Options
    Awesome. Thank you for the inspiration!
  • SusanMBarrett
    Options
    Wow! Very inspiring! Thank you.
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing - just what I needed today. Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • virpemvic
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story - helped inspire me!
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What a great story to relay to us, very inspirational and just overall AWESOME! Congratulations and keep kicking butt :)
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Your story was just the inspiration that I needed today!
  • marbee2013
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration to me! Thank you for being so honest and comprehensive. Best wishes!!:smooched:
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Super awesome job!!! Congratulations!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Fantastic job!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    amazing! congrats all everything!
  • dllewis7
    dllewis7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kat:

Not only is your name great, you are great. I happy dance with you for all of your success!

At age 56 and knocking on the door to Onederland (only 4 more pounds to go), you hit the nail square when you said that changing is not about losing the weight but about prioritizing and caring for yourself.

I'm making one additional change this week that I think will help me and one that you didn't mention. To get more water in my day, I'm going to consciously eat more water-based foods - cucumbers and such, as well as start each evening meal with a broth-based soup. I can't wait to see if this change will also make me feel even better on my journey.

Again, thanks for sharing your story - a well-balanced, common-sense and, paradoxically, magical one!

-Debra
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. It has inspired me and others. On a tough day I will return to your post and reread your story.
    Wishing you continued success !!!
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    I loved your story. I didn't even need to see the pictures, I could tell from your story that you must look like a happy, healthy person now. The pictures are just the icing on the cake (hm, maybe not the best of analogies - the hummus on the carrots? the salsa on the cucumbers?)

Congratulations on building a new life for yourself!

Jeanne

Edited to add:
    Do what works for you, don’t let negative people/comments/feelings get you down. You are worthy of being cared for, no matter what your size and weight. You are important and valuable. Forgive yourself and move forward. heart

The best advice you can ever give anyone.
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great job. Thanks for sharing the details of your journey.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    Amazing post and thank you for sharing. You look great...happier, younger and fit. So happy for your success. I know you will reach all your goals. Congratulations:flowerforyou:
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Wish I could have lost as much/as fast as you during my first year - but I'm with you on feeling so much better! Not easy for us postmenopausal women to get the weight off but so worth it.
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspirational. Thank you for sharing it! :)

Best of luck (not that you need luck) on your continued journey!
  • lifesigns64
    Options
    What an awe inspiring transformation, simply amazing, you look beautiful!!!
  • mrsjoyw
    mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You are a JEWEL!!! Great job and keep on doing what you are doing!!
  • Zaphyre13
    Zaphyre13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Thanks for sharing your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!