• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    what a beautiful place to run @noblsheep
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    Wish you were here 5k race Saturday night. I was feeling a little nauseous but I figured I would give it a try. Ran with my running/ food adventure friend. It was a smaller race but it was nice. Everyone was there for a reason. Ran for my husband, for friends who I've lost to addiction, cancer and mental health. It was a brisk night. The course was mostly flat and next to Lake Michigan. For most of the race, I still wanted to vomit. I came in just over 31 min. PR. I also came in 3rd in my age group, my first AG place ever. A wonderful race overall
    72s6vywn3tp8.png
    bfsc9ztbn9l7.png
    v1sevsj1ktcq.png

food adventure
    dwn5yf1bfgeq.png
    0t5blwt4y141.png
    g5btlplzfmew.png
    d6lm554q6xut.png

What a gorgeous run!! Great job on beating your PR!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 congrats on your 5k PR! And AG place!!!! That's awesome!

@girlinahat big hugs and congrats on finishing your marathon! Pictures are beautiful, but that coarse sounds very difficult. You are a beast for getting through that!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Great job on the PR and AG win @mbaker566!

Great race report @girlinahat! What a challenging but beautiful run!

@143tobe Great job on your 5K PR and you will definitely be ready for the Half!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 – wind and flood waters are such scary forces of nature. I’m glad you’re boat wasn’t damaged. Obviously your body was still recovering from the stomach bug and you needed the extra sleep this weekend.

@zeesparrow – I had a week long conference one time in Portland, OR and I stayed an extra day to play tourist. I took a charter bus trip to Multnomah Falls and we crossed over into Washington. That’s my brief exposure to the state. Wish that I had more time to explore the area.

@girlinahat – Congratulations on your marathon! Love the pictures (except for your poor toe). You talk about running 2 miles of “shingle.” Is shingle the picture of all those small pebbles? Or are they shells?

Congratulations @mbaker566! Way to go!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I'm so sorry to hear about Hobbes' latest report. My prayers for him, you and your family.
    @143tobe I had never heard of fatty coffee before. I normally have an iron stomach but I'm not sure I'd be able to drink that! Still, it's intriguing. No, unfortunately I was well off my PR for this race by about 22 minutes. And your weight loss...wow!!! Nice work! I do hope you get that pain figured out!
    @zeesparrow sorry to hear about your loss!
    @juliet3455 those Achilles issues suck. I deal with one on and off, though mine is not insertional, which I understand to be a bit worse. I've been doing eccentric heel drops on our deck steps every time I let Kody out. I do 45 on each foot per session. Once I get past these races in October I think I'm going to start doing them with a weighted backpack on. I've been told my PT that they are the gold standard for Achilles rehab.
    @Avidkeo way to go on getting up to 7k! I like your solution to your money question.
    @HonuNui I had to look up what a "kanikapila" was..that sounds very fun!
    @kirstymn @Tramboman @AJSkinay & @Faebert great job hitting you goals!
    @martaindale beautiful photos of Prague, now I want to go there!
    @alphahowls @ContraryMaryMary @eleanorhawkins @mbaker566 well done on your races!
    @LoveyChar welcome! I don't know if you found it yet but we'll be moving over to the October thread soon: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10766490/october-2019-monthly-running-challenge/p1
    @MegaMooseEsq I know the route your talking about. Not only can that path along Minnehaha get confusing, it's so narrow!
    @girlinahat ah yes, the "grim sweeper". Congrats on not getting swept! I've been swept off a course before it and sucks. What you call "shingle"...is that the small pebbles I see in the photo? I think we'd call that pea gravel and yeah, 2 miles of that would be awful! Great photos. I'd love to run trails in England some time.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 - congratulations on the PR and AG place! That is awesome running considering how emotional the race was and that you weren't feeling well going into it!
    @girlinahat - nice marathon running in a beautiful place and great job escaping that evil sweeper!! Your pinkie toe looks so sore - OUCH!
    @katharmonic - we have seen a couple of new places that have axe throwing and with your mace training you could be the big winner! 😁 Honestly I bet it is a great whole body workout!
    @zeesparrow - we have several friends (of our daughter) in the Spokane area. I will have to see how they are doing with all the cold and snow! Of course I was just in Boise and it was in the 90s and now while they don't have snow yet, it has gotten really cold!
    @RunsOnEspresso - great job getting n 35 miles after breaking your leg!

See everyone in October!
  • kjkrentsa
    kjkrentsa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Met my goal for September dispite plantar fasciitis and shin pain! Will be running on the track again babying my grumpy legs for awhile. Thanks for letting us know about Zombie Run - very fun!!! :-)
    exercise.png