WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kelly ~ Your story about the shirts is cute! My husband still has clothes he wore 30 yrs ago and clothes that his dad had when he passed away. But, we do share the closet pretty well. I don't have that many clothes either.

Have a great visit with your daughter's family. I am so excited for you.

Meg ~ Your story about the paper you wrote is also cute.

Allie ~ Sounds like you are surrounded by a lot of folks that count you as a special friend. That says a lot about you!

That's all I can remember...everyone have a peaceful and happy weekend.

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Whole Wheat Nursing :p:p:D

That sounds holesome.

Barbie: Don't Feed the Horses'

That tweaks the imagination! It begs to be finished. Don't Feed the Horses' Arses, perhaps. ;)

I went to a laundromat years ago and found this sign on the wall:

Absolutely No Dying

Karen in Virginia

:)Karen, you and I would have a blast going through life together reading signs.

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @1948peachy I think any decent higher ed job is super competitive!

@exermom I'm not great at limiting carbs, but some days are better than others. I had a habit of eating lots of fruit, especially bananas..and like crackers, GF bread, dark chocolate. cheese is low carb I think.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Health
    1. Write what I'm grateful for here daily✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    2. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week✔️✔️✔️✔️
    3.Track all ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    4. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week ✔️
    5. Average 1100 calories net average✔️✔️
    6. Lose 1-2 kilos/month
    7. Take measurements every 2 weeks (?) ]not yet
    8. Go to free coaching session ✔️
    9. Try one class per week at gym (I had signed up-annual sign up- for the 7 euros a month extra for classes and havent gone since the "zen" stretching classes weren't great.) ✔️
    10. Use city bike 1x a week (I also signed up many months ago at about 3-4 euros per month, there was no bike free the first time I wanted to use it and I had completely forgotten about it, it's not in my habits). not yet
    11. eat fresh leafy greens 4 days a week ✔️✔️✔️
    12. try skipping breakfast had breakfast at 10 ✔️✔️✔️xx
    13. less than 50 carbs ✔️x xxxx
    Long term writing
    14. Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project averagex x✔️xxx
    15. Produce at least 3 rough pages per day average xxxxx

Home
    14. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

Paper
    15. Make a list of short term tasks, etc and prioritise them, x
    16. Take care of at least 2 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week not yet
    17. Taxes not yet
    18. 1 h per week filing not yet

Art
    19. 1 hour on art project (other than sketching) per week not yet

Work
    20. do one work-related thing per week other than the above, to progress (I have to network and take initiative etc, in my job and I haven't been doing so much since focusing on thesis ) not specifically

Remaining from May to do some day : Make appointment with dentist 2

Grateful:
    slept ok
    weather ok
    some help
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Back to basics - going to give that a try here’s hoping we can master straws by 2 1/2yr s Old fingers crossed 🤞
    Silverware 🥄 still projectiles so hopefully by age 3
    Amber Tx

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    I'm eating out lunch and dinner today and dinner tomorrow. I'm torn between just letting it be an exception vs vowing to stay on the straight and narrow. I guess I can aim for a reasonable exception. Not entirely gluttony, but no way am I going to hit my fiber goal and stay under 1200. I've been very good; one weekend will not kill the program if I don't go crazy. Just worried about it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    yo peeps.

we got a thoughtful surprise in the mail yesterday. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the sympathy card it was very unexpected and so sweet.

it's killing me to ask but I know it must be from one of you cuz it says 'dear kirby and pip" no one calls me pip but when it's someone from here.

Vickyi and Steve in Nebraska, who are you... what's your screen name........
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did Belly Butt and Thigh DVD (this one’s on the ball). Not bad. The plan for tomorrow is to ride the recumbent bike.

Went to Hallmark to get ornaments we had ordered. Vince is really into the ornaments. In a few I’m going to go get honey. This man right down the street has hives in his backyard. How much more local can you get? Unless you have hives in your backyard. Then I’m going to pick up some corn. This guy has GOOOOODDDDD corn, so sweet. I know what I’ll be doing the rest of the day….taking the husks off and cooking the corn to freeze. I don’t want the sugars to turn to starch. Supposed to meet Jess and her bf so that she can get Shadow and I’ll probably give them some. Vince had diarrhea last night so he’s not going to go with me. He did go to get the ornaments. At the ornament preview they had candies and water. I admit, I WAS tempted by the candies, but I just had the water.

