Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Qqqqq
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Well, my friends from elementary/high school just left. Boy, did I get a lot of jaw exercise in!

Connie – I sure hope nothing’s broken!

Evie – whenever a woman takes a car in to be serviced, no matter how small the service, they ALWAYS tell you you need this air filter changed and that air filter. It’s a way they can soak you. I always ask for just what I came in, even if they tell me that I really need something done. Unless I need it done to pass inspection, I don’t get it done then. So sorry that happened to you

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Connie, so glad about your mom being mostly OK.

:)Allie, you did something wonderful for yourself (new clothes) and something wonderful for your neighbor who had a fall.

:) Lovely day today---dog walking, more work on my yard project, and lots of TV watching and exercise bike with Jake. Lunch today was one of Jake's great chicken and bean recipes in the slow cooker. There was enough to freeze for four more meals.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

spin bike- single leg, backwards, etc- 60min, 96w, 78r, 125ahr ,152mhr, 14.3mi= 620c
    Apple Watch- 534c
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,179 Member
    Options
    I do believe we are put in certain places at the right time.. I was stopping at our local grocery store when I saw a crowd around an elderly gentleman.. come to find out its my neighbor here.. he tripped and bonked his head and had a good gash that will require a few stitches. so I planted myself behind him so he wouldn't fall back and tried calling Sheila his wife who was getting home from church, so she came down . and I was not going to leave until they got him in the ambulance and all he was worried about were the lobsters he got lol... told him they are all tucked in in my fridge when you get home just heat them up..told Sheila to keep me informed.. glad I was there and could help..
    wish me luck im going to attempt to put the body shaper on to see if it fits... lol

So fortunate you were there!
  • Machka9
    edited July 2019
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Machka and KJ and Heather: I'm still adjusting my time perspective to living in what is meant to be our best and final home. I do fine, and in fact, do better if I have a six-month list of work deadlines... but as far as lists for home... I've moved for the last 42 years of my life! I don't even know how to think a year ahead in terms of home projects. And my husband and I have pretty well decided that outside projects are a no-go for the summer. It's too much to ask him to work out in this heat all week long, then work outside in the heat all weekend. The home renovations can start again in the fall.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Planning

Generally speaking my life since my ex-husband and I split up has gone in 4-5-year chunks.

5 years on my own getting more established in my career.
    5 years where I travelled and then completed my Bachelor of Education.
    4 years where I moved to Australia, got settled with my new husband, saved up money, then spent 8 months travelling the world.
    5 years until my husband had his accident which has changed everything.

I expect I'm in the middle of a 4-5 year period of recovery for him, during which time I hope to get myself into a position where I could possibly get a good job in Canada (the Master's Degree might help). Also during which time I want to get our affairs in order -- everything organised, things simplified, etc.

And what the next 4-5 years after that will bring ... who knows!!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Regarding eating and losing weight ...

I go with CI<CO and have done since I was about 17 and first started counting calories. It works for me and gives me the flexibility I like. :)

Back then (when I was about 17), I had to hunt for the calories in food items in my mother's medical textbooks, other books from the library, and magazines. From all of that, I created a list and used that list to generally keep track of what I was eating.

When I was getting my Bachelor of Education, one of my courses was Kinetics ... human kinetics. All about physical activity but also with a component of nutrition, and we used a calorie tracker computer program.

Then I got into FitDay and DailyPlate. They were OK, but I had to enter all the details of most of what I ate each time which was very time consuming.

So when I decided I wanted to lose weight again, I went looking for something that was quick and easy. I looked at LoseIt, but it only had US foods, so that wouldn't do. And I looked at MFP, and here I am!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited July 2019
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »
    Well, I was in process of thanking people for the info on exercise, calories expended and mowing grass. As I was typing, my mom called to say she fell in the garden. She managed to get up and get in the house on her own. I’m not sure how. We are now in the hospital emergency dept to find out if it’s broken. More to follow.

Connie in KY
    cmsavells wrote: »
    Update on my mom - miraculously nothing broken!! Just badly bruised; however, she could not walk with her cane. So, she now has a walker until she heals a bit. She is getting around fairly well tonight. She’s just moving slowly!

I realized at 6 PM that I had not eaten all day. Feeling better since I ate, but I have a horrible stress headache. Wonder why????? Said very facetiously!

Connie in KY

Caring

I'm glad to hear that nothing is broken and that she's getting around. I hope she recovers all right.

Is your mom on her own?

I mentioned the possibility of moving to Canada in a few years, and I suspect that I'll move into something of a caring role for my parents and husband. Fortunately, they're already in a 55+ community with easy access to things. I never thought I'd be the one to do this ... always thought it would be my brother. But I guess this is what we ladies do ... even if we're not natural carers.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @lhscapil thanks for your understanding. even rent can be hard to swing for many people.

While housing prices in the rest of Australia are starting to go down, Tasmania's prices are not going down yet. And rent prices are atrocious! Fortunately, our landlords have been pretty good so we stay where we are ... we couldn't afford to go anywhere else.

@exermom @Machka9 yes I'm in France, not far from Switzerland and also French-speaking like parts of Switzerland.

We spent 10 days near Martigny, Switzerland in 2012. Loved it there!

That area and the west coast of France were our two favourites of the parts of Europe we've seen so far. :)

M in Oz
  • missezkbee
    missezkbee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I like the word aging. Like fine wine or expensive stinky cheese, LOL!!!
    That made me laugh! I’d prefer to be fine over expensive and stinky, tho.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi to all. I survived the Fourth with all my fingers and toes intact! I will attempt to catch up tomorrow! Take care, Meg from Omaha where the weather was actually pleasant today.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    missezkbee wrote: »
    I dunno. I like the word aging. Like fine wine or expensive stinky cheese, LOL!!!
    That made me laugh! I’d prefer to be fine over expensive and stinky, tho.

Ha Ha. Good one, although our Heather LOVES stinky cheese! Right Karen in VA?? Which by the way, I have yet to figure out what stinky cheese is.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Allie, your supposed to have to struggle into a body shaper, its the law! Oh the things we mature ladies do to look good <3.

However, we do NEED a picture now of you in your new dress. (With or without body shsper, your choice). :)

Janetr OKC
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well with struggling lol I got the body shaper on.. and put the dress on..it looks good.
    Just delivered the lobsters down to Bob and Sheila...he bruised his hip and got 6 stitches in his head .but not really any the worse for wear thank goodness.. I got the lobsters out and put them on the plate for them.. and came back .. thank goodness there on my floor:I had my jammies and robe and didnt want anyone to see me

So glad you could help your neighbor.

The body shaper - yes, they are a struggle. So are sports bras. I got one on in the dressing room at Lane Bryant and wasn’t sure I was going to get it off. Thought I was going to need to remove the tag and buy it. Somehow, I got the thing off. I really need one, but I’m scared to try again!!

Connie in KY