WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    @bananasandoranges ... Bonne Fete Nationale!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Julie-why is your alphabet missing it's x? Does this mean you have no ex? I am sure there is a joke to that; just not sure what it is? lol

Kids arrived at 8:30 last night. Joaquin was a little freaked out for a couple of hours, after the two days of driving, a stay in a hotel room then arriving here, to a place where people on the phone screen are suddenly in real life! But I gave him full access to my toys and we got pizza for a late dinner. He warmed up to Tim right away and was like a puppy crawling all over him. He remained a bit wary of me, even though we facetime almost daily. Lauren and I agree that he can sense how much I want him to like me and is keeping his distance. lol I will win him over eventually. It is really nice to see him lavish attention on Tim, though. Tim often feels "left out" because Lauren, Joaquin, and I facetime and talk so often.

Chappie the Wonderdog heard me up and moving this morning at 6, so I took him out for a walk already. He seemed to enjoy himself smelling all of the smells and lunging at small "invisible" animals. I really hope one of these mornings we see some deer. That happened two years ago, when they brought him up and it was the funniest thing I ever saw. He whined and made his little groaning talking noises as he saw it cross the path in front of us, then he whined and sat down behind me because I think the size of the deer scared him a bit. He just wasn't sure what to do...chase it? Bark at it? So he sat down.

Ooops! The boy is up! Going to give him some breakfast and take him outside to get in some pool and truck play before his mom drags him off to brunch with her high school girlfriends. Tonight we will have my older brother and his family over (his kids are teens), for a pork taco buffet. will try to get some pics today. ttfn xoxoxo KJ
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Picked up the corn, cooked it up. I must be getting better at this. It used to take hours, today it only took 2 hours.

Then went in the pool, got dinner ready, made chocolate bran muffins because I realized that I won’t have time tomorrow. We are going to meet Jess which means we need to leave around 9. Church tonight

Terri – how I wish we had a clothes line, but the HOA won’t allow it. I loved when we had one when we were in Stroudsburg. The clothes and the sheets came out smelling so nice. The sun would bleach the shirts if there was a stain

My handwriting had gone downhill the older I get, too

NYKaren – Vince was about to cancel the subscription to one newspaper. When he called to do it, they asked why. He told them the cost. Gee, we got a lower deal, so we’re going to stay with it

Bananas – too many days over

Sunday here: Rode the recumbent bike today. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of the S10MS slim and Sculpt Pilates DVD then take the extremepump class.

Janetr – lovely daughters, you have every right to be proud

Evelyn – I know when I first took a spinning class, I didn’t want to go to the bathroom afterward it was so uncomfortable. I did get myself a pair of cycling shorts. After taking spinning for a while I got to the point where I didn’t need the shorts. You’ll get there, too.

Need to get ready to go to meet Jess

Michele in NC
    Who doesn’t have time to proofread. Sorry for any typos
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Back from the Fiesta. Boy, you wouldn't want to be poor around here! The Fiesta is to raise money for the school, things like extra play equipment and a 'poverty fund' for kids who can't afford trips etc. Last year they raised £10,000. (It is a bilingual English/Spanish primary school )
    But I was surprised at the prices of some things, knowing how it can all add up. DDIL had allowed the older two £10 each to spend how they liked. It was fun watching them eke it out with their carefully thought out choices. I did think it was a big chunk of money though, with Bea's bits added on. I will post a pic from my phone.
    We live in a lovely place, but you need money to make the most of it. ;)
    I had a few spoonfuls of my son's paella and bought a very small taco for myself. Not too bad. The icecream I had on the way home added a few calories! >:):o Very much enjoyed it though as I was absolutely knackered and my hips and knees were aching.
    Making a chorizo and lentil stew for tonight. Broccoli with it.

KJ - It must be very confusing to see you 'in real life'. People shouldn't just appear out of screens, you know. >:)
    So happy you are all together. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Well went and fed DFIL he was a hoot this morning and ate everything.. then off in a few minutes to meet my girlfriends for breakfast.. I know I have to eat so I will have over easy eggs and bacon.
    Looking at tonight's menu . Will.probabky have a chef salad.. and ice water...will wear a nice outfit tonight..right now having some bottled water out on my patio.. weather is lovely and not 2 hot yet..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Evie - I never get tired of seeing grandmothers holding the new additions. The best feeling in the world! Thank you for posting this. <3 I'm jealous! I guess holding a sleeping puppy comes in a close second, and no diapers to change, lol.

