WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    cmsavells-lol,I just went bra shopping (hate it)tried on 2,settled on 1 bought it,got it home and hate it.Turns out,the cup size may be too small.
    Plastic bags-at my job,a lot of our customers Love them and insist on using one for each item they buy.We try to encourage consolidating like items,but...Our second location has gone bagless.I use them to line the bathroom can and reuse.
    Debby In Va
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Pip- Is that bikini photo of you????!!!!

Between you and Mary of Minnesota/Ar, you ladies look fantastic.
    I work out with weights, watch my diet (or try to) and look ok after having twins at 40, but you guys rock!

Bianca from South Africa

Yeah, 4 years ago. I have the same body. I had never done a pic like that of me b4. This is the only place I’ve ever posted it
  • pipcd34
    Options
    jhwu2hbhsji4.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    It's Saturday here in W Washington State. Good morning to everyone! <3

Sue in WA - could the treat stealer be a raccoon? Crafty little buggers. B) Even warm pool water feels good these days, I'm sure. Had lunch with a friend who said her in-ground pool was 91! Like a spa :)

Pip - Hubba Hubba on the bikini. You don't have any hips you slinky thing, lol. If you need some belly pudge let me know.

Luci - I don't have hip flexor problems but I like those stretches you posted. Will add them to my stretching routine just to keep things limber. <3

Barbara AHMOD - I felt certain you'd get the "congrats" letter from the IRS. Hooray!

I sent a little check to the state of Washington for sales tax last week. I buy a lot of items from Vitacost which doesn't collect WA sales/use tax and has a disclaimer that it's up to the customer to send it. So I got a letter from them listing my 2018 purchases, order# and amounts. They said they are letting WA know about this per law. I looked up the purchases and most of them were for food items which are not taxable here. Also, the letter left off 2 more 2018 purchases. I "chatted" with one of their customer service agents and told them the info they sent to WA was inaccurate, incomplete. And this was burdensome to their customers - upgrade their billing software and charge the darn tax and remit it to WA themselves.

So I made a spreadsheet, sorted taxable and non-taxable sales, downloaded the tax form and sent it off to the WA Dept of Revenue with an $11 check, lol. Believe it or not, it gave me a sense of accomplishment - I used to love doing that when I worked for an accountant. So oddly, it was $11 well spent, lol.

Cheri - Hello!! <3 Glad to see you back and thanks for the update. Wow, you have been busy. Is your daughter planning to get a place fairly close to you? Great your son is now in Indy and loving it.

Rebecca - love seeing your grocery shopping purchases. Lean Cuisine type meals dumped over bed of spinach or salad greens is a big favorite of mine too - especially the fettucini one. I still do it to this day and sometimes end up with a sloppy mess in the bowl, that makes it even yummier! Kind of like a wilted salad.

Lisa - wow, that is some grant.... keep channeling Penny - she is missed!

Terri - love that photo of you on the boat, wind in your hair. I'm jealous. Your leggings are super cute!

Heading out in an hour or so to get early morning shopping in before the town wakes up, lol. You all have inspired me to dig out my cloth shopping bags and put them in the front seat so I don't forget them, and toss a few in the laundry so I'll be ready to go.

Have a good Saturday. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State where it's going to get HOT (over 90) for a few days. But at least no forest fire smoke like last year. B)

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Heather-you look Amazing!!!
    Pip-WooHoo!btw. I wish I could be so confident..
    Debby In Va
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Barbara & Lanette Congrats, you two, on solving that IRS snafu. Dreadful IRS letters...even the ones bearing glad tidings cause anxiety, apprehension, & palpitations.

Kelly Yay for the spat with hubby. Clears the air. So difficult to have a painful chronic condition like RA. So many people with RA have regained good quality of life with modern medicines, but obviously not everyone has.

Terri Love love love the photo of you and ghost dog. Cute leggings.

Lisa Congrats on getting that monster grant application done. I don't know how you do what you do. Pretty sure I don't have those skills.

Heather That photo of you & your husband is a keeper. Should frame it.

Machka That looks like a marvelous train show. I like model trains. So does my grandson. We have looked at a few. There is an old-retired-guys' destination called The Richmond Railroad Museum here in Richmond, VA. The old retired guys play with HO scale trains and run the museum:
    _______

Does anyone use silicone food storage bags? to replace ziplock-type bags?

A few of our grocery bags are insulated. Helps transport frozen/cold foods in hot weather.

_______

Karen in Virginia

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a belly Butt and Thigh DVD. Actually, did 2 segments, there’s a third that I’ll do another day. The plan for tomorrow is to do some Wii Balance games.

