WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @GodMomKim thanks for appreciating my English. yes I'm living in France and from the usa. impossible to go back for a year of classes. I'm not sure if that is even possible for a phd. I'd have to find a teacher. it would be madness. and then how much is a year of college in the usa? in France it's 0 euros plus 400 euros per year of administrative fees for many many schools. I think any changes need to be in France.

@JRsLateInLifeMom I love the hamster using his wheel as a clothes rack ! LOL!!!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 nice to read you. the pictures are lovely! I was hoping to see you in the bouncy house!

my spelling is not too bad in English except typos. but my spelling in French is horrible!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    life is not that easy.
    for me I like my work but don't make enough to live on. dilemma at my age.

times are tough in my field in France.i know some excellant teachers who suddenly find themselves out of wok after 5-6 years of full or part time work and excellent work and reputation.

I think they will find work again soon,

but it's a tough field. it's not easy to change to another field at 55.
    people are competitive and Theydon't hesitate to diss people to move forward things for themselves, their friends or their department's budget...
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Well I am presently doing a 14 cleanse, and man I gotta stay close to home! Its like "ding" I need to run to the bathroom now! The only downside is I have to wait an hour before I can have breakfast. I just need to get up early and sip coffee until I can have my yogurt or cereal. I need to eat something before we go and exercise though.

Today we normally go shopping, but we went shopping yesterday, after husband recovered from his tummy issues. We had to go to in base clinic to get his anti rejection medicine. They ordered and hopefully it will come in by Tuesday. We run out of Prograf in Wednesday morning. I hate it when we cut it that close.

We were supposed to go walking today, but my stomach is so gurgly, so I am hesitant. I will walk around the house here, going up and down the stairs!💖
    x2c3uwvar1te.jpg
    💖Rebecca
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Julie ~ What teaching field are you in?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Speling. The bain of my existentialism.

Yep, I did it. I clicked the "woo" button. Lol

Janetr OKC

you bad girl >:)

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Volunteered at the soup kitchen then went in the pool

Welcome everyone new

Lucy – congrats on getting your A1C down. WTG!!!

Connie – we’re lucky, it can get very hot here, but seldom is it very humid. We have been having a spell of humidity, but really not bad at all. I hate the humidity

It feels like I have a piece of food stuck under my gum. I was about to call the dentist to have it removed before it got worse, then realized I have a dentist appt. Tues so I guess I’ll just wait until Tues

Evelyn – well said

Bananas – how I wish I could limit my carbs. I very seldom eat breads and white rice. But fruit (especially real ripe) is my downfall – or I should say one of my downfalls. I also love cheese. I, too, was hoping to see snowflake in the bouncy house

Lisa – congrats on getting that grant. You never know what’ll happen about the $100,000 one. Weirder things in life have happened

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Kirby ‘s bday was no crazy party or bed session, went to a free bday meal last Saturday, doing another freebie tomorrow
  • pipcd34
    Options
    xkz6paeyk1hx.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Katla - hope Arrow gets better fast.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    mwugn1wwx9m4.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Margaret Richards All My Best DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Belly Butt and Thigh DVD.

Connie – so glad to hear your mom is doing much better. Is it humid by you?

Well, today is Bryan’s anniversary. You don’t have to send wishes. That was the last time I saw him in person and I’ve only seen him once more on Skype. His wedding was 6 years ago.

Regarding spelling: Vince is the grammar Nazi. One gal in Newcomers used to work for the Charlotte Observer (newspaper) and she and Vince have lots of conversations about proper punctuation, etc.

M - One thing that really really bothers me is when someone says “Mary and I” when it should be “Mary and me”

Allie – Terry is right, spelling here isn’t real important. We all know what you mean and what a big heart you have. But someone that you’re applying for a job doesn’t know how big your heart is until they hire you and find out. We only want the absolute best for you always. Vince has told me that he threw out multiple applications because of poor grammar, not so much because the person didn’t know their stuff.

A bit cloudy but I think it’ll get nicer as the day goes on. Have the soup kitchen today.

Welcome everyone new!

Lisa – you and Vince would get along. “If you had died”, I can certainly see him wondering how a dead person can call. If it was in a newspaper, I can see him writing a letter to the editor

Snowflake – what did Katlyn have wrapped around her bouquet? When Denise was baptized, she wore this bib, when she got married she had the bib wrapped around her bouquet as her “something old”

Michele in NC

She had a lace doily (a cheap one) and burlap. There was a maple leaf pin on it that was my Grandmother’s that I lent her as her something borrowed and an antique skeleton key that came from my Grandmothers. She had a lot of special little things like that, her something blue was a piece of flannel plaid jacket that was my Dad’s. She cut it from the inside of the pocket and sewed it to the inside of her dress.