Kelly - thinking of you and Joaquin and your long-distance relationship. I'll bet Joaquin will connect Grandma on the phone with Grandma in real life pretty quickly, especially now that he's rested up from the drive.

Kim - I keep forgetting to mention how proud I am of you for the way you handled your work challenge. You took a step and kicked the door open to the universe and now you need more hours in the day. :) And to think it all started with a misunderstanding about insurance.

I'm sure you mentioned here and I missed it - is your brother starting to fade more now? Is he in hospice?

On losing weight and where it shows up.... my FACE! I need to find a doctor who'll suck it from my belly and plump up my cheeks. :D

Decluttering is going great. Lots of boxes and bags are ready to get dumped off tomorrow. And I'm still not done, have the towel shelf to go through.

Regarding my eating plan, I fell off the wagon a few nights ago. Total calories weren't over my maintenance - 2100, but I hit the sugar and salt too hard. That pesky stuff is gone now and won't be replaced.

The good news is when I cleaned the closet, I found a couple pairs of jeans I had been unable to wear and tried them on... they fit great, not too snug. Love closet shopping.

OK ladies, make it a great Sunday. I need to head out and get some garden/lawn stuff done.

Lanette
    Sunny & beautiful SW WA State <3

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    A b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w y z
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

yf9y39ily9pm.jpeg
    I ljzdujukdj3x.jpeg
    ulb49u37c8bd.jpeg
    Rebecca & Kim N.Cali-
    JRs a fast eater who swallows doesn’t want to chew then couldn’t keep food down so that’s why their electronics at the table he slows down hasn’t lost his lunch since. If no electronics then a teddy bear,book,or crayons with paper.His table stuffs the hardest to master yet been sitting on a potty since 6months Old no issues with potty training except the well boys aim isn’t always spot on even as men lol. Talked early. He mastered the whole soccer game concept at a year old! Yet The Doctors we’re upset JR hasn’t mastered straws so determined by any next appointment to have him trained. All the other kids I raised were from abusive homes so I had to train basics to them to catch them up y my Daughter.This is the 1st kid to baffle me on Training meal tasks! We medically had to introduce his foods late at 1year Old was his first bite of soft baby foods #1 jars for 4months plus. His skin condition is so bad Dermatologist to our instincts said wait! Baby Doctors tried to push early food introductions until the skin diagnoses then of course acted like waiting was there idea 💡 (Giant eye roll 🙄 lol) . Silverware 🍴 he can get the food on the silverware but hitting his mouth turns a wee bit violent (picture missing mouth to it flying into my head ouch with him looking surprised 😯) .
    Straws he has a skin on his lip that attaches to his gum not sure if that’s why he has poor suction or not. Doctor 1 only wants the skin cut/ rest even dentist say leave it). They never 100% agree then wonder why I go my way lol 😂 my way works 95% of the time! Straws well he blows into it won’t suck.He turns down sippercup that require no to little suction.I breastfed him but his suction was so poor I kept getting engorged so turned to a pump to drain (I only made 1-5ounces per day but pumped until I bled!) . Had to move bottle nipple holes up to bigger sizes early for him. Still he’s 2yrs 4months now expectations versus reality moment we’re still struggling with straws! He has mastered cups but likes to throw it so use 360* cup y his favorite sippercup. I have baby thermoses that have trainer supper straws he can’t get those either or regular straw.We have been attempting straws since 4months even mother-in-law has tried. Doctor says it’s a missed milestone they see it as a red flag 🚩. Is it or is it not?
    Attempted so far
    1.Fun straw cups to trainer between supper straw hybrid cups
    2.Straw hold it out liquid into mouth 👄 but he’s going through a no nothing in the mouth unless He does it phase! Attempting this one again maybe it is a late bloomer issue just retry at the start.
    3.Kids to family using straws then letting him have their cups (make it look enticing).
    4.Left cup sitting in living room no one in room just my cell phone on FaceTime with us watching in another room. Just Incase it was a Don’t watch me thing
    5. We sucked practices air sucking then sucking on straw in front of him say your turn. He learned the noises is really convincing with the sound but he may not have the straw in his mouth well their see through straws with nothing going up so it’s a nice show but no results.

