• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lanette How's your rash?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Loving reading all your stories! <3

Wasn't feeling it tonight at the dancing. Wonder if I'm coming down with something. It was nice to see everyone again though.

Early night for me tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather Probably still exhausted from the grandchildren day. Hope you feel chipper in the morning!

Karen in Virginia
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: I agree with you that the color of a chicken egg is not an indicator of quality. The intensity of the color of the yolk and firmness of the raw white tell the story of their quality. I just happened to enjoy looking at the colored araucana eggs. It seemed like Easter Eggs. Nutritionally they were excellent. I think that comes from the opportunity to be outside and scratch in the dirt for bugs. The eggs we’re able to get now are not all that great. :ohwell:

Lanette: I’m glad that you’ve been cleared to drive. Yay!!! :star:

I am looking for fun birthday cards. My stash of the good ones is getting thin. There is a hardware store in a town about 20 miles from here that has had some fun and funny cards in the past. I’m planning to go there in the next few days to see if I can find more good ones.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: I have no idea whether the color of eggs impacts nutrient content. The food the chicken eats sure does. I like free range araucona chicken eggs best, but I’m seldom able to get them. I had an egg lady for a few years who sold us free range araucona eggs. The eggshells were a mix of different colors and were blue, green, pink, or tan. These birds were not kept in a huge open room with lights 24/7. The went outdoors and scratched up bugs and plants to eat. I miss their quality and the novelty of the pretty colors. :star:

Barbara: Your deck looks wonderful! :bigsmile:

I've read that the colour of the egg shells has to do with the colour of the chicken. They are all the same inside.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Shelley – oh yes, the ultra sounds, the bloodwork, every couple of years the lung scans. One benefit of having cancer, any symptom you have gets taken seriously. Until I had it I had no idea how many things could be a symptom. I think many times they are overlooked in and that is why it is discovered too late.

Terri-I am also of two minds, but it did cause me to stop and reflect on if my goals are realistic for me. After the chat with my doctor last week, I am shooting for maintenance range of 135-140. Currently at 141 so that is 21 pounds since I went back to logging in March. Switched my goal to maintenance last week and am trying to stay in small deficit under that to see what eating is like. Turns out it is plenty of food for me, especially with regular movement! Just don’t know that I should ever see 129 again!

Quite the chicken egg discussion. I tend to buy brown cage free. When I visited son and his wife in England, they had the most amazing eggs-large (like twice the size) with vivid orange yokes. Haven’t found anything like them here.

Pleasant day today. Actually got started on a task at work I had been wanting to for year. Also got interviews scheduled for two applicants for position staff member left last week. For right now, I am covering the duties. However, I want to find the right person and not just a person, if you know what I mean.

Off to clear out my email box (home) and catch up there.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Machka -Lol That’s a myth .Blue eggs don’t come from a blue chicken so guess that study was flawed.Wonder how much money they wasted of our hard earned tax dollars in that one? Ameraucana chicken lays blue eggs the breed comes from comes in many colors but not blue.Inside the chicken starts out white for all then on the way out gets pigmentation due to the genetic breed. I had a red hen always lates both brown y white y tan but her sisters only white eggs lol 😂.She was the odd one out name too .Here’s Michigan University theory this is where their grants went...wish they’d use it to cure illness instead but oh well. Queeny.https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/why_are_chicken_eggs_different_colors

Vicki GI - My weight does the same it eventually goes down stays down takes a week to month for me. Normally a month but happy when it’s faster.Normal to have a up y down range weigh in is between those numbers.

Amber Tx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    🍁
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: I have no idea whether the color of eggs impacts nutrient content. The food the chicken eats sure does. I like free range araucona chicken eggs best, but I’m seldom able to get them. I had an egg lady for a few years who sold us free range araucona eggs. The eggshells were a mix of different colors and were blue, green, pink, or tan. These birds were not kept in a huge open room with lights 24/7. The went outdoors and scratched up bugs and plants to eat. I miss their quality and the novelty of the pretty colors. :star:

Barbara: Your deck looks wonderful! :bigsmile:

It

Miss all the farm fresh food EXCEPT for 1 thing and that was chicken. Don’t ask me why but when I discovered satire chicken, I was in heaven . We made our own butter and cheese, that was cool.

Auto correct- that’s supposed to be store bought chicken
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Rebecca Oh my gosh I love those photos of you and your handsome guy! Wonderful.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    stats for the day;

accidentally erased my notes. so some is from memory :0(

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy- 7.55min, 11.8amph, 126mhr, 1.56mi= 60c
    apple watch- 56c
    treadmill walk/sidestep- 40min, 131mhr, 4.0sp, 1-3incl, 2.80mi= 136c
    apple watch- 226c
    Floor exercises- 17min, 100ahr, 6sets of 10ea, 5 diff exercises= 43c
    apple watch- 88c
    ROWING MACHINE- 6min, 50aw, 138mhr, 960meters= 42c