WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    thanks for your responses. I thought I answered some but can't find the answers and am a bit lost in this abundantly active thread. <3<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Watching Joyce and having my tea.then after feeding DFIL I am going to go get a mani- pedi and grocery shop then come home and go feed DFIL and do some cleaning my place is a mess..
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Lisa In AR- I started using pure cbd oil for my joints,didn’t do much for that,but it did help me sleep.I would go to sleep fine, but wake up and Stay up.😩.8 hours a night?more like maybe 8 hours a week.But it’s much better now.
    Debby In Va
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Sue - what a spectacular birthday celebration. <3<3 They were very good at keeping the surprise!

Janetr - Indeed, that beautiful smiling lady in the mirror is YOU! You are such an inspiration!

Kelly - so hard to believe that adorable active youngster was a baby just a couple years ago. Don't blame you for being super excited to see him (them) again!

Terri
    - congrats on your 65 lbs discarded B)<3 What method are you using? Hope the dogs are settling in OK - when does DYD plan to be back? Love Emily Dickinson's Hope Quote.

Michele
    - let us know how your visit with friends (after 50 years) goes. My 50th high school reunion is this month, not going to make it - back in Indiana. Don't feel comfortable leaving DH alone and flying isn't my favorite way to travel.

Bananas - sorry to hear about your friend struggling with despair over not getting that job. Home prices over here, especially in big cities where the high- tech employers are (Seattle for example), are out of reach to most young people with "average" jobs it seems.

Kylia and Tracy - for some reason you gals are on my mind this morning. :D

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Bought my first face mask in my life going to give it a try after Daughter leaves.Hubby watched JR held our spot in line while I ran to get one.Saw a million had no clue what I was looking at so grabbed a mixed pack 3types for $2.50 Walmart figure 1 will work or feel good. They keep sticking young men who don’t understand the department at them! 😐 ummm man 👨 I don’t know 🤷🏽‍♂️ what mask 😷 your talking about it’s not Halloween 🎃 yet that will be set up in August or September. I just looked through him went on grabbed the first mask thingys I saw not even hung up it was just tossed there. Said good enough says it’s a Pearl one,Gold One,planty one. Stayed away from Charcoal ones saw some it won’t come off your skin YouTube videos so didn’t sound like what I wanted. Here’s my video YouTube go to this boys truthful tries it out for the girlfriend/wife y her daughter sometimes out of curiosity to see what it’s about. Tons of fake happy videos he doesn’t care what you think it hurts he says it no filter on the country boy.
    Charcoal mask trial https://youtu.be/XjSgp69-G8o

Cleaning 🧹 out items you don’t need from the kitchen
    https://youtu.be/KL8l6chFohk

Amber Tx

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Oh yes someone asked how to post their grandkids video only seen Machka do it she posted to that YouTube somehow then hit the arrow called share then copy link pasted it here. This site only lets you add photos for some reason got to get creative to post them family videos still.

Amber Tx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kelly ~ Joaquin is a doll...know you are so excited to see him.

Julie ~ Sad about your friend and hope he pulls out of his depression. Are there other jobs he could explore other than teaching? I worked as a secretary before I began teaching.

Janet ~ Your are a truly beautiful lady inside and out.

NY Karen ~ Sorry to hear about your DH's and daughter's breakdown. At least you all had so many other happy experiences in Canada. It seems like your family has had many great traveling adventures from what you have told us.

Rori ~ Continued good thoughts for healed feet.

I am having to re-evaluate my exercise plan. The knee that still needs replacing is acting up pretty bad.

Carol in GA

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to add “mowing grass with a push mower” to MFP?? Amazingly it is not listed as exercise! I counted it as a long walk based on my pedometer.

Connie in KY

:) I used "Google" to find this:
    If your lawn mowing job takes a half hour and you use a manual mower, that translates to 114 burned calories for a 125-lb. person, 138 burned calories for a 150-lb. person and 156 calories for a 175-lb. person.Dec 11, 2018

You can add your own exercise to the data base so you can use it regularly.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did a More Than Mat Pilates DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some training games on the Wii.

