WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Satire chicken ... I read it as Satay Chicken. :D Tastes good, but something I can't eat because of the peanuts. I don't have an allergy exactly, but I get immensely bloated and uncomfortable when I eat peanuts, peas, soybeans and occasionally other legumes.

Eggs ... also something I can't eat. I like eggs. I can eat them in food (like cake) and can occasionally eat one. But more than that and my gallbladder torments me for hours.

Milk is another one that is a no-go for me.

I would love to drop meat from my diet most of my time, but I'd have trouble getting protein without a little bit of chicken once in a while. I don't seem to digest protein very well.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    EGG COSTUME :D:D:D Perfect

Barbara I love rustic settings and finding out about places few people would live...I remember Machka's story of how she & her husband made it work. My family owned a small cabin on government property near an irrigation lake. It was a weird situation where you rented the property but could build/own a cabin. It was understood the government had undisputable Eminent Domain in case they decided to do something else with the land. They never have & those cabins still stand. We had an outhouse, cold water only, and a rustic little cabin on a cement slab. It was heaven to me. I had all my birthdays out there, we swam and learned to water ski and explored, unsupervised for hours. There were other cabins nearby with kids our age, so if they were at their cabins we would have friends to explore with instead of just our siblings (who weren't nearly as fun). We had total freedom with a safe haven to retreat to. Mom had a triangle (think musical instrument) that she used to round us up for meals. No phones. We had electricity, but no heat or AC. We had to turn the water on at a little pump house when we went out there. I love that place in my memory still.

________

Second day of school - grandson does Math benchmarks today and work on the week's assignments if I can get him distracted away from "building cars" online, his favorite past-time. It takes balance to avoid meltdowns and frustration.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Options
    Work -- busy
    Medical -- podiatrist
    Exercise -- walking & rowing
    Evening -- cycling organisation conference call & homework

Just another day in the week.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Before
    ylu2kmz2gcud.jpg
    imbkt1w2zqjo.jpg

After
    3idstcyyhopg.jpg

Vertical acres
    b6hjujblk5ex.jpg
    the light colored area above the trees behind the power lines is fog on the ocean. ;)
    rl4tww31d64d.jpg

Very nice ... beautiful spot!

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    No problem, I had to go bk to the post 2c what u we’re talking
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: I have no idea whether the color of eggs impacts nutrient content. The food the chicken eats sure does. I like free range araucona chicken eggs best, but I’m seldom able to get them. I had an egg lady for a few years who sold us free range araucona eggs. The eggshells were a mix of different colors and were blue, green, pink, or tan. These birds were not kept in a huge open room with lights 24/7. The went outdoors and scratched up bugs and plants to eat. I miss their quality and the novelty of the pretty colors. :star:

Barbara: Your deck looks wonderful! :bigsmile:

It
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Miss all the farm fresh food EXCEPT for 1 thing and that was chicken. Don’t ask me why but when I discovered satire chicken, I was in heaven . We made our own butter and cheese, that was cool.

Auto correct- that’s supposed to be store bought chicken

I didn't want to seem ignorant and ask you what the heck a satire chicken was. 🐣🐤🐥

No problem, I had to go back to see what u were taking about lmao
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Lanette Glad the rash is better. Are you less grumpy? ;)

_____

Today was the 1st day of school. Grandson seems relaxed about it, to my surprise. He did his Reading benchmarks today; Math benchmarks are tomorrow. Then we'll get into a groove and settle in for the duration...got my fingers crossed for this to be a good year.

For those of you who are new-ish, I am Learning Coach for my 13-year-old grandson, who is in a public online school program. He was finally diagnosed with autism this summer, after years of missed diagnoses and much hurt & misery. Last year was his first year of online school; it was better for him. The goal this year is to bolster his confidence, line up resources, get IEP in place, etc., and have him back in brick & mortar school for 9th grade next fall. He needs the socialization and practice of getting along, tolerating frustrations, etc. I wish we could do the academics separately and just use school as a social training ground. I hate for school to interfere with his academic progress. That sounds a little weird, LOL!!! I would like for him to be able to go to school for about 3 or 4 half days a week, and continue his academic work online. It'll never happen.

