WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Jenny Ford’s Hi-Lo Cardio and abs DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the water class then I’ll stop by WalMart on the way home.

I got a friend request again from a cjfields with the message “hi again beautiful”. Really? Doesn’t the fact that I declined you once before say something? Oh well…some people….

M – I was just about to ask Allie if a program couldn’t be used? I see you beat me to it!

Barbara – how wonderful, your weight and that you got a Wii

Pip – did you get your hair cut? It looks really nice. Did Kirby?

We just went to go see “secret Life of Pets 2”. This one kid screamed and screamed and screamed the entire time from about ¾ of the movie to the end. The mother didn’t take him out. How selfish can someone get. Not the boy, but the mother.

Katla – enjoy! We’ll be thinking of you

Debbie VA – how in the world can you be broken? If you think you’re “broken”, let us fix it for you. We care.

Michele in NC

my hair is short like the profile pic right now.. I'm gonna grow it out. that is an old pic of us. Kirby has a version of that hair cut on the profile pic
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi. I just found the mfp groups. I thought this was a group, but I guess it's a forum? What is the difference? Anybody know any good groups? It really helps me remember my food priorities to read postings.

Annie in Delaware

The Message Board is a forum.

2tjue9f1116p.png

Motivation & Support is a sub-forum.

8pwkwn5eecry.png

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019 is a thread.

vp20j02l4z26.png

This right here (the thing I'm writing and which you'll be reading) is a post.

If you want to see Groups, try scrolling down to the bottom of the forum page. If you have joined a group, you should see a MyGroups section (these are some of mine) ...

ljn9hjvu6226.png

If you want to see a full selection of Groups select Groups at the top, when you're in "Community". There you can search for and join Groups.

3jiywhumqdm0.png

Within the Group you'll find several threads and within those threads there will be posts.

Does that help? :)

Machka in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I was just about to ask Allie if a program couldn’t be used? I see you beat me to it!

Michele in NC

I've been in a lot of medical offices over the past year or more, and I don't know of any that aren't completely computerised.

Even with our insurance, they enter our insurer and my number, and can immediately query the current bill to find out how much of the bill the insurance will cover. For one of my recent physio appointments, the lady told me that my insurance was covering $10 less than the last time I had come in, so it must be running out. They've got all the information right there at their fingertips! I've even had my optometrist do a series of enquiry queries to see which of Option A or B would work out to the more economical amount for me.

Even for me ... in data ... it's still amazing. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Hello Ladies! I was incredibly behind in June but felt a need to read through all 900+ posts before replying. Thank you for thinking of me. June was insane and difficult. First...

Beth near Buffalo

{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}

Machka in Oz

• cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Today was a much better day on the home front. My Hannah remembered to tidy the kitchen after lunch. Dinner was some leftovers plus pasta. I had everything done by 8 so we watched Big Brother together. Not exactly my idea of great viewing, but it’s the togetherness that counts. Finished off my night with some time at the gym...alone!

Connie in KY
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    @suebdew Happy Birthday! <3
  • bananasandoranges
    @auntiebk great that the bear spray is working. the concert sounds fun. I guess a wee dram is a drink?
  • bananasandoranges
    The director's announcement was predictable and very general.

The class was less bad than usual; the spoiled teacher's pet presented a new research project idea that was clearly off and we were all telling her that it was off. She finally accepted that. She's at the end of her thesis and doesn't need to branch off into a new idea that she knows nothing about.
    She got a 2 year teaching gig. after finishing a 3 year scholarship. it's annoying because she is the one who's (or was) sleeping with a senior teacher, and her research is average, but doesn't stand out. She's very pretty. She was slightly more humble than usual and the teacher was being more firm with her on this point and another older student who is very direct was very clear. The other favoured guy(the only boy) is also uneasy. The teacher always says he is writing well and working well but she said he cut off contact for months, no answer to mails or calls and was ready to drop every thing months before finishing; apparently he's having a hard time finishing. I understood he didn't have a chance to speak and had to leave to catch a train so he had come about 2h for this session and left.

Another person is supposed to have a committee review her work but won't have a committee until after 3 years (she's supposed to have it after 18 months-which she is at now). she didn't insist. the teacher was very cavalier saying they don't have enough time for her to have one.

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Happy birthday Sue x

Well done USA ladies best team won on the night sad for our lionesses though :'(

Kate UK <3
  • bananasandoranges
    edited July 2019
    ]June Goals

Health
    1. Track all yes, unless I forgot some
    2. Lose at least a kilo (2.2 lbs) no
    4. Average 1100 calories net no, average tracked 1250
    5. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week yes
    6. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week some days
    7. Write what I'm grateful for here daily yes

Long term writing
    8a.Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project average
    8b.produce at least 2 pages per day average
    8c. Send 26 pages to correctors by June 10
    8d. 76 pages sent off by the post by June 17th

Home
    9. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning

Paper
    11. Average at least 5 min/day of filing occasionally
    11a. Take care of at least 3 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week. some
    11b. Make a list of short term tasks, etc and prioritise them, and do them.yes, yes, some

Art
    12. do 5 min of artwork or music/day sketching some days

Remaining from May to do in first week of June: Make appointment with dentist : wrote to dentist 1. dentist 2 no, and acupuncturist no

