Replies

• FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing!! Great job!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow, Kat! You're an inspiration to all. Congratulations and continued success.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - well done!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are worth it!
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Positively, one of the most inspiring journals I have read, to date. Thank you for sharing and cheering your continued success!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • Lisabelieve
    Lisabelieve Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!! You look wonderful and I'm sure you feel that way too! Thanks for sharing your story. I also have a lot to lose... hope I can do it! :)
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WOW.....amazing job and thank you for sharing your story!!!
  • Roger_Vaughn
    Roger_Vaughn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is outstanding and Amazing!!!! Great Job!
  • Sallycc13
    Sallycc13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and turning your life around! :flowerforyou:
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Congratulations!
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I loved your post. Especially your advice at the end. I really do need to forgive and move forward. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    --The Results--
    I have seen many health care professionals this year as part of my reclamation of my own health.
    - General Practitioner “You have turned your life around!”
    - Cardiologist: “I have no idea why you are in my office, everything looks great!”
    - Pulmonologist: “You no longer have sleep apnea, stop using the machine {CPAP}”
    - Registered Dietician: “I wish all my patients ate the way you do”
    - Orthopedic Surgeon: “You’re saving your knees”
    - Physical Therapist: “You’re doing great, I’m releasing you!”

- Comprehensive blood labs: all within normal range

- Other: my hair is the longest it’s ever been in my whole life. I always thought it would not grow below my shoulders, because it never did before. Also, my skin looks great.

I finally had the mammogram and colonoscopy I’ve been putting off for years. And I went to the dentist. I feel like I’m worth taking care of… finally.

I love the pictures but this is the best part! ^^^
  • raeCR
    raeCR Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and beautiful. Great job. Your smile glows. Also thank you, I am 43 and wondered how my age would effect this journey. I see you an change things around at any age.
  • Ryane726
    Ryane726 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss!!
  • Lucy1ricky
    Lucy1ricky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring - I'm having a very hard time with losing. Seeing someone around my own age is having success means a lot
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    - Other: my hair is the longest it’s ever been in my whole life. I always thought it would not grow below my shoulders, because it never did before. Also, my skin looks great.

With a BMI of 31.5, I am still in the “obese” category. My next goal is “overweight” and then, finally “normal”. Instead of beating myself up over where I am now, I am proud of it. Because I know I’m taking the best care of myself I can TODAY. And I’ll keep doing it every tomorrow I have.

--My advice--
    Do what works for you, don’t let negative people/comments/feelings get you down. You are worthy of being cared for, no matter what your size and weight. You are important and valuable. Forgive yourself and move forward. :heart:

Before:
    zmgygh.jpg
    Today:
    md15rp.jpg

I wish us all continued success! :flowerforyou:
    Kat

Wow Kat!! Just amazing. And love the "extra" NSVs that you don't count on (hair, skin, etc).

You look GREAT!! And I am SOOOO glad you aren't beating yourself up that as much as you have lost that you are still in the obese range.

HIGH FIVE!!
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Kat, you are such an inspiration! I just joined MFP a few days ago, and I'm about where you were when you started. Hopefully, if I stick with it, I will see the kind of success you have seen.

It's interesting, though, how the definition of obese has changed through the years. Looking at your "now" picture, I would never consider you to be obese (unless you have a lot of junk in the trunk that doesn't show up in the picture, LOL!). I think you look great!

Keep up the good work!
  • atlantagirl2
    Options
    I need this today, THANKYOU and congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!