Karen in Virginia

I would suggest exploring the options and seeing if there are any hybrid schools in your area. My daughter worked at one for a couple of years. The children are only in school 2 days a week, the rest of the time they are home. It's classical education so the school days included math, Latin, Logic classes. Parents and teachers work closely together on curriculum and social interactions.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @dandl1986 welcome back, losing 17 pounds since June doesn't sound slow to me.

@JRsLateInLifeMom I drank lots of Diet solda as a teen (like my Dad did) and had lots of cavities. maybe related. I never liked coke but drank Fresca. my dad: Diet Pepsi. what about getting him sunglasses? or dress up glasses or goggles for fun.

@cityjaneLondon Heather I hope you feel better. impressive daily burn!!

@LuciBThinner thanks. I hope you feel better soon too and your eye continues to heal well.cataract surgery can be amazing.

@KetoneKaren the half days sounds ideal. it's a shame it's not an option. there are several interesting tedx talks given by autistic people

the admin guy came by. it wasn't a great fit but still it looks way better.
    I got allergies after 2h of filing old (slightly dusty) papers.

now have an outside admin appointment plus meeting a friend for a coffee later.

I need to lie down with allergies to get over it a bit.
    An antihistamine would make me sleepy for the evening. Hopefully I can stick to the plan and go out.

Can't find the one paper I needed. I'm wondering if I have it and misfiled it or if I don't have it.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    grateful:
    administrative help
    papers look much better.
    see possible light at end of paper-tunnel after 2h of working together on filing and treating paper stuff.
    bed
    café
    mild weather
    public transport
    time to rest
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    ========
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I splurged and had a burger and fries last night. I figure that wipes out about two good days worth of calorie deficit. I think my little diet break is done; I'm ready to get back on the 1200 plan. Sept is the month all my clothes will get loose! Goal weight for Sept is 156. I should be able to do short stints of elliptical at the gym, too, by the end of the month.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: Thank you for the September blessing. :heart:

Karen in VA: I hope your grandson has a good year of school this year. Is he still homeschooled? I had a wonderful girl in my eighth grade classes who eventually chose home schooling. I learned that she went on to enroll at high school the next year. My yoga teacher home schools her grandson. She also takes him to weekly art classes at a Community College. It is a wonderful part of his life. :smiley:

Barbara: There is a Grocery Outlet in the next town. I’ll stop in and take a look at their cards when I get a chance. Thanks for the tip. :star:

Machka: I had to have my gallbladder removed due to gallstones. I actually only had one stone and it was the size of a robin’s egg. Looking back, I think that fatty foods were likely to trigger an attack. If that is a correct assumption you might do okay with egg whites and feed the yolks to your compost bin. In your situation, I’d seek out a doctor for medical advice/treatment. :heart:

Heather: I love your photos. :heart:

Our dog is currently at the groomer. After I bring him home I plan to go to the Grocery Outlet in the next town and see if they have some good greeting cards. My other good choice is a True Value Hardware Store about 20 miles the other way.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Machka- How well do you absorb vitamins? They have protein cereals high calorie but can make it your breakfast or lunch. I’d cut meat out if It hurts just stick with reduced fat received beans,peanut butter,tofu Chinese soups,tofu dogs (hot dog),soy,
    almond butter,to nuts 🥜. Have you thought about studying vegan/Vegetarian diet plans? Might be one that fits Daughter a Pescatarian. Bean with rice is a complete source separate worthless.potatoe with almond butter a good source. Kale,broccoli,mushrooms. Protein shake? Theirs vegan ones no milk! Lots of options but got to try them see if your insides throw it back or love the choices.

Daughter in Virginia Beach their talking about evacuating the whole base...Darn hurricane coming their way. She doesn’t want to but I wish they would lol 😂. Stubborn girl would ride it out probably asleep roof blowing away. Hope they drag her out Toss her on a bus!
    Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: That is quite a goose-egg. I hope that the swelling goes away quickly and you don't have any dizziness or other worrisome symptoms. Seek a doctor if you need one. :heart:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    <3