Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

stairclimber - 20min, 1495steps140ahr, 152mhr, lvl8, 95floors= 244c
    Apple Watch- 220c
    arm dip/chin up assist machine- 29.07min, 5sets of each, 10floor exercises in between, 131ahr, 157mhr, 330c
    Apple Watch- 280c

total cal 574
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Margaret - great photos! Your son is a cutie, great smile! Glad he's doing well and you are getting projects done on the house. That Chinese pavilion is stunning... imagine doing early morning Tai Chi there. B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! It’s a hot one today! Upper 90s, lots of humidity. I spent a while trying to get my sprinklers working. First it was a dead battery, which turned out to be the backup...we had a power surge the other day and I think it tripped the circuit because there was no power to the outlet. That took awhile to figure out, but now they’re going.

I didn’t eat lunch today. I just noticed that about 20 minutes ago, at 5. I am just not very hungry. Yay for phentermine. I lost 2.3 pounds last week, but I’m still above my last check in weight. Boo hiss. Knee is still painful so that makes exercise hard.

Machka: your pics are gorgeous and I loved the cartoon.

Connie: :O. Some one told me once to be very careful with what words I charted for drainage (pus) coming out of wounds!

Karen: the laundromat sign is the best!

Kelly: I had an aunt like your mother and she was fierce. Very strict and stern and would correct your grammar at the slightest mistake. Once when she was up in her 80s, she said something grammatically incorrect and I corrected her without thinking. Everyone looked at me like it was my last moment on earth until she busted out laughing. My mom was like that with table manners, but the consequence was being stabbed in the hand with her fork, or rapped across the knuckles with a knife. Not good tables manners on her part!

KJ: bwahahahahahah that’s too funny

Janet: I think if we had more pubic lighting, there might be far fewer teens screwing around! That is so funny!

Ginny: glad to hear you have made some peace with your husband’s death.

Sue: sorry for your loss!

Connie: that’s awesome!

Rural shutter/ A;: Welcome!

Heather: wow I’m glad you are ok. Let’s be generous….hubby was in a coma!

Bananasandoranges: what’s up with the alphabet? Are you angry? Vent away!

Katla: glad you are having some good days!

Evie: so cute!

Sueduz: I agree with Carol, and welcome aboard!

Everyone’s pictures are so amazing. I enjoy them all. Well I have chores to do. I have to go back to work tomorrow so I want to get some things taken care of around here. Take care everyone, Meg from Omaha

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    A b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w y z

Where is “X”?

Lol
  • kevrit
    Options
    Terri - your family vacation sounds like heaven. I am envious. I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Lanette - how do you convince hubby to get rid of things, mine is a cluttering and it drives me insane!
    r.

I agree with the cluttering DH! How do you get them to de-clutter?!?

RV Rita finished pg47
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Sue Fantastic pic, you are an inspiration!

Snowflake I journal everyday which includes listing goals, some are farfetched, some are completely easy and some are in between, sometimes it feels like I'm not getting anywhere, but really circling around them and looking for triggers to help me reach for things works for me. Sometimes it feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back but I list reaching out socially as a goal often enough that it made me want to take small steps like having someone over for lunch as a goal, not saying no to a lunch date, etc. Am I an introvert, yep, and always will be (hooray) but reaching out is okay too, just discovering that about myself.

NYKAREN
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    RV Rita- I start with things with holes 🕳 I don’t see them wear. Sock 🧦 here sick there blame the washing machine! Must be eating them! Cough* cough*. Toss old newspapers to stuff I know won’t be missed (Not a coffee can of screws it’s their holy grails!!!) . Act all crazy about cleaning start moving stuff I don’t want further y further into a corner look up in amazement if something’s said then simply say “That Junk?” When the snappy comeback comes “Well I only see my stuff in that pile!” I point to a bunch of my items that needed to go y the kids say well that wasn’t your dress 👗 was it? Lol I am similar to OCD about cleaning tho so guess they chalk it up to that. Was accidentaly diagnosed as OCD as a kid but it’s more the fact Mom y me have low immune system now JR with his skin breaks (severe eczema/KP) got to keep certain stuff clean or we got/get infections easily.The meds are terrible! I also put out big box marked donations ask hubby anything to donate? A few minutes later ask again.I forget a lot anyways so why not do it on purpose once in a blue moon to clean!
    Seeing me purge y hinting he hits his area hard.He has sheds for him only to junk up I don’t touch them.Too afraid 😱 of the giant raccoon in the one!
    Amber Tx
  • kevrit
    Options
    Finally caught up! amber in Tx thanks for your thought on cleaning the DH! Mine gets angry if I even go near his stuff!