Meg – whole wheat nursing! I bet your professor got a good laugh out of that one

Terri – how well I remember that paper. Vince had to buy an Apple computer for Jess (she was only about 1 at the time). Any excuse….

Lisa – here in the bible belt the absolute best time to go shopping is on Sunday morning. Everyone is in church. Oh, there are a few “heathens” (I go on Saturday night), but not that many.

KJ – regarding swearing: I always told my kids “small minds use small words”

Kelly and Carol – Vince wears this bathrobe that was his father’s.

Bananas (Julie?) – feel better fast

Annie – you’re right, one weekend won’t hurt that much. Just watch what you eat and enjoy yourself.

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    My spell check story is from the late 90's. I lived in Southern California and worked for a very large, well established Civil Engineering firm. At one point I was in the department that worked for different county and city entities in regard to new electrical service to public street lights etc in housing developments being constructed. Needless to say the word "public" is used repetitively. If you accidentally leave the "l" out of public, spell check doesn't flag it, and you get..... yep "pubic". Fortunately, I had a lay-back boss at the time and he got quite a chuckle out of "pubic lighting" . I was a bright red. Thankfully, it had not gone out of the office like that. :#

Love you my friends,
    Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Back to basics - going to give that a try here’s hoping we can master straws by 2 1/2yr s Old fingers crossed 🤞
    Silverware 🥄 still projectiles so hopefully by age 3
    Amber Tx

There is no try. There is only do it not do.
    (Yoda-speak from Star Wars.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Kelly – my DH still has work clothes and dress shirts in the closet – most of them haven’t fit him for years. Your Tim’s concern about collars is likely a trait that made him so good at his IT job. My DH was the same way – so interesting to see how their brains organize all kinds of things. Safe travels to Lauren and family! Wish we could see the happy reunion tonight!

Heather – I’ve been spending the past half hour updating my datebook – I use a paper one, easier to access and flip pages. I took note of the events and things I had scheduled, and how GLAD I was the social things were over and even GLADDER at the ones I didn’t attend. Thinking about how much I love the planning and idea of doing things, but actually doing them…. Nope. So I have a new mental condition for your Jess to write about. I call it “Foreplay Syndrome”, lol. All talk and no action. >:)

I’ve decided this is de-clutter weekend. I found a big box of wound-care supplies in our closet from when DH injured his leg, plus have lots of feminine supplies stuck here and there (those days are long gone! Jeeze!). Our visiting nurses are glad for them. And still more bags for the mission and the thrift store. Feels good!

Katla - so sorry to hear about Arrow's laminitis. I know of so many horses around here who are confined to small pens and fed hay all spring and summer to avoid green grass or because they are recovering. Keeps the farriers busy. Is there another horse you can ride?

Looks like many of us have similar public/pubic typing error stories! <3>:):D

I find that not only has my handwriting deteriorated as I’ve gotten older, so has my writing – meaning grammar, sentence structure. I tend leave out a lot of words like subjects and sometimes verbs! Trained throughout the years to avoid extra keystrokes, some social media like Twitter are very finite. Nothing verbose allowed.

Back to clutter busting. I think I have DH talked into tossing a few things onto the pile.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    what's wrong with this picturedk8c1eao82me.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lanette: The quake north of Seattle might have been near our friend, Sue. She is on the east side of I-5 if I understand correctly. I’m not sure how far north of Seattle she lives. :star:

Luci WNC: Welcome to a great group. Post often and get to know us. :smley:

TerriRichards: The English language is a doozy, indeed, mostly in a good way. Here we all are, from all over the world, chatting happily. I’d call that a success. :star: I keep auto-correct turned off. :devil:

Rita: Stay cool and hydrated. Your health is important and especially vulnerable in super-hot weather. :heart:

Lisa: Great going with grant writing. Won’t it be a rush if you get the $100,00,000! :bigsmile:

The horse I have ridden for the past couple of years has a serious health problem and won’t be rideable for a long while. Someone let him out into lush green grass and he ate himself sick. The result is laminitis, a nasty hoof problem. He is under veterinary care and I hope it all works out well. My friend who owns him is sad and I don’t blame her.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Sorry to hear about the horse 🐎:0(