WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather When did you start taking Swing lessons? Has it been about 6 months now? Do you think you'll continue with the lessons in September? I love Swing and Carolina Shag. Soooooo fun!!!

Karen in Virginia
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    rqytg18piwc1.jpeg
    yeuyhce328xy.jpeg
    eoembgrolp8i.jpeg

snmlxyj55ija.jpeg

Heather UK - During high tea we had homemade biscuits/soda crackers with homemade jam,sardines with toast (hated it then now like my mom love it 😍 ),y cucumber sandwiches on white bread cause mom hated all others lol. Later I made mom mint cookies for it.Doesn't feel the same having high tea since she passed. Daughter wasn’t into it after she turned 6 she was too Tomboy lol. I just have my spot if tea with my meals now so gave away my tea sets. Now I regret that so hubby bought me regular glass tea glasses ...he tried.

Kitchen Spring Cleaning going great so far next tackle bakers rack! Tossing expired stuff to used up left overs. Wiped it all down with bleach y Lysol multipurpose cleaner (Got to add the bleach Lysol ones a disappointment!)
    k9agpihann74.jpeg
    chymt1hu6vi4.jpeg
    yo06spkx94bd.jpegdm44vfgo4n29.jpeg
    alo1wwnzhzop.jpeg
    5i8b736ddffr.jpeg

Everyone’s hiding they know I’m in spring cleaning mode! Even the neighborhood cats running afraid I’ll toss them in the bin! Lol 😂

Amber Tx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    KIM DH and I love sardines on toast I eat every bit as good for your bones but he removes every scale and bone. He does the same with canned salmon even though I tell him you need to eat all of it.
    :'(
    Having a problem seeing some of the pics on my ipad, will try on my phone, not sure what's wrong they show as question marks.

SUE you look gorgeous

Found it funny to hear that what we call Bouncy Castle is called Bouncy House LOL

Welcome newbies

Kate UK <3

Kate
    - I also leave the skin & bones in when I eat sardine or canned salmon. Sometimes can find sardines packed in mustard or tomato sauce. Omega-3's, ladies!

I too have been having problems accessing this group when what I assume to be many large photo files are posted, so I skip pages when this happens - am probably missing a lot. :'( Not sure if it's an MFP problem or my Wi-Fi connection. One photo per post seems to come through fine, more than that - it bogs down.

Suggestion - could these groups of large photo files be posted as "spoilers"? Not sure if it's easy for those of us to do if we're not on PC's.

Some of you ladies do this and it is much appreciated, makes this group a lot easier to follow. And not so daunting to catch up on if we've been off for a few days. B)

Have a great week, ladies!

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Michele: Thanks for your good thoughts. I’m happy about Arrow, too. His owner is very happy. It will take time for him to recover, but he will recover. Yay!!! :star:

Barbie: I am looking around my desk and seeing a load of clutter and it is ALL my fault. Time to clean up. :embarassed:

(((Heather))) Perhaps you will be able to find an activity that will keep you interested and happy while your DH is away watching cricket matches. How far are you from the beach? A lovely long walk on the beach would be a nice way to fill time and charge your energy. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Congrats on a great day of exercise! :star:

Yesterday was a warm day and we wandered down to Old Town to find a street party in progress. There was a band with performers on stilts, and people dancing in the street. A brew pub on one side of the street and a restaurant on the other side teamed up to create the occasion. It was fun. After a bit we decided to walk home and enjoy some time on the deck.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    KIM DH and I love sardines on toast I eat every bit as good for your bones but he removes every scale and bone. He does the same with canned salmon even though I tell him you need to eat all of it.
    :'(
    Having a problem seeing some of the pics on my ipad, will try on my phone, not sure what's wrong they show as question marks.

SUE you look gorgeous

Found it funny to hear that what we call Bouncy Castle is called Bouncy House LOL

Welcome newbies

Kate UK <3

Kate
    - I also leave the skin & bones in when I eat sardine or canned salmon. Sometimes can find sardines packed in mustard or tomato sauce. Omega-3's, ladies!

I too have been having problems accessing this group when what I assume to be many large photo files are posted, so I skip pages when this happens - am probably missing a lot. :'( Not sure if it's an MFP problem or my Wi-Fi connection. One photo per post seems to come through fine, more than that - it bogs down.

Suggestion - could these groups of large photo files be posted as "spoilers"? Not sure if it's easy for those of us to do if we're not on PC's.

Some of you ladies do this and it is much appreciated, makes this group a lot easier to follow. And not so daunting to catch up on if we've been off for a few days. B)

Have a great week, ladies!

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State

When I post my photos on Flickr I post reduced size photos ... most are down around the 300-500 KB size. The originals are several MB and I never post those ones online ... probably a throwback to the days when I was building my website and limited space so my photos had to be under 150 KB each.

And then from Flickr, I try to go with the smaller sized options ... so I hope they appear all right without bogging things down. :)

If a person felt the urge to see more photos and larger photos, a person could go to my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

alrx8uljwujx.png93q0samy6msq.png

However, if they are bogging things down, let me know and I'll pop them in a spoiler. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Thank you so much for this thread Barbie. I'm just starting back on myfitnesspal after being away for a few years. Unfortunately in those few years I've regained about 18 lbs so I'm looking to find support and make some new friends. I recently bought a rebounder and I'm having a lot of fun with that and I'll be continue to learn new routines throughout July. I'll also be doing a lot of walking and bodyweight exercises. I'm also looking into joining the gym across the street because I'm interested in weightlifting.

Pamela, Ontario, Canada
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Machka Oz y Lanette- How does one post a spoiler? Still learning computers didn’t touch my first one until I was past 30yrs old.
    I post on my iPhone not even sure how to get on this app through a computer or if I remember my password. I hate that this app doesn’t allow user to delete their posts if they want to. My cell I can’t figure out if it has reduced size not sure if that can only be done on computer or not???

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited July 2019
    Options
    q7ibc51kiec1.jpeg
    Think I found the spoiler B I then it’s the weird music 🎼 looking symbol then posted pic in the middle did it work? If it worked should be a picture from when I was 35 lol back in the years before JR . Yes I took the picture with the Tracphone in my hand lol
    Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Machka Oz y Lanette- How does one post a spoiler? Still learning computers didn’t touch my first one until I was past 30yrs old.
    I post on my iPhone not even sure how to get on this app through a computer or if I remember my password. I hate that this app doesn’t allow user to delete their posts if they want to. My cell I can’t figure out if it has reduced size not sure if that can only be done on computer or not???

Amber Tx

I use a laptop to post 95% of the time.

This might work on a phone too, I'm not sure ... anyway you use the word "spoiler" like this ...

[ spoiler ]

Whatever you want to post

[ /spoiler ]

But without the spaces on either side of "spoiler".

Hi!

M in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited July 2019
    Options
    M in Oz - Thankyou! Not sure why mine posted first I read yours then posted lol
    zweamr3vgqrk.jpeg
    It’s MFP y sometimes connection ,sometimes both for me other times mine opens no issues I enjoy looking at the travel fotos again y again. Especially the cruise ones to travels .My Aunt in her 90’s reduces hers but I can’t seem to on iPhone so I send her messages no photos. She’s a bird watcher going rv camp to rv camp with her older husband they say the WiFi at many she can’t open any pics.
    Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Amber, You're right that you can't delete a post, but you can delete everything in the post except for one letter or symbol and it will post looking almost empty.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym this morning for yoga and rode the exercise bike long enough to burn 100 calories. The class schedule was wrong and there was no yoga this morning! They have a corrected schedule available now and I brought one home.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,388 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Another weekend of just keeping the status quo. My mom seemed to do really well over the weekend. Today, she is very tired. I know I’m being emotional, but I hate the direction this seems to be going.

My daughter and I went to the gym together last night. We had so much fun together! I’m hoping she goes with me tonight.

Connie in KY
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Monday again. The weekend went by fast. Had the birthday party for my great grandson on Saturday. DSIL is still holding on. She has not had dialysis for over a week and eating just bites here and there. DH is going to check on the car today. They have had it a week and it needs to get done.

Katla--Sorry to hear about your riding horse.

NYKaren--Glad your dinner went well and proud of you for getting out of your comfort zone.

Kelly--I enjoyed the closet story. I have my clothes in the spare room closet as our is so small. I have more clothes the last severa years since I do not have to buy the biggest size.

Pip--That would be me. I guess I forgot to put my name from here.

Heather--Several months ago when I was so sick with the flu and I got to coughing and could not catch my breath. I stood up and was gasping and DH was sitting in his chair playing a game on his phone. Never once looked. I was upset when he finally got up, his hearing is getting so bad. But I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it, and woke him up and yelled until I felt better. Next night I coughed just a little and he was right there. He pays a lot better attention now.

On the subject of sardines. My dad used to eat them on crackers and drink buttermilk. Several years ago a friend's daughter was getting married. Anyway father of the bride didn't like the family his daughter was marrying into. So him and my DH took sardines and dipped in chocolate. It was nasty and mother of the bride would not let them put them out. It was funny and still a joke to this day. The marriage ended in nasty divorce and the dad said if mom would of let him serve them it would of been over before it started.

Heat is terrible here today. So not walking home from work. Will wait until I can get a ride.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Barbiecat- Yeah But I think it only allows 1 hour to do it after that mine doesn’t allow me by iPhone to edit or change .Id go back add the spoiler to all my stuff if I could.
    wv1jbjuf4okf.jpeg
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Amber ... no worries about the photos. I enjoy seeing them whether someone puts them in a spoiler or not. Unlike the others, I've not been having any problems scrolling through the pages. MFP can be weird that way on how it works.

Beth