WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lanette y Beth- Menopause cleared my Rosacea up too I chose no medication for peri menopause y Rosacea twice now.Mines back after JR I don’t wear makeup.Folks can lump it lol I was used to Moms British Rosacea cheeks well got Dutch y German in me too so I’m predestined.Good news is the full on menopause for awhile gave my face a break so I don’t think it looks so bad this time around I just look like a slight sun ☀️ burn lol. Mainly my nose,cheeks,y chin .JR having severe eczema/Kp his cheeks y face are red so figure not covering it will help him feel normal. I took black cohosh 1st Peri this time hot flashes aren’t the problem so no need for it.
    cagem5mz71l9.jpeg

Weights going up sticking to my routine waiting to see where it lands when it goes back down. I yo-yo even when I do everything right just my body type always has been.

My Dad y relatives heading up to Del Rio since a relative died there going to check on family help out,visit his mom after that for her birthday 🎂 Odessa Check family grave yard in Locker Tx y going to ElPaso on the way back (Dads birth place) to help relatives up there by buying groceries on the way bringing it to them.Should be a nice visit bbq 🍖 y Check the family graveyard to repair any damage. Then he might visit me lol 😂 doubt it sitting in the passenger seat hurts him something terrible.

Amber Tx

Thinking of making chicken 🍗 meal plans in Tupperware containers so no cooking for dinners (for myself only) y chicken lunch meat sandwiches 🥪 with carrots 🥕 on the side for lunches for a couple days. Backs a little sore but finally feeling better from moving the couches y over cleaning 🧼. First got to get motivated that’s the issue lol I feel lazy blah.Got all day tho.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Machka ... I hate today's keyboards. My laptop is not nearly as fast as my old electric typewriter. Add on keyboards feel junky to me. Back in the day I could type 120 wpm. No where close on today's keyboards. They just don't have the same "feel" to me.

Went back to the dermatologist for a full skin check (they didn't have time at my last appointment). Hadn't done that for a couple of decades. The things that I thought might be problematic turned out to be nothing. But something I wasn't even considering has been removed for biopsy. Go figure.

The skin rash IS rosacea. I only heard "chronic skin condition" when the PA called a couple of weeks ago. Rosacea is the skin condition she was referring to. Anyways, one of the medications is helping but will need another to reduce the redness. I'm looking into natural supports like an anti-inflammatory diet. Anyone have experience with this?

Husband and I are emptying out the family room tonight. New carpet being installed tomorrow. It's a commercial grade carpet as our son in his motorized wheelchair spends a lot of time in the room. We considered hardwood but the room is cold in the winter and hard surfaced rooms are more difficult for me to hear in. So carpet it is. The family room is my husband's space for the most part. I'm trying to encourage him to pare down the "stuff" he has while he's at it but not getting very far in that endeavor. Sigh.

Beth near Buffalo

woah, u were a speed demon on that machine!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Mary, that story about the car was hilarious. Thank you for making my morning even more fun.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    jisp9gauw63u.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    got another $100 bucks!! all i need is $310.00 more to make my goal. too much stress, i'll never put my goal that high anymore. we are picking up the airstream next weekend, kirby can't wait to bring it home.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Michelle: Your 🐢 is adorable. And what a cute little man! You must almost have the full set by now. Did you do Sleeping Beauty, or is she a future project.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »

The skin rash IS rosacea. I only heard "chronic skin condition" when the PA called a couple of weeks ago. Rosacea is the skin condition she was referring to. Anyways, one of the medications is helping but will need another to reduce the redness. I'm looking into natural supports like an anti-inflammatory diet. Anyone have experience with this?

Beth near Buffalo

Beth, I had Rosacea for years, my face looked like I had measles, I hated it. Nothing I tried helped much. Miraculously when I had WLS and lost all that weight my face cleared up completely. My complexion is clear and smooth to this day. I don't know if it was a result of drastic change in diet or what. No carbinared bevages, drastic reduction in sugar, chocolate, and fat. I have no idea what the correlation was, but am eternally grateful.

PS I'm not recommending bariatric surgery as a cure for Rosacea. Lol
    PSS I was long past menopause before I had Rosacea. I had total hysterectomy at 33

Janetr OKC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Beth I have rosacea too. I could not drink a glass of wine without looking purple.

When buying the house last fall I had a break out in my smile lines and around my eyes. I knew if I went in they would have started me on oral and or topical antibiotics. Because these are so hard on your gut I did a spray of lavender with water after using coconut oil on my face. Both coconut oil and lavender have an anti -bacterial effect. I also tried to reduce my stress as much as I could. Surprisingly during son's recent health scare I did not break out. After it cleared up in the fall I continued and continue to spray lavender water on my face. Perhaps that prevented a break out.

I do have chocolate and some spicy foods but no alcohol. I do watch sun and wind exposure too.

I do have some of the broken capillaries but no rash.

I know it can get quite nasty with a whole face breaking out in a rash. I found when I had the breakout it itched too.

(((Beth)))
  • pipcd34
    Options
    gcn7zdg98vxj.jpeg
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Heather--love the dress and it looks great on you!

Janetr--Sending prayers and hugs.

Machka--Take care and get all the rest you need.

All caught up and not a lot to say. Weigh in this morning was good down just over a pound. One day at a time.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Oh lordie, JanetR, I love that. I need that as a T-shirt!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    lisa ahhhhh hate the UTIs as I am prone to them as well. I’m on a second round of Bactrim this week. I Will get the culture results tomorrow. So frustrating that they won’t work with you on this!!

NYKAREN
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym for the first time in a month today. Did 10 minutes on the tread mill, 10 more on the stationary bike, and 2 on the elliptical. I have been doing a group of exercises at home for my knees and am using dumb bells for upper body. Know that doesn't sound like much, but, am proud that I am getting more active than I have been in a long time.

Totally agree with those who love Google Chrome instead of IE. Tried to convince the BnL who is in the memory care facility that Google is much easier to use, but, he is so set in his ways that he won't even think of trying it.

Rosacea ~ I also have it with many broken vessels in my face. A lot of this is due to severe sun burns throughout my life. I also have eczema around my ankles which I attribute to the Pom's fur rubbing my legs.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    I got UTIs y bacterial vaginosis alot before JR.Had him they went away. Didn’t have it until my still birth then they kept coming like clockwork. Thinking mine was linked to hormones.Was always having to use a dryer down there after baths even. Hoping they never come back. Mom had them her whole life even till death nothing worked on hers.

Still haven’t made the chicken

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited August 2019
    Options
    New Texas Gun Laws
    Lol my first fotos of JR at 6weeks along he had such a grumpy look when he would see cameras. Lol looked at this shot if his head last night laughed his head hasn’t really changed much.
    gtaz6cgccmow.jpeg
    ebl3oof9w0ug.jpeg
    n2o7ph17lapz.jpeg

le1yqkmopagi.jpeg

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    h5xs4i69gnsa.jpeg