RV Rita
  • suzduz
    suzduz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I know I don't eat enough protein. I need to work on that. I will have more for dinner this evening. Thank you!

Forgot to post my name: Suzanne, Western Washington
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Sue in TX gorgeous, outfit, gorgeous model. Thanks so .much for sharing your pictures.

Tracy, all of your hard work and planning paid off. Beautiful wedding pictures.

Evie your picture of grandma and grandbaby is priceless.

Heather, our beautiful little Bea has gone from baby to little girl. Your grandchildren are all so good looking. Thanks for sharing.

Meg in Omaha, I too have gotten some laughs from all our spell check misadventures. I mean you CAN'T make this stuff up :)

We have just returned from taking my daughter to the airport. I'm always sad because I know it will be way too long before I see her again.

Love you my friends
    Janetr OKC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Heather - I love the name “candyfloss” we call it Cotton Candy I agree with Bea it looks better than it tastes! ---- ok others what is it called where you live?

Snowflake – invite folks for dinner! I have company 1-2 times a week, just family dinner… especially invite a single person, I would love to be invited over, but no one does that so I just invite them here. I have had to come to terms with the idea that no one will invite me – they will just keep saying yes to coming here, and I always have in mind some thing they can bring if they ask.

Lanette - I don’t know if this would help DH with the drum set, but our local high school will take donations, the folks across the street had a drum set and the band director and a few kids came over and got it, the school was so thrilled.

Kim from N. California
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well busy busy weekend. Had a blast.. gonna work on some fancy maneuvering with work. And call the drs office this morning..
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Oh one other question... a friend was moving and gave me a bag of food she was not taking... in it 3 cans of sardines... what do you do with them? I have never eaten them, I asked my mom she said they are bait - so I should go fishing... but they are food -
    ???

Kim
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Kim - Some people eat sardines, I agree with your Mom. I think they smell awful!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Thanks for feedback on grief. I expect I will have times when it runs me over, but I am working on accepting that I feel what I feel.

Lisa—I prefer walking outside but am with you when it comes to heat and humidity. I have mine in my basement, so it is easy to get 30 minutes or so in before work. I am getting back to my lunch walks at work, so between the two that an easy 6,000 or so steps (I am working on changing up speeds on treadmill).

Machka9-I have a mini home gym-treadmill, bike, free weights. Not much for the idea of going to gyms-having equipment here takes away my excuses.

Suz—I think Carol gave good advice. Also, I am just a snacker so I plan my food accordingly.

Kim-my husband liked sardines, I could never tolerate them. You can always give them a try. . .

Accomplished much this weekend-weeding, cleaning, hung a picture. Actually did a short kettlebell routine (only 10 reps of each exercise, trying to start out sensible). Got my steps in today with 60 minutes intentional walking. Pleased that I am now staying steady with supermen. Planks are still a tool of the devil. Ashamed to say I can do one regular (on my toes) and a second from my knees, but it is getting easier to hold each for 30 seconds. May try for three next time.

Brother and wife in from Florida-got together with brother and SIL who live here for dinner. Had some good laughs.

Have a good rest of the day and a good start to the week.

Ginny in Ohio
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    Michele - I miss clothes on a line too, I don’t understand why so many places ban it.

Evelyn - what a sweet picture! How old is she now, I’ve forgotten her name.

Lanette - my face looks too thin when I lose too. My neck looks old too. I don’t know why it can’t leave my belly area!

Heather - those girls are adorable.

Suzduz - I have the same problem, I have found making sure I’m busy with a craft or project keeps me from snacking. Sitting in front of the tv doesn’t do it for me.

Okie - I am anxious to see the photographer’s photos she actually got in the house with us to get pics.

Finally caught up!!!!!

I know there was a lot more I wanted to comment on but was finding it difficult to keep it all straight.

I’m looking forward to getting back to a new routine this week. Starting my new job on a full time basis, having some nice weather for a change. Just looking forward!

Tracey In Edmonton
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Great pics, all!

Unfortunately, the treadmill was nonfunctional... It's now in the back of the truck for the next trip to the dump. However, got a workout anyway, as we got lots of underbrush and low-hanging limbs cut, and on the burn pit to dry out. Nearly 6 ft. high pile of branches filling an 8 ft. diameter pit.

Short weekend.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR