WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Another idea - when you get resume created, why not post it here and let the fabulous writers on this board proofread and tweak it :)

Lanette
    SW WA State

In a private message or maybe our group ... not here in this thread.

Way too much personal information in a CV for it to be broadcast to the general public. Remember, everything here is searchable and accessible by anyone.

Machka in Oz

Yep Machka, that's a better idea! <3

Lanette

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lol this is exactly why I won’t go in the malls ^ lol ours is terrible here litterely tank you in to their sales area.Never let you get away!

Kettle bells hurt some folks saw young folks wear knee tape to roll on pain meds .knee tape can be purchased from Walmart to amazon even.Usually in the fishing or weight equipment in stores anywhere men’s stuff is.
    Amber Tx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Jennie ~ Welcome to a great group of chatters. You don't have to comment on everyone's posts and many of us only check in with a smile and no comments. I love your pups. I have a 16 pound 10 yr old Pomeranian who thinks he owns us!

Janet ~ Thanks for letting me know about your knees. I still need to get my left knee done but the right one aches about as much as the left. I am doing the knees exercises I was taught at Ortho and have curtailed the gym for a while.

Amber ~ I commented to my DH yesterday when we were traveling to the car place that it was like playing dodge ball trying not to get hit by careless drivers. And, half the population around here never uses their turn signals.

Carol in GA
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Carol GA- thinking some people need to take driving school again after watching half of their bad habits. Lol 😂 But Is feel to sorry for the instructors 👨‍🏫 if they did.
    03gtridmujuu.jpeg
    ob13ss5343wp.jpeg

Starbucks under 200cal items one tea is 0cal . For anyone needing it . I drink a small Oreo Frappuccino for my Daughter visit wasn’t too bad 300cal range as a treat not every day .I wanted to try the 0cal tea but forgot what it was called in line so Daughter ordered for me lol darn brain fog . Words like Nonfat milk pooped from my head .
    1dqlaolmp7qb.jpeg

MFP also posted ordering at Tacobell,Mc Donald’s,y Dunkin Donuts since a lot of us eat on the go or kids wanting take out issues.
    Amber Tx

• trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Oh, Rebecca! i SO wish there was an affordable way to stay in some of the smaller towns in Japan! I’d love to hear the cicadas and the temple bell or gong, eat street food, go to a festival or two. I must get my mystery trip people on it. They seem to be able to work magic. Well, maybe not yet. I must pay for the Mexico trip first. My dreams get well ahead of my pocketbook at times. And hugs back, Rebecca, but aren’t you a bit afraid of a “SQUEEZE HYG” when you’re doing a cleanse? 😉

Sharon Near Seattle
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Oh, Rebecca! i SO wish there was an affordable way to stay in some of the smaller towns in Japan! I’d love to hear the cicadas and the temple bell or gong, eat street food, go to a festival or two. I must get my mystery trip people on it. They seem to be able to work magic. Well, maybe not yet. I must pay for the Mexico trip first. My dreams get well ahead of my pocketbook at times. And hugs back, Rebecca, but aren’t you a bit afraid of a “SQUEEZE HYG” when you’re doing a cleanse? 😉

Sharon Near Seattle

Yes I do miss Japan, with its intricate winding streets. I had a secret route to the train station that took me past old homes, with Bonsai trees out front. Its not the size of your garden, but how you tend it. If we ever decide to travel there it would be by military planes over a timetable of a month! Being retired military we can use MAC but we would get bumped and wait. Maybe we could wait for son to get leave, so it would be more definite in seeing him. I would hate to take the long trip there, only to find out the ship went out to sea at the last minute.
    Sharon I am more worried when I am lifting weights! Its quiet in the weight room, so one toot, or grumble would be heard most definitely! Its the grumbling with the 5 second warning that's the unsettling.side effect! Actually since I take them early in the morning, I am home when that happens.👍
    Saw the barebun run at your resort! How was the turnout? Weather good? I am such a cottontail!

💖Rebecca
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited July 2019
    Options
    <3 GREAT NEWS especially for those who this summer will be traveling 🧳 to family dragging us to restaurants!!! 🍱🥡🥢
    Found a location icon in Foods when logging them next to bar code scan one! So if at a restaurant you can easily access to log your foods! I needed this 2weeks ago to now lol 😂 oh well better late than never.
    6b757eczuj98.jpeg
    fdqq6lciz1br.jpeg
    mgarkidgmobg.jpeg
    Has a spot to filter amount of calories your viewing so you can see the ones you want! For premium members you can see protein amount Keto fans!
    Hope this helps everyone needing it this Summer since kids will flood out of schools soon to nice weather in spring to fall everyone starts trips to family visits around now.
    Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did Kelly Coffee Meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Cathe Friedrich Afterburn DVD.

After the dentist went to the post office, the ATM, home to vacuum, now will go in the pool. Rummikub tonight

Evelyn – how I wish that was all that it cost. ¼ cake cost almost $50. Yea, crazy, huh? Maria told me she was going to be getting pastries so that’s why I got a smaller cake. Fortunately, most of it was gone.

I can get so much more done when Vince isn’t around. He’s a procrastinator, I like to get things done in advance.

Carol and Karen in VA – when we had to have our washing machine replaced, the appliance guy told us to stay away from LG and Samsung. He said they were horrible with the customer service. I sure hope this doesn’t happen to you

Lynette – we’ve been doing the ceramics for a while now. I’ll have to check the date on one of my first pieces. I’ll do that when I go out to the pool since that’s where they are. Update: one of the first things I did was in 2014. So I’ve been doing this for 5 years

Allie – you’ve been given some great advice. Just grin and bear it for now

M – good point not posting your resume here.

Jennie – please don’t feel you need to respond to each and every post, just the ones that you feel like. We’re here for you. Come back and you’ll find that we are like-minded people who will support you thru thick and thin

Vicki – what happened (don’t know if you remember) is originally I painted Sally’s clothes in this speckled pink paint which I ordered. But what I got wasn’t as dark as the sample. So I asked if I can paint a speckled purple over it. They really weren’t sure if it would take or not. But I decided to try it…the worst that could happen is I have to ask them to re-pour the mold. Well, it isn’t perfect, but I think it looks OK. So I’m keeping it

Hot here, too. Went in the pool (what else)? We have this wasp, hornet and yellowjacket trap. Someone on Amazon posted that their attractant while expensive really didn’t do a whole lot and they suggested using applejuice. Well, the only problem I find is that I have to clean out the trap just about every day because there isn’t room for any more bugs!

Rummikub tonight. Need to leave early to take the supplies and my games. Remember last time I was told they weren’t going to be providing supplies if it’s held in people’s homes. Well…this isn’t a home so why they took all my supplies is beyond me. Then they had to give them back to me. Stupid.

Michele in NC