Barbara – great news!

Where HAS Penny been?

M – I’m excited to see your webpage. What size trains would you consider? Vince has mostly O gauge. Your picture looks like HO, is it?

Pip and Heather – you gals look fantastic!

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    It's Saturday here in W Washington State. Good morning to everyone! <3

Sue in WA - could the treat stealer be a raccoon? Crafty little buggers. B) Even warm pool water feels good these days, I'm sure. Had lunch with a friend who said her in-ground pool was 91! Like a spa :)

Pip - Hubba Hubba on the bikini. You don't have any hips you slinky thing, lol. If you need some belly pudge let me know.

Luci - I don't have hip flexor problems but I like those stretches you posted. Will add them to my stretching routine just to keep things limber. <3

Barbara AHMOD - I felt certain you'd get the "congrats" letter from the IRS. Hooray!

I sent a little check to the state of Washington for sales tax last week. I buy a lot of items from Vitacost which doesn't collect WA sales/use tax and has a disclaimer that it's up to the customer to send it. So I got a letter from them listing my 2018 purchases, order# and amounts. They said they are letting WA know about this per law. I looked up the purchases and most of them were for food items which are not taxable here. Also, the letter left off 2 more 2018 purchases. I "chatted" with one of their customer service agents and told them the info they sent to WA was inaccurate, incomplete. And this was burdensome to their customers - upgrade their billing software and charge the darn tax and remit it to WA themselves.

So I made a spreadsheet, sorted taxable and non-taxable sales, downloaded the tax form and sent it off to the WA Dept of Revenue with an $11 check, lol. Believe it or not, it gave me a sense of accomplishment - I used to love doing that when I worked for an accountant. So oddly, it was $11 well spent, lol.

Cheri - Hello!! <3 Glad to see you back and thanks for the update. Wow, you have been busy. Is your daughter planning to get a place fairly close to you? Great your son is now in Indy and loving it.

Rebecca - love seeing your grocery shopping purchases. Lean Cuisine type meals dumped over bed of spinach or salad greens is a big favorite of mine too - especially the fettucini one. I still do it to this day and sometimes end up with a sloppy mess in the bowl, that makes it even yummier! Kind of like a wilted salad.

Lisa - wow, that is some grant.... keep channeling Penny - she is missed!

Terri - love that photo of you on the boat, wind in your hair. I'm jealous. Your leggings are super cute!

Heading out in an hour or so to get early morning shopping in before the town wakes up, lol. You all have inspired me to dig out my cloth shopping bags and put them in the front seat so I don't forget them, and toss a few in the laundry so I'll be ready to go.

Have a good Saturday. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State where it's going to get HOT (over 90) for a few days. But at least no forest fire smoke like last year. B)

Thx. That wasn’t the best pic but oh well.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - I have never heard of the silicone food storage bags, so spotted them on Amazon. They look nifty. B) I always carry a cooler in the back of my Subaru, and toss in ice packs every time I head to town, especially during the summer. I aim to get frozen food at my last stop. I have an insulated grocery sack to catch the overflow. B)

Mirihawk - I just put "Always Hungry?" on hold at our library, thanks so much for mentioning it. Sounds like you have a plan that is working for you - hooray!! :D

I'm doing well on the lower (moderate) carbs, and as RVRita mentioned, sugar cravings go away. Still have the urge to snack after supper. A bit of cottage cheese and a few nuts does the trick.

Lanette
    Cool (so far) SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    This is a picture I got a passer by to take on the way to the Pride parade. We got there early while they were setting up and met up with the family. Huge fun! More pics later.
    I just really liked this pic of us as we rarely get a good one together.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX

You look good! And brave to wear white!

My mother gave up dressing me in white when I was a little girl and I simply don't wear that colour at all.

White is a magic colour for me.

I can wear any other colour and make it through a whole day without dumping coffee on myself, without spilling my lunch, without getting pen or highlighter all over the place, without getting splashed and muddy, without having a hangnail suddenly start bleeding energetically ...

Yet I put on something white, and by noon all of those things have happened, and I'm covered in goodness knows what.

When I was in my Engineering Tech classes and learning how to use drafting pens, which are very fine real ink pens, the only time I had one explode on me was the one and only day I was wearing a top that was mostly white. I should have known better!! For years after that I just wore black.

But it looks like you don't bear the curse of white! :) My mother doesn't either. She can manage a whole day in white and have her whites still be white. It's amazing!

M in Oz