We took forever to master sippercups.I trained cup by giving him one ☝️ plus one in the tub 🛀 to practice y play with even bottle of water I’m sipping on regular screw cap kinds.Kindergarten here asks to send them a thermos with straw per kid. So besides doctors acting like it’s a must the school requires it at age 4. Would help when out y about to be able to grab a restaurant cup of water on the go. He was late learning plates y bowls but got those mastered now too. He finally a cleaner eater than he was but more boy version of clean eater lol.
    So straws y getting him to have better silverware 🥄 manners y aim is our last table mannerisms to master before a while from now when we tackle the high hair to booster or sitting in a seat 💺 without fidgeting to the floor wheeeeeeeee as JR would say lol.
    Our other issue is Balance he litterely has no perfect balance .He can stand watching a bird fall to the ground.Trips over his large feet.Well he can fall while sitting.It’s his height they checked equilibrium said talker the kid the more clumsy they are to harder to master walking to standing in a chair. We have balance bike 🚲,step stool for the sink, a lot of balance learning toys.Of course every time he gets better at balance he grows again we are back to balance training. At the play areas only found 1 Mom with an actual tall kid same age named Emilia (JR is named Emilio) lol what a coincidence they were a few days apart in age they have balance issues too.Think is talking made each other feel better since she gets the why is the big kid crying looks comments too! Lol the how do you like Kindergarten questions we get a lot! They don’t believe her either when she says my baby is only 2! Lol tall kids are better cuddlers tho like a big old marmaduke curled on your lap.
    Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Spring cleaning 🧹
    Daughter at next base expected to move a few more times this year so sending out address mail updates to family to say send to me(If they don’t like that they can wait a year for her more permanent address).

Ate out to home cooking 🥘 for Daughter visit for 2 weeks.
    Start weight 195
    Was before visit 164.6
    Now 171.2
    So now back to normal watched Calories like a hawk even at restaurants but was not excercising more watching movies to clothes shopping 🛍. Grocery store with Daughter to kids play areas for JR/Her to Bond (She took a Navy class about bonding with your toddlers when abroad she was the only one Their for a baby sibling but they were glad to have y teach her for her visits). She sends videos for him to watch y face times every blue moon.We have pictures up to Well her visit theirs mainly family movies for kids a few adult ones. She made sure to be involved play with him at the play areas.
    Today eating fish,salads with raw veggies, spinach cooked,y steamed jalapeños. Gone made 4oz tea y water. Going to eat same meal for dinner too. Going to be extra good y get back on my walking schedules.

Amber Tx

Today watching mail for new microwave!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    yesterday stat-

spin reverse, single leg crossover-53min, 96ar, 80w, 127ahr, 152mhr, 12.7mi= 532c]
    Apple Watch- 464c
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Pip the plant is some kind of Lily. Tiger lilies often have those black nodes. I didn't see any flowers on them. Do you have deer. Deer love lilies.

Tracey thanks for asking about our son. He is home and he had us over for a barb-a-cue tonight. Son and I went to what is called the Dragon Festival in the park close to him. They race boats that have dragon heads on them. Boats are what a crew team would race in. Last night we planted rose bushes along his garage. It seems when we do one project another project pops up that needs to be done before the project is done.

:heart: Margaret

no deer, live in town, fenced in yard
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Allie - the nursing home I work at is always short staffed for companions. The pay is really good and you set your own hours. The companions play cards or just sit with the residents.
    Also here in Alberta, they have patient sitters in hospitals that are hired through private security companies. The sitters stay with patients that are trying to pull out tubes, suicide watches, custody issues, Alzheimer’s patients that try to run, etc.

Lisa & Kelly - I grew up with no hot water in my house. A bathtub and hot water heater were put in after I was married in 1987. My grandparents lived next door and I bathed there a lot, mostly though it was sponge baths after boiling water in a kettle. A lot of people don’t understand how I grew up and it wasn’t in the way back days.

Sue - what a beautiful birthday celebration you had!

Terri - love your poem.

Still only up to page 30 and I feel like I’ve been reading for hours!