WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Vicki GI Just saw where Grand Island, NE was hit by a big storm last night & residents are being told by police to stay home due to wind damage, downed trees & power lines. Hope you are OK! Check in when you can.

Karen in VIrginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    yyxgooowo6zk.jpeg
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Lisa- Hope your UTI gets better! My MIL used to get them often and they were often so bad that, as Heather noted, it would put her into a sort of delirium. It got to the point that when ever her mood changed to angry/stubborn and borderline violent we would take her in and ask them to test for a UTI. 99% of the time, that was the problem.
    KJ (Kelly)

KJ - Which would make sense of my overall mood yesterday. And here I blamed it on Bill Gates. :smiley: D-mannose, unfortunately, is unobtainable in this area, so it's ordered from Amazon and should be in Friday. In the meantime, I'm taking cranberry softgels. Can't drink cranberry juice due to the sugar, and the unsweet/diet versions are noxious (to me, anyway). D-mannose seems to be pretty much obtained from cranberries anyway.

Better mood this morning, and the pyridium is working its magic to soothe the burn and urgency issues... so perhaps I did dodge an infection this time. I'm hoping, anyway. I am pretty much over doctors and nurses for this year.

NSV - Went to the gym ANYway yesterday and this morning. Pleased with myself for that. Not pleased with my eating, and the results of that are showing on the scale. Stress eating calories still count. Am reminding myself that the first few weeks of getting back into exercise, my appetite always hits stratospheric levels. As my body gets into the groove, that will subside. At least, it always has before.

Off to the shower, maties, and on with the day.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Pip-Beautiful kitty.I miss having a cat.My Best kitty was a Maine coon and he passes some time ago(it’s still painful).Was given a new cat only to have her get on top of all the vehicles and Scratch them terribly when she was seen.So,hubby said No more cats. 😔.Rode ten miles on my stationary bike this morning,record caloric burn (just on the bike)yay!!Hugs and love to y’all ❤️!
    Debby In Va
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Machka ~ Is this the same tooth you have mentioned over the months? Maybe it's time to get rid of it...JMHO.

Debby ~ A ten mile ride on the stationary bike...I can't even imagine. How long did it take you to go that many miles?

Carol in GA
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Carol~40 minutes at a moderate pace.Im determined to lose ten pounds!
    Debby In Va
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Machka ~ Is this the same tooth you have mentioned over the months? Maybe it's time to get rid of it...JMHO.

Carol in GA

Other side.

The one I've mentioned over the months is the furthest back on the right side. I had a root canal in it back in April, and broke a piece off it about a month ago. But it's not bothering me much so I've just left it.

Meanwhile on the left side, not the furthest back but the next one, broke and my dentist filled it in the hopes that I wouldn't need a root canal ... yet. It looks like it's on the way out and my chances of having a root canal in it are increasing.

My teeth are a mess. If I have a root canal in that one, it will be my 5th root canal. Plus I do need to get the other one fixed. I've already had one pulled which was an absolute nightmare ... if I get another one pulled, I'll have to have it done under a general anaesthetic. And I'll have to start thinking about implants. $$$$

Some theories ...

All my long distance cycling leached calcium out of my body, including my teeth. They say that long distance cyclists do have weak bones. I don't consume much dairy but do take a calcium pill.

I grind my teeth at night, especially when stressed, so maybe that has destroyed my teeth.

And a cousin threw something into the mix just recently. Apparently Sjogren's syndrome runs in the family and she saw some of my posts on FB about my incredibly dry, itchy, sore and gravelly eyes and dry mouth, and dental issues, and put it all together as a possibility. I guess it is a possibility, I can go through the list of symptoms and tick just about all of them off, but I'm not sure how to present the idea to my Dr without coming across as a hypochondriac. "Can you test me for this really random syndrome my cousin thinks I might have?" I can just imagine the look I'll get.

So meanwhile, I'm just getting things patched.

M in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Michele NC- Hubby needs that shirt lol he kept all the boys away from Daughter lol .

Found a bread with 0cholesterol,125mg salt,no sugar,wheat bread 50 calories. Natures Own says sugarfree on it! Toast it is 10calories less usually for breads. Doctors visits are just another thing we can’t have lol. Told lower cholesterol in our diets so now on top of Doctors saying lower salt y sugar plus Diet for peri menopause saying lower calories we have more to lower.This is a permanent change will be healthier so ready for it.
    duk5i1ce1wqv.jpeg
    zc9c8bzd1iyv.jpeg

Weight hit a new low today so water gains gone means my hormones leveled out from the period.
    Amber Tx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Its top of the mountain Wednesday! Its all downhill to the weekend from here. That's how I view things anyway! I am so sore these days! Nothing going on except gym, though I did write my Navy son and 3 pen pals. My daughter in law is doing well, life is looking good for my son's little mini family. After my DILs surgery I am sure my son was beside himself, caring for Athena, but he got thru it. Its relieving to know he can handle stress, and not freak out. He's grown and living life.💖

💖Rebecca
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Michelle: Oops! Got my fairy tales mixed up. I thing SnoyWhite and her posse will look adorable beside your pool.

☘️ Terri
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    M doctor works for you. I do not think it is odd to check out this new possibility. It gives you a diagnosis and they you will have a better idea what might be helpful to you. The gums and bones are worrisome. Take care.

:heart: Margaret