July Goals

Health
    1. Write what I'm grateful for here daily
    2. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week[
    3.Track all
    4. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week
    5. Average 1100 calories net
    6. Lose 1-2 kilos

7. Take measurements every 2 weeks (?)
    8. Go to free coaching session
    9. Try one class per week at gym (I had signed up-annual sign up- for the 7 euros a month extra for classes and havent gone since the "zen" stretching classes weren't great.) Try different classes.
    10. Use city bike 1x a week (I also signed up many months ago at about 3-4 euros per month, there was no bike free the first time I wanted to use it and I had completely forgotten about it, it's not in my habits).
    11. eat fresh leafy greens 4 days a week

Long term writing
    12. Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project average
    13. Produce at least 3 rough pages per day average

Home
    14. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning

Paper
    15. Make a list of short term tasks, etc and prioritise them, and do them
    16. Take care of at least 2 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week
    17. Taxes
    18. 1 h per week filing

Art
    19. 1 hour on art project (other than sketching) per week

Work
    20. do one work-related thing per week other than the above, to progress (I have to network and take initiative etc, in my job and I haven't been doing so much since focusing on thesis)

Remaining from May to do in July : Make appointment with dentist 1, dentist 2 and acupuncturist
  • bananasandoranges
    July Goals

Health
    1. Write what I'm grateful for here daily ✔️
    2. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week[
    3.Track all
    4. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week
    5. Average 1100 calories net
    6. Lose 1-2 kilos
    7. Take measurements every 2 weeks (?)
    8. Go to free coaching session
    9. Try one class per week at gym (I had signed up-annual sign up- for the 7 euros a month extra for classes and havent gone since the "zen" stretching classes weren't great.) Try different classes.
    10. Use city bike 1x a week (I also signed up many months ago at about 3-4 euros per month, there was no bike free the first time I wanted to use it and I had completely forgotten about it, it's not in my habits).
    11. eat fresh leafy greens 4 days a week

Long term writing
    12. Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project average
    13. Produce at least 3 rough pages per day average

Home
    14. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning

Paper
    15. Make a list of short term tasks, etc and prioritise them, and do them
    16. Take care of at least 2 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week
    17. Taxes
    18. 1 h per week filing

Art
    19. 1 hour on art project (other than sketching) per week

Work
    20. do one work-related thing per week other than the above, to progress (I have to network and take initiative etc, in my job and I haven't been doing so much since focusing on thesis)

Remaining from May to do in July : Make appointment with dentist 1, dentist 2 and acupuncturist

Grateful:
    -afternoon meeting yesterday
    -running into B. and rich exchange
    -no pressure this morning
    -colleague, J.
    -fellow-student, R.
  • bananasandoranges
    @Machka9 I decided to try 1h per week filing as you had suggested I'll see how that works. the 15 min cleaning average works great for me. the 15 min is on a lazy or busy day and 1h+ on strong days balances out with the zero days and I'm usually in the black.

I'm open to tips for losing. not very successful so far in past months.
    I've tried to log all and seem to be at average of 1250 net rather than 1100 net. finding it super hard to stay at 1100. do ok on a good day but on high stress days or kick-back days 1100 feels so draconian.

I read that for women over 50 skipping breakfast is sometimes a good idea!
    (goes against all sorts of philosophies read). I did that a few days during heat wave and it seemed to help.

vjc6glfdetr9.png
    2oavgu3pns3x.png
  • bananasandoranges
    how is Keto working for those of you who use that? it seems so low in carbs. if decreasing carbs one increases % of fat? (that's what seems to be recommended) does that work out ok without excess?
  • Machka9
    @Machka9 I decided to try 1h per week filing as you had suggested I'll see how that works. the 15 min cleaning average works great for me. the 15 min is on a lazy or busy day and 1h+ on strong days balances out with the zero days and I'm usually in the black.

I'm open to tips for losing. not very successful so far in past months.
    I've tried to log all and seem to be at average of 1250 net rather than 1100 net. finding it super hard to stay at 1100. do ok on a good day but on high stress days or kick-back days 1100 feels so draconian.

I read that for women over 50 skipping breakfast is sometimes a good idea!
    (goes against all sorts of philosophies read). I did that a few days during heat wave and it seemed to help.

I haven't eaten breakfast since I was about 19 years old, except for weekends and holidays.

Co-incidentally, I've also remained at the low-mid range of my normal BMI, with occasional dips into underweight most of my life. :grin:

Well, being very active might have also had something to do with it.

For the last month or so, for some strange reason, I haven't been hungry all morning. So I stop eating about 11 pm, and don't eat again until noon. I don't know what's up, but I'll go with it.

Machka in Oz

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    beth(((( <3 ))))) you are handling a lot. Sorry for the loss of Zeke. The double rainbow was definitely a sign.

Hope both boys are settling in and healing

NYKAREN
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sue Happy birthday! Congratulations!

🎂🥂🍾Belated Birthday Greetings🍾🥂🎂 @suebdew
    Hope you had a cracker day!

Welcome to our Newbies!
    (((Hugs))) to those who need them.

☘️ Terri NornIrn
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Beth - many, many hugs. That's a rough few month, indeed. Pleased for you for the weight loss in the midst of all that, your strength is amazing.

Allie - thinking of you. Hope the days get better.

Last day of work before vacation! Channeling the Little Engine that Could today.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR