WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Meg, The only time I have ever used paper plates in my own home was when we were in an RV park and had to make the water in the tank last for a week. I needed to use water for washing me much more than for washing dishes.

:)Connie, I just read this line in the novel I'm reading---"Her family loved her--both the ones she had been gifted with biologically and the ones her heart had chosen". I thought of you.

<3 Barbie in cool NW WA

Barbie -what novel are you reading? That is so sweet!

Connie in KY
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Meg, The only time I have ever used paper plates in my own home was when we were in an RV park and had to make the water in the tank last for a week. I needed to use water for washing me much more than for washing dishes.

:)Connie, I just read this line in the novel I'm reading---"Her family loved her--both the ones she had been gifted with biologically and the ones her heart had chosen". I thought of you.

<3 Barbie in cool NW WA

Barbie -what novel are you reading? That is so sweet!

Connie in KY

:) The book is called "Killer Gourmet". It is one in a long series by G.A. McKevett about a woman from Georgia raised with her many siblings by her Granny. She is now a private investigator in Southern California. I love mysteries with interesting women investigators.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    🍁
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Well I started well eating didnt finish well. But I'm sure will sweat most of it off tomorrow lol
    Watched Bohemian Rhapsody.. it was awesome...
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    igcndyzpzk6j.jpegmd8svg47ftv1.jpeg
    Anyone here use homesciencetools company in the past couple years? I used to buy for them for my Daughter now needing to buy for JR soon. I checked BBB they have zero complaints still. Their the ones my Daughter kept begging 🥺 for the dissection kits decades ago. $8 shipping but noticed they still sell slides to travel handheld microscopes including Doctor type models to kits. So far buying from companies in the past have been crap shoots! Rocks to bugs you name it. Got a lot of her stuff still but needing things to go with them that have been used up like the brine shrimp eggs!

Downloaded on his eye pad a word phonic game yesterday he has it mastered already so check mark for finding one that caught his attention span! Bought more Chris Ferrie books 📖 since he took to them he own Quantum physics already so buying organic chemistry,Newtonian physics,General Relativity,y Tocket Science. Here’s hoping he likes them too it’s not just the one book only lol 😂 can’t read a 2yr olds mind.
    Amber Tx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    allie - I watched Bohemian Rhapsody with my friend and mother in law the night after the wedding. I agree it was an awesome movie.

Pip - what an awesome gift.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Rebecca

Wait.

You bought 49 meals for $81?

Whaaaaattt???

You totally rock!

Karen in Virginia

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Rebecca

Wait.

You bought 49 meals for $81?

Whaaaaattt???

You totally rock!

Karen in Virginia

Well we bought cereal for breakfasts for us, bread and Turkey for sandwiches for me. He bought some canned items for his much as $7. I think I had half of the items already on hand. One of the meals is pork chops $2, breaded $2 with scalloped potatoes $3. None of my meals are over $10 for everything.
    💖Rebecca
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    katiebug love my 3-Qt IP. I use it quite often, oatmeal, rice, yogurt, broth, apple sauce, steaming veg and making hard boiled eggs to just list a few.

Stay cool and safe everyone.

NYKAREN

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,896 Member
    Options
    Saturday -- busy day!!
    • Wordpress meeting
    • Shopping
    • And then a bicycle ride outside ... all with my husband.

We came home, unloaded the car, and then I rowed and walked briskly on our treadmill.

Cycling: Margate Meandering ... 42:48 min ... 11.40 km distance ... 61 m elevation

Walk: Treadmill Walk ... 22:00 min ... 2.00 km distance 21 m elevation

Rowing: 10:16 row ... 10:17 min ... 1,564 m distance ... 0 m elevation

48329410432_3e953f9c67_c.jpg

48329410292_96f1628fd1_c.jpg
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    d5nvbai5rvaq.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    It's Saturday!!

So glad MFP seems to be back on track.

Machka - thank you for sharing your photos and for finding Barbara AHMOD. Even though she's not back on here yet, it's good to know she's trying. We have Windows 7 on all of our PC's, but I refuse to upgrade to 10. Used it a bit at work and now at the MG Plant Clinics and to me, it's not user friendly at all.

I ordered a 10" Fire tablet during the Prime sale, which will cover my birthday and Christmas gifts. B) Android seems to be a fairly stable OS - I can access a lot of things on my 7" Fire tablet that just get bogged down on this PC. So, PC will be relegated to banking, Word and Excel stuff. New tablet should be here Tuesday.

Amber - I really enjoyed that article about Middle Aged Puberty. :D Very good - I'd never thought of it like that.

Meg
    - do all of those shoes still fit? :p Do you have a "shoe closet?" I still have a few pairs left that I'm sure I'll never wear now that I'm stuck with orthotics. I totally understand why older gals wear running shoes all the time and to every event. Here I thought they were trying to relive their childhood.... nope, their poor feet hurt. :'( And those running shoes are the only comfy shoes they own.

Karen in VA - what a great way to spend your birthday! Those mosaics were fascinating. Does your brother still paint a lot? He is truly gifted!

Heather - cute photo of Bea's show. So neat that you are now living close enough to them to be able to attend functions like that. And, I am envious of the butcher shop/deli! I believe I can smell all of the aromas over here B) That's one thing I miss about Seattle - there were a few similar shops-in the families for generations (Italian) I'd frequent when I could run around on my lunch hour.

Viv - how exciting for you to have lottery winnings to spend on your kitchen.

So I went to the doctor yesterday to see what's up with the lesion beside/in my belly button. She said it might be a stitch or staple from my surgeries trying to work itself out, she said she's seen that before. She ordered a soft tissue ultrasound to see if anything shows up. If not, I may need a CT scan.

Make it a great weekend, my friends. <3 Stay cool!!!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I liked the article too send it to a girlfriend. She had some bad days recently especially at work (Jobs don’t always accommodate our old lady issues with grace but they did sent her home to shower y change clothes). Part of getting older.

Still deciding whether to get JR some stuff now or later from the catalog I ordered.Afraid if they ever close then what? I don’t know any other good ones to buy microscope slides of lungs to arm pit glands . Just hate that I don’t know if they’ve gone down hill over the last decade or still good.
    Anyone know any good sites to buy educational items for kids? I’m trying to get JR to a 3rd grade level for kindergarten. Might allow him to skip grades not sure yet .Worked our not skipping for Daughter but things have changed they may not offer high school classes for elementary kids who need stimulation anymore in our town.
    Amber Tx