WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    5fbzpnlnykix.jpeg
    19y99p7bxqky.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip: I have no idea whether the color of eggs impacts nutrient content. The food the chicken eats sure does. I like free range araucona chicken eggs best, but I’m seldom able to get them. I had an egg lady for a few years who sold us free range araucona eggs. The eggshells were a mix of different colors and were blue, green, pink, or tan. These birds were not kept in a huge open room with lights 24/7. The went outdoors and scratched up bugs and plants to eat. I miss their quality and the novelty of the pretty colors. :star:

Barbara: Your deck looks wonderful! :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Hi all, still wresting with my laptop and OneDrive. I found the unsync from this computer once, but chickened out of clicking the button. Now can't remember where it was. I really want to just unsync photos. Grrrrrrrrrr!
    Makes me very tired and cranky.

Still exhausted from yesterday. I've got to wash my hair for the dancing, then might nap before putting face on and cooking early dinner. Not feeling it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Annie-Congrats on Daughter Graduation 👩‍🎓!!!

Barbara-I try to be cruelty free -Free range their happier (unless at night they went in but had a large section open at top so they could climb a tree or leave as they pleased...the 1 who refused to go in could go in lol) the eggs are healthier because they can eat snakes 🐍 to lizards,bugs ,(lots of protein compared to caged bird) ,grass to seeds,food you feed y left overs ,y much more even greasy rain water to better nail care naturally. Caged ones eat their own eggs due to protein deficiency.Their nails have to be cut by man.My free range only 1 needed his spurs cut but he was more into mating than moving around lol.

Drinking crystal light peach tea 5calories. Yummy nice change. Hubby got correct chicken yesterday!!! Woohoo so chick chick chicken tonight. JR vegetarian meal since he still has meat aversion (gags) like his sister think she was 4 when she finally started eating raw to boiled crab to fish (pescatarian). So gonna keep giving vitamins healthy meals just wait it out.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    edited September 2019
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: I have no idea whether the color of eggs impacts nutrient content. The food the chicken eats sure does. I like free range araucona chicken eggs best, but I’m seldom able to get them. I had an egg lady for a few years who sold us free range araucona eggs. The eggshells were a mix of different colors and were blue, green, pink, or tan. These birds were not kept in a huge open room with lights 24/7. The went outdoors and scratched up bugs and plants to eat. I miss their quality and the novelty of the pretty colors. :star:

It

Miss all the farm fresh food EXCEPT for 1 thing and that was chicken. Don’t ask me why but when I discovered satire chicken, I was in heaven . We made our own butter and cheese, that was cool.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    morning , afternoon, evening...
    what a spectacular weekend... left from there at 3:15 in the morning to get down here so that I could take Chester to the vet for blood work.. did that and they put fluid under his skin,Tom will stop and pay when he gets out of work..results tomorrow afternoon..
    My SIL is coming home tomorrow with her mom so my phone will come back to me then... I left it up there :#
    so a day and a 1/2 without the phone oh well...
    I am spending the day with the 3 dogs ,Chester not well so spending what time I can with him while I can.. will get him outside before Tom and Elena get home..
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    hi I missed a couple of days or so and 10 pages of messages! I skimmed but I'm just going to jump in and hope to understand the major things I missed little by little.

Hi Annie from Delaware. Welcome.

@Kevrit Rita wow for aimignfor under 20 carbs. I find limiting carbs soooo hard.

@JRsLateInLifeMom free range sounds right. I was wondering about diet drinks. you barely see them here anymore.

@lindabortner sounds like a good goal

@barbiecat nice to hear it has worked for you.

@pipcd34 what is "satire chicken"?

@grandmallie mandatory unplanned phone detox ?
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Banana and oranges- Dentist told my mom the reason she had no teeth enamel anymore was because she drank Diet Coke in large quantities daily! It’s bad for your teeth so many avoid them. Not sure about the zero cokes to other types tho.

JR has realized everyone in the family has glasses! Ugghh now he wants them! Trying to explain to a 2yr old it’s better he doesn’t need them or want them is impossible. So every 5sec today I hear 👂...” I wanna glassesss 👓.” He had fake ones but he destroyed them pretty fast 💨.He’s not gentle but Daughter wasn’t either. Lol now she’s in the Navy but in Elementary teacher called me because the whole class of boys hanged up on her to prove they were stronger than the shortest girl 👧. Lol she used 1 hand knocked the whole group over like dominos the 1st boy falling took them all down.They never tried that again accepted that they just couldn’t beat her at sports 🥎 to academics lol 😂. She didn’t even notice them as she went through was more occupied on getting to the books they were in her way! Lol 😂. Teacher 👩‍🏫 couldn’t help but giggle said she found it funny since Daughter was so so tiny yet she stomped around with a deep voice y was Paul Bunyan of the school lol. Now I got a giant who’s rough but gentle hearted wouldn’t couldn’t hurt a fly.

Amber Tx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Rho97070 wrote: »
    This evening is Day 2 of "Reinventing Rhonda" . . . Although I stayed under my caloric limit and did the other items on my list of goals, I succumbed to eating too much fat as I had done yesterday. But as Scarlet O'Hara said in Gone With the Wind, "Tomorrow's another day! As G is my witness, I will be thin again!" Okay, she didn't say that, but I like the proclamation anyway.

I will be thin again!
    I will be thin again!
    I will be thin again!!!

Thanks to those that offered me a warm welcome. It felt good.
    Barbie - Sending a hug to you for the loss of a {{hug}} and big thanks for keeping the group going!
    Amber Tx - Your post cracked me up - I call my grand-daughter "Little Booger" (she's biracial, too :-)
    Barbara - SOCoastie - We have a few things in common. Are you a Duck or a Beaver?[/b]
    Shelly - I'm new to the group also, and can attest that meditation makes me better in many ways.
    Rebecca <3 - Ah, sisters. I have two, too! Your brief post reminded me of how much love I feel for them. <3
    New Linda in TX - Wow!!! 107# gone!?! You are an inspiration. I have much to learn from you!
    Connie in KY - I hope you can find solace in knowing you're a good daughter and niece {{hugs}}
    Kim from NoCali - You have resilience and strength. You're model for younger generations and half-way to your goal. You deserve an applause {{{{ hands clapping }}}}

I hope to become acquainted with everyone as the days, weeks and months fly by and the pounds drop off.

Kind regards,
    Rhonda (south of PDX :-)

I will be thin again!
    I will be thin again!!
    I will be thin again!!!

Where abouts in Portland? I grew up in Gresham, went to San Barlow HS, earlier I attended Boring Grade School. My childhood home is off 242nd and Regner rd. I have no idea how to spell that anymore!!! Presently we live on Whidbey island in Washington.👍
    Rebecca
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Grateful:
    conversation with B.
    B and P supportive.
    weather very pleasant
    health care
    osteopath
    rest
    decent colleagues
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »

I learned that chicken do need to eat bugs or some kind of protein to be healthy. I notice the shells are thicker when I buy better quality eggs usually the cagefree or free range ones. The color does not make so much difference. It is how the chicken is treated.