Vacuumed out the spa. The weather looks “iffy” with scattered showers starting at 2. Vince just put Rover in the pool to clean it out

Drkataie – I, too, love avocado – just not the calories. How I wish it wasn’t so high in calories!

KJ – I like using the push behind mower, too. Sometimes I like to use the tractor just to keep myself knowing how to do it, but I’d rather use the mower. I guess I mow for maybe 1-1/2 hr and then use the weedwacker and broom the rest of the time. Looks like I know who is going to be voted in 20 years the sexiest man alive!

M – I’m sure your family understands. Would it be possible for them to come see you? You’ll get your degree, I’m sure of that. I’m so impressed with how far you’ve come.

Adra sent out a memo telling members that she and Greg will be at the general meeting for people who are having problems getting into the website. I know this is mean but it’s probably also true. She said that not many people are having problems. Well, that’s because not many people are going to the website!!!! My antivirus is still telling me it’s an unsafe site and there is no way I’m fooling with my antivirus. That and the registry are two things I won’t touch. I’d let Vince, he knows more about computers than I do.

Bananas (Julie?) – I don’t know why it didn’t hit me before, you’re in Switzerland! One of my best friends from high school lives in Bern. Vince was in the hospital there a few years ago while we were visiting my friend. Thank goodness he knows a fair amount of French! How scary for you about your friend! I don’t know how I’d handle something like that

Carol GA – take care

Michele in NC
    Who is eagerly awaiting her friends coming here
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Oh yes someone asked how to post their grandkids video only seen Machka do it she posted to that YouTube somehow then hit the arrow called share then copy link pasted it here. This site only lets you add photos for some reason got to get creative to post them family videos still.

Amber Tx

It wasn't me posting a video of grandkids. I've never met my grandsons.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I’m sure your family understands. Would it be possible for them to come see you? You’ll get your degree, I’m sure of that. I’m so impressed with how far you’ve come.

Michele in NC
    Who is eagerly awaiting her friends coming here

Thank you. :)

My cousins might come over ... one was talking about it. But my parents don't travel much anymore and my brother and his wife have 4 kids and don't travel much anymore. My husband and I were the great travellers.

Everything now depends on how my husband is. As long as he's reasonably stable I should be able to continue with work and university, and we can travel around Tasamania. That's better than nothing!

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »
    @Vickil57 way to go, donating blood!! I get to teach blood banking theory and technique in fall semester. Blood products are in critical short supply over the summer. Only 5% of all eligible donors ever donate. I totally understand for anybody who cannot donate, but kudos to all of you who do.

Heat index was over 100 today. They said it was our 10th straight day over 90; the worst it has been since 2012. I drove my car to the repair shop to get new brakes and walked home. It’s only 1.5 miles, but it might as well have been 5 miles. After supper and after the sun started setting, I mowed my mom’s yard. The shower when I got home felt so good!!

Does anybody know how to add “mowing grass with a push mower” to MFP?? Amazingly it is not listed as exercise! I counted it as a long walk based on my pedometer.

Connie in KY

I mow our DS with a push mower I would liken it to raking a yard. Definitely takes more than a gas or electric mower.

No fireworks last night because another day of rain. Despite all the other fireworks in the city the only one arrested was the young man in our neighborhood. There must have been about ten other young men too. They scattered when the police came. The fireworks did attract quite a crowd and that might have been part of the problem too. I think the rec center complained too. They leave quite a mess behind and one year they damaged a building on the property.

:heart: Margaret
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Bananas (Julie?) – I don’t know why it didn’t hit me before, you’re in Switzerland! One of my best friends from high school lives in Bern. Vince was in the hospital there a few years ago while we were visiting my friend. Thank goodness he knows a fair amount of French! How scary for you about your friend! I don’t know how I’d handle something like that

Michele in NC

I think she's in France ... Paris, or near there, if I'm not mistaken.

M in Oz