• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    s8xsj3fa6yo1.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Katla - what a mess! I hope the dealer is reasonable and willing to hear you.

Kim
    PS Katla, thanks for the kind words.... :)<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Day is over with my visitor. She's gone to bed. All went well and I got 350 extra calories walking in. Good job because we ate and drank well.
    Tomorrow I'm going to take a rare day off from exercising. We have to leave the house in party finery before 10 am, so I will need to get ready and compose myself. DH is going to drive us to the station. :D Rain is expected.
    One day won't kill me. ;)
    We bought our train tickets when I collected her today, so no worry about queues.
    Hope I sleep tonight.

Katla - I do meet up with people at the dancing class etc but what I miss are real deep, one to one friends. The ones who get you and are your buddies through thick and thin. Who love you. I still see those kind of friends, but we have to travel to see each other. I have always had one or two really close friends nearby and miss that. My cancer friend who died recently was a deep friend. For me those friends are as important as my husband. In the book I am reading about introverts, she calls them 'move the body' friends. Ones you could call to help you move the body of someone you had inadvertently killed!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    cs84sqtz5ojl.jpeg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tomato suggestions. Miracle Grow potting soil may be the issue. Live and learn!

RV Rita
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    I am a more of an extrovert living with an introvert so I have changed a lot over the years. I would much prefer going out and doing things but if I want to be with him I need to stay home. I have learned the art of compromise over the years, I go out with friends or invite them to visit. I have a couple of those “hide the body” friends and Heather I can’t imagine losing one of them.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

day 6
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.22min, 12.8amph, 135mhr, 1.56mi= 72c
    apple watch- 64c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 51.22min, 13.8amph, 146mhr, 11.80mi= 496c
    apple watch- 426c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.52min, 144mhr, 9.52min mi, .49mi= 67c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.25min, 9.46min mi, 144mhr, .45mi= 57c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.18min, 8.8amph, 155mhr, 2.53mi= 190c
    apple watch- 140c

total cal 882
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Took the car to Les Schwab this morning to get new shocks and struts. The old ones were shot and causing uneven wear on the tires. I can't decide whether to sell the VW and just keep the truck, I need it to haul the horse trailer or keep the VW as a backup car. It is paid for but there is maintenance and insurance. I keep waffling on this decision. DD has her own car. Teaching water exercise at the YM tomorrow.

We planted cherry tomatoes this year and used compost from our pile to mix in the soil. We have nice looking tomatoes but the slugs eat them as soon as they start to turn ripe. I put epsom salt around them and that has usually worked but seems everytime I put some down it rains and washes it away.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Sue - Is the cost of maintenance and insurance more than a cheap rental would be if you needed it as a backup?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    Options
    >>>>
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of the 10MS Pilates Slim and Sculpt DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Essential 12 Minute Workout DVD. This is a new one, so we shall see how it goes.

Kim --- how I wish you could come here for Christmas. Hey, maybe you can. Where in VA are you? Jess lived in Reston. Actually, she’s been there almost all summer (I can understand --- who wants to spend their summer with their parents?) but is supposed to come here today (she needs to sort thru her room here and her storage unit and identify what she wants to take with her)

Kate UK – Personally, I don’t find quilting to be relaxing at all. I know a lot of people do, but I don’t. I look for every excuse in the book to put off quilting something until I absolutely have to do it.

Lanette – I remember seeing this thing on Facebook that was a picture of a drink with a paper straw in a plastic cup. I thought that was cute. For anyone who lives in a state where plastic bags are outlawed – do they also outlaw those plastic bags that you put fruits and veges in?

We never hear from the people who bought the house next door. They have two little boys and even when they’re playing outside in the backyard, you really don’t hear them. The man across the street has said that he’s waved to them and they’ve never once acknowledge him. I can understand if someone doesn’t want to talk – but not even wave??? M and Lisa – can you shed some light on why someone wouldn’t even wave? Living in Alabama, Lisa, should be interesting for you. I know here in NC people will hold conversations in the grocery store whether they know you or not. It’s probably the same way in Alabama.

Tracey – Vince and I are like you and your hubby. I’m the extrovert, someone who is constantly doing something. Vince is the direct opposite. Every day I’m usually out of the house doing something. He can go for weeks on end not leaving the house.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Michele - my hubby doesn’t leave the house except to work. I have to drag him to go anywhere with me and I usually don’t even try. I really miss doing things together though and with the sudden death of my cousin I think we need to work on doing more things before it’s too late.

Rori - I laughed out loud at your husband saying he was in the CIA, I know it’s the disease talking but it must be a bit enjoyable listening to his tales. Maybe they were hidden dreams he had. I wish we knew more about how the brain works.

I was telling a friend of mine the other day that I wish people would just stop in to visit once in a while now. I miss that from when we lived in NB. The cousin that just passed is one that used to stop in for a coke every couple of days or I would go to her place for tea.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3