• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Beth - Thanks Hun .If theirs someway to make it easier for folks who’s having loading problems going to start posting spoilers or quote or code thinking their the same things not sure 🤔 tho.My Daughter the computer genius she grew up with the classes on it.I had classes but quickbooks to cashier Register training mainly.
    jxpdw8dtbeub.jpeg
    jea7nuqhkbkp.jpeg
    Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Have had a heck of a day..stopped at the drs to have him write a note for employment.
    I got 20 hrs a week the last 2 weeks and promised the 4th of July holiday.. ridiculous..
    I'm seriously thinking of having a chat with him tomorrow and laying it on the line...
    This is just getting rediculous
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    SpikeyHair- on the iPad is it all the photos? Just spoiler photos? Or the regular posted photos? MFP has issues lol 😂 guess will never get it perfect unless we’re all in the same devices.
    Amber Tx

Good news new microwave showed up! I have a microwave again!!!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    A lot of it has to do with the internet connections too. My phone is OK at home or at work but on the bus between the two the internet connection is patchy so some photos don't load here or on FB.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Monday again. The weekend went by fast. Had the birthday party for my great grandson on Saturday. DSIL is still holding on. She has not had dialysis for over a week and eating just bites here and there. DH is going to check on the car today. They have had it a week and it needs to get done.

Katla--Sorry to hear about your riding horse.

NYKaren--Glad your dinner went well and proud of you for getting out of your comfort zone.

Kelly--I enjoyed the closet story. I have my clothes in the spare room closet as our is so small. I have more clothes the last severa years since I do not have to buy the biggest size.

Pip--That would be me. I guess I forgot to put my name from here.

Heather--Several months ago when I was so sick with the flu and I got to coughing and could not catch my breath. I stood up and was gasping and DH was sitting in his chair playing a game on his phone. Never once looked. I was upset when he finally got up, his hearing is getting so bad. But I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it, and woke him up and yelled until I felt better. Next night I coughed just a little and he was right there. He pays a lot better attention now.

On the subject of sardines. My dad used to eat them on crackers and drink buttermilk. Several years ago a friend's daughter was getting married. Anyway father of the bride didn't like the family his daughter was marrying into. So him and my DH took sardines and dipped in chocolate. It was nasty and mother of the bride would not let them put them out. It was funny and still a joke to this day. The marriage ended in nasty divorce and the dad said if mom would of let him serve them it would of been over before it started.

Heat is terrible here today. So not walking home from work. Will wait until I can get a ride.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3

Thank you so much!!! Am up to $925 now!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    Very humid here today but I did get some work done in the yard. Went to a church potluck yesterday. Didn't really want to but went anyway. I guess I am glad I did. Did okay on eating. Made klafoutis with fresh cherries to take. The cherries are awesome here just now.

Lanette- We did feel the earthquake. I woke up to the bed shaking. The epicenter was not far from us in Lake Stevens. No damage just a few crooked pictures on the walls. We also felt a smaller aftershock that was fairly close to us.

Katla - So sorry to hear about Arrow. Laminitis is a nasty thing. Glad he will make a good recovery.

KJ - Enjoy your time with family!

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Not much new here. Down .8 this morning--first goal is 2 lbs. away. Will set new goal when I get there. Told my son I might go for another 10 or so and I can tell he isn't sure about that, he told me I was getting on the skinny side. Need to work on seeing me as I am now. Just into healthy BMI range but still see myself as much heavier. Going to continue with exercise and increase weights, toning may be what I am really looking for, but I know at 5'5" and 145 I am not in danger of being emaciated! However, that decision doesn't need to be made today.

Tired tonight, going to try to turn in early. I did make myself tidy up the kitchen and get the dishwasher going. Need to do some on-line shopping tonight.

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    DH out again for cricket. :s:(:'( I still have to finish my exercises. I've done the machines, but I have floor work to do plus weights. Then I should do my writing, but my motivation sinks when he is not here. I feel a bit stupid to be so dependent on him being around the house for my mood. I'm fine when I'm busy, or away, or with a friend. It's just when I'm alone at home.
    I feel I should be a stronger person.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Especially with my first husband, and less so with my current husband ... when they went away for a little while, that's when I would clean. Really clean ... like scrubbing out the cupboard under the kitchen sink and organising the cleaning products down there kind of cleaning. I'd try to get as much done as I could before their return.

My first husband had an amazing ability to be right where I wanted to clean, to panic if I started unloading a cupboard or something to organise it ("What are you doing?!?), and to create a larger mess in the area immediately around me.

My current husband is much better but can still get under foot when I'm in the midst of a major overhaul of a space.

So it can be nice to have a few hours to myself to turn on music I like (but he doesn't like very much) and tackle one of those "problem areas". :grin:

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.28min, 14.6amph, 140mhr, 1.57mi= 69c
    apple watch- 63c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 51.10min, 14.5amph, 152mhr, 12.34mi= 553c
    apple watch- 481c
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.16min, 138 mhr, 10.47min mi, .48mi= 68c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.23min, 9.50min mi, 144mhr, .44mi= 61c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.33min, 9.1amph, 150mhr, 2.51mi= 191c
    apple watch- 139c

total cal 942
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    Kate in UK - bouncy house and bouncy castle are both used here. I’m not sure why there is a difference.

Lisa - Egg sounds like a toddler who believes his mother can control everything!

Heather - I understand what you are going through when hubby is away. I find being alone very lonely. I can handle a few hours but that’s about it. I don’t know what I’ll do if anything happens to Rodger before me.

Terri - at least it was only one day, I have overate for 2 weeks now and I feel it!

Machka - if I’m on a deep cleaning binge my husband thinks I’m angry at him about something. Funnily enough I used to mad clean a lot, very rarely do I do it now.

Had a good day at work today I didn’t feel as panicked knowing I’ll be there all week and I at least organized my paperwork today. I need to figure out how to arrange my office so that it works best for me.

Logged my food today for the first time in 2 weeks. I have been lax and it shows in my weight on the scale and in how I feel.

I did walk to work today but I think it was a mistake with my hip hurting so bad. I got a ride home and will probably take a cab tomorrow.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Amber - thank you! The individual photos and cartoons you loaded in the spoiler format come right up. And it's not just you - over time I've noticed my PC has generally problems with more than 2 photos at a time that nearly anyone posts. Not sure if it's the file sizes, my Wi-Fi signal, MFP acting up or what. No worries about past photos, we are all learning here. I don't think many of us knew about the "spoiler" until Machka or someone brought it up last year.

Machka
    - I love your Flickr albums - so nice to have all of your photos in one central location, and more than once I've gone there to admire all the places you have lived. The cabin photos when you first moved to OZ are remarkable, you were a real pioneer woman.

I have a terrible time loading photos onto Facebook - I have to really reduce the files down to under 500 KB, something in the 300 KB range is better.

I "showed off" my de-cluttered side of the closet to DH, hopefully every time he looks at the big pile on his side, he'll feel inspired to toss a few things. B)

Lanette
    SW WA State where we've had cool temps and unexpected rain all day. We'll take it!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Suebdew - simply gorgeous! Very classy! You make me want to go shopping, lol.

Tracey - my DH really needs to unclutter his shop... he has shelves and shelves of drums and a huge drumset and has lost all interest in them. The other day I suggested calling a local auction house, he seemed interested so I wrote down the number. He hasn't called them yet. Sigh. And he hasn't contributed to the clothing pile... but I am sneaky and pulled a few things off the shelf he'll never miss. The wedding photos you posted are priceless. So cute your grandson with suspenders and that hat. He's going to be a heartthrob in another decade or so!

Suz
    - I agree, have a larger supper and really fill up on protein - maybe eat a little later. I have the same problem. :( Try to eliminate the unhealthy salty/sugary snacks and keep cut up veggies handy.

Rebecca
    - it's true, we are a stunning bunch! <3 How's the cleanse going?

Lanette
    Sunny & Warm SW WA State

I am processing like I mean business! I will have the cleanest innards on the island! And down a couple lbs!👍😁
    💖Rebecca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Got 39% of the monster grant done... Kinda loving their grant portal, which saves every 30 seconds, literally, and tells you where you've got to, percentage-wise.

Most small grant portals throw you out without warning, and you have to spit three times, cross your fingers clockwise and pluck three gray hairs off a teenaged mouse and burn them in a blue candle flame to get them to save your progress.

That may be a slight exaggeration.

But not much.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

You, my dear, never fail to give me my chuckle for the day. "teenaged mouse and blue candles" Ha!

Thanks for telling before I asked how you would know you were exactly 39% finished :)

Janetr OKC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Ginny, It helped me to not focus on my weight goal but on my newly acquired good habits. I also found it helpful to talk about my weight loss journey as little as possible to ward off well meaning friends and family members who had opinions that I didn't want to hear.

:)Lisa, you are amazing. I took part in some grant writing when I was working and I know how difficult it is and I always worked with a team of colleagues.

:)Heather I have many projects that are best done when I have the house to myself so I welcome those occasions when my husband is gone for a few hours. I also have podcasts, TV shows, and music that I like to listen to that he wouldn't enjoy so I can have them on when he's not home.

:)Tracey, best wishes for continued good feelings about your new job.

:) I worked extra hard in the yard this morning expecting that the rain would come by lunch time, but it still isn't here. Now the forecast says it will be here tomorrow afternoon so I'll have another dry morning for work.

<3 Barbie in NW WA