of potato and pasta type carbs. Am planning on extra carbs for dinner so will skip the toast this morning.

My maintenance downfall has always been sugary and salty snacks and desserts. Cannot eat just one!

Happy Independence Day to us colonists, lol. One of our local judges has been posting "history lessons" on his Facebook page about the men who signed the US Constitution. Very, very interesting to read about these guys and the chances they took to found this nation.

Fireworks has been booming a bit. I stopped at the County Courthouse on Tuesday and had a chat with one of our County Commissioners. She said they'd been talking about restricting fireworks and I volunteered to write a letter to get this kicked off. In our little county, the Commissioners are only one vote away from going back to driving the beer truck or resuming the job of cafeteria lady, lol. No professional politicians in the bunch! :D

OK, time to walk. Have a great day!! <3

Lanette
    Cool SW WA State
    Program: IF 12:12, Net carbs under 80 gm, Fiber over 25 gm, Total sugar under 50 gm, Added sugars under 10 gm. Current BMI: 24.3