WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    I am way behind! I will write some because I don't want to get any further behind:

Lanette Glad the rash is under control and sounds like you are healing very well!

Shannon WONDERFUL NEWS! Cancer and pre-cancer free! So happy for you!

Amber JR Adorable picture! Your pantry looks great!

Rita Great looking grandsons!

Teri Don't know how you can ride in that heat! Great admiration for your dedication!

Pip Love your nails!

Barbie Thank you for continuing the link!

Lynda Welcome!

Bananas Hope you get some relief from your injury soon!

Viv Adorable hiding pup!

Lisa The house and yard looks great!

Grandmallie Glad you have had a wonderful time! Hope Chester is okay!!

Anne Welcome! I, too, am looking for balance. I am 9 months into my MFP journey. I am still looking to stop obsessing about the numbers of pounds and focus on the nutrition and calories.

Hope everyone is well and safe from the storm!!! I will head back to reading the beginning of September! My eye continues to heal, and my next surgery is this Thursday. Looking forward to having my new eyes no longer with glaucoma or cataracts!

Luci in WNC

thanks!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: I have no idea whether the color of eggs impacts nutrient content. The food the chicken eats sure does. I like free range araucona chicken eggs best, but I’m seldom able to get them. I had an egg lady for a few years who sold us free range araucona eggs. The eggshells were a mix of different colors and were blue, green, pink, or tan. These birds were not kept in a huge open room with lights 24/7. The went outdoors and scratched up bugs and plants to eat. I miss their quality and the novelty of the pretty colors. :star:

Barbara: Your deck looks wonderful! :bigsmile:

It
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Miss all the farm fresh food EXCEPT for 1 thing and that was chicken. Don’t ask me why but when I discovered satire chicken, I was in heaven . We made our own butter and cheese, that was cool.

Auto correct- that’s supposed to be store bought chicken

I didn't want to seem ignorant and ask you what the heck a satire chicken was. 🐣🐤🐥
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Karen Virginia- Some public schools work with home schoolers in some states for a few classes like Band or even science class could check into it.Would be homeschooling then drive to public school get him finish the day. They didn’t have that when I homeschooled for high school wish they did.

My thoughts on grants for research is we have things they need to research that are more important than why do farts stink yes yes that study exsisted. They need to be researching into epilepsy to women body issues that everyone lacks researching...They use men in many of the uterus researching....that says it all!
    Even then the dumbest thing they research even when they know their wrong they publish it...at least I’d hope they knew lol 😂 worrisome if they didn’t. Here’s a good study 📖 this is what I want to see more of with tax payers money! You gals this ones important a must read! This explains why I had a good memory then my uterus being blown to bits put together like Frankenstein has left me in mental fog y I can’t remember words I know I know or how to spell them!
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323999.php

https://youtu.be/bg03r8A--mQ

Even they say their text books told them useless dribble so they did this blind with research saying things like our uterus is for babies only to useless lol. Now we know it’s linked to Womens memory abilities y is linked to Dementia in Women. If this study is correct which I believe it is...Then this could explain why men with prostate cancer to Low-Testosterone levels get Dementia theirs is linked to their reproductive organs as well.

Amber Tx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

I read everything, retained not much LOL –

I thought of Lisa today, as I drove 2 hours (5:30-7:30 am) to get to a CPR/First Aid class that the corporate office of the camp I am working for was offering…. Gave me a chance to meet a bunch of the new folks. They fed us breakfast and lunch, paid us and the class then mid afternoon I drove 2.5 hours home (more traffic) – And lucky me I get to do it all over again tomorrow, same location different meeting. But really it is ok in the first 3 months it is the first time they didn’t come to me. I could have stayed, but then needed to find a dog sitter for Levi and I would have been in a bunk bed with a bunch of fun 20-30 year olds. And truly after the day I was ready for my quiet home. I have had dozens of CPR first aid classes but my certification had lapsed so was glad to get it again.

Well it is 8 pm and the only thing that sounds like a good idea is my book and bed. So that’s what I am going to do.

Kim from N. California
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    PS - I eat the eggs from the chickens we have at camp, they could not be more spoiled. 5 hens that I hold, have great conversations with and are brought