WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla, I hear you on trying to do what's best for husband. I think honestly, if I wish to see Athena it will be busing down there and home, like I did in June. Husband does not like to travel far from home. Holiday traveling is just not fun in general because of the lousy weather. 💖
    Rebecca
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    These are the travel salad bowls I bought from VA Hospital to Walmart (VA can’t do online their go there only added exact one sold by Walmart/eBay/amazon or similar cause a few I bought in the 80’s lol.A few I want.
    For UK 🇬🇧 (eBay found one ) For USA 🇺🇸
    Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rita I think that might be a male praying mantis exhibiting mating behavior. Not absolutely sure...
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Weight Loss Isn’t numbers for everyone. Some folks the numbers go up,some down, y some stay the same but their body changes! Measurements are key your neck can go down an inch,face slim,y back stop looking like it needs a bra yet numbers may stay the same or go up. Your exercise to healthier eating can cause muscle gain easily in some but not in others.Another person works their buns off to get the muscles you easily get. My diets been for 2 1/2yrs I’ve lost only 30lbs but I’m eating healthier y exercising differently recently finally my measurements have moved 0.5-1inch! My double chin is gone face looking younger y more.Seeing changes even if scales a creeping.
    gndunuscebzm.jpeg
    bwfhartiqko1.jpeg
    6eajksy2r5wu.jpeg
    o61v1n96ff1p.jpeg
    1128juri5ewz.jpeg
    a81t0lux3djb.jpeg
    5cpmy401b6w1.jpeg
    wb8kvvb2qh8c.jpeg
    uhph31ncazgd.jpeg
    awih3sebkwb7.jpeg
    5yo9h6yzy3mp.jpeg
    5sy3807ix8j6.jpeg
    Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

lateral machine- 15min, 73ar, lvl7, 131ar, 152mhr, 1.8mi= 163c
    Apple Watch= 145c
    arm/chin up assist machine- 17.43min 4sets of 10 ea, 131ahr,152mhr, 55#assist, 8diff floor exercises= 1790c
    Apple Watch- 152c
    jump/skip, exercises- 10.30min, 139ah, 158mhr r= 140c
    Apple Watch= 124c
    outside walking, Apple Watch only- 2.5mi = 103c

total cal 585
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Praying Mantis comes in different colors even purple ones. 2300-2500 species catalogued so far.They match their surroundings some change colors some stay the same find Bush to tree that matches them. Some look like leaves 🍁 Different breeds different colors.The males are smaller. I want to see a purple lotus mantis someday if I can. Also want to see this one white breed that can change colors to match everything it touches! A bug enthusiast dream come true I’ll tell you what that’s what zoos should carry instead of spiders 🕷!
    rtzdiwpj4qx5.jpeg
    Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of training games on the Wii. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of 10 Minute Solution Slim and Sculpt Pilates then take the extremepump class

How very very true it is what Barbie says “you need to plan”. Usually I have my breakfast all planned out. Didn’t last night, was too busy and then tired. Well, I’m paying for it now. I was so hungry that I had toast with cream cheese on it. I guess today is a wash but I AM going to try being more mindful.

Barbara – good for you turning away from those elephant ears

Am making a meatloaf for us to have next week and realized that I’d bought twice as much meat. Well…I’m just going to make two meatloaves. That much less that I have to make. Then I’ll have to make cookies for Vince and it’s about time to take some to the gal who lets me go to the Y for free.

Katla – oh, trust me, one of my tenants is that it’s a mortal sin to pass a rest area and not stop in to use it…lol

AnnieD – I even bring my own food to a ball park. Interestingly, the AA team’s ballfield that’s near here is quite strict about bringing in outside food. The first time I did it I used a cooler figuring they woudn’t be real strict. Hey, even Daytona Speedway isn't. But they were. So I told them I needed the food for “medicinal” purposes. Yea, right. Ever since then I’ve used my “going to the movies” pocketbook. It’s not fashionable at all, but it’s big and fits my food and water. Works for me.

Sharon – how wonderful!

Meg – I admit that I’ve never gotten distracted driving when I’ve been drinking water. I do have a large cup and refill it only at rest stops (I usually bring extra bottles of water with me because many times the water fountains at rest stops aren’t working). I may have some dried fruit if I’m sitting in traffic or at a light, but not while I’m driving.

Michele in NC
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Quite the variety of topics today--praying mantis (yes, he does look a bit strange, but they are unique little critters).

Empty nest at the holidays-my youngest still comes for Thanksgiving (cooks the meal with me) and Christmas, see the steps at some point, face time with others, I just figure it out now holiday by holiday.

Avoiding the temptations and potlucks-those are never ending at my work. We are having a lunch for my admin assistant who is returning from honeymoon (they had small, private wedding). Menu is stuff like coney dogs, pasta, chili and some unknown side dishes. I am brining the hot dogs-got all beef and I know the calories. Figure I can have one of those and a bit of chili and am taking my preplanned snacks. I am getting to be pretty good at not letting others shame me into eating, but finding something reasonable so I can join in. Like someone else says, at times I will have just a bite of different things. Easy for me to turn down carbs in the middle of the day--I get too sluggish in the afternoon.

Had restful Sunday. Got in a couple of walks, rest of meal prep done, house tidied up. Feel ready for the work week.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    ///
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    🍁
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Kate mfp is giving me fits on my iphone, suddenly logs me out mid-diary entry, then takes its own sweet time letting me log back in. Foo. Laptop ok so far.
    Karen in Va, had lots of nosy questions and unasked for opinions...but will accept the statement that the inlaws love the grands and want what's best for them. At worst you'll have an excuse to visit France, hope they live where it's warm and not in the city.
    Machka your pics of that beach are deceptively beautiful, hard to remember that it's winter and chilly.
    Tracey that is exactly why we won't call fish and game. In Oregon "habituated" wildlife is not relocated, it is destroyed.
    Sharon hurrah for fewer meds!!!
    KJ caterpillars like babies that don't cry or have smelly diapers. LOL!
    Kim ((hugs)) Sounds like your abuser has terrorized your family into excluding you. Hope you can forgive them when he's finally gone.

Couldn't make myself start the goop project, procrastinated in the hot tub instead. Tomorrow!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    will update these later too, haven't been keeping up on my metrics. Meditate 0/31, knee exercises 0/31, CO>CI 5/31, vits+rx 3/31, play with Tumble 2/31, AF 2/31, steps: Tues:5770, Wed:3425 :{ Thur: 5949 so far
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for July: consistency.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Michele, you wouldn’t get a distracted driver ticket for drinking water while driving unless you broke another law in conjunction with it. If you were speeding, or if you rear-ended somebody. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I think most people can take a drink of water without breaking another law at the same time.

On the other hand, if I can see a police car, I’m gonna wait to drink my water! No point in tempting fate.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Depends on your state cops 👮 drinking coffee next to our truck while I sip water at the light just tops the hat wave 👋 keeps going. Of course I’ve also seen an older cop 🚓 asleep 😴 in his cruiser in the shade Daughter me just giggled as we drove by.

Kim NC- Some churches offer a Christmas meal for those without families to be able to eat as a group.It’s not a religious event just eating with others our age groups y up who’s lonely.Check into it Their a real hoot used to take Daughter go to help in their kitchens. I knew folks who took a cruise 🚢 to trip on Christmas for themselves went to events to meet others like singles cruise to hitting a play of the nut cracker. I celebrate December 24th Christmas Day to us y 23rd is New Years. We sleep in on the 25th.
    I knew a Woman in my Dominos group back in the day (played train) who would come back in January flashing her pictures of train trips to cruises even out of country trips visited everything she wanted to see she would sign up for snorkeling to other group events the hotels had.So we froze our buns off she was sitting in another country sipping wine 🍷 in vineyards to snorkeling with singles groups. She even brought someone home with her their still married now lol started off as singles group to travel buddy to friend for years then married. Lol he had been forced to go on a singles vacation by his family he ended up with a wife from it. Told him he should have Read the fine print in the brochure lol 😂. He was great at dominos too good. Lol they met trying out a shuffle board type looking court.
    She had the same issue as some of us abusive family to avoid during certain holidays y not wanting to be alone. He also used to hang out with friends. Christmas Birding Tours are a big deal a lot of folks get together for these my one Aunt y Uncle attend every year.

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Barbara We do have some worries about the grandchildren moving to France. It's OK to opine and ask snoopy questions, fire away. You are very astute...

Kim, it hurts my heart that after all of these years, you don't have a Christmas haven. :'(

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Going to be in a rush today with my visitor arriving. I'm mainly looking forward to it. :D I hope to get the main cooked this morning and get a walk in by the sea this evening with her if the weather is kind.
    Tomorrow I will be very nervous, but so will all the others. It will be fine. Deep breath.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER hope you enjoy your friend's visit and the reunion.

Christmas as some of you know DH and I spend 3 weeks in Benidorm Spain. We love it, the family all accept it and we hopefully we will carry on while we are able to travel.

Still knitting socks but no sewing on the go. I am missing it but really don't need any more clothes. Don't think I'd have the patience for quilting

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    up early having my tea, fed the birds and Alfie and will watch Joyce then, hop in the shower..
    well i returned the cable boxes but still can't get mine running ,so have to have someone come out again tomorrow and get them going.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Sue Thanks so much for Frosty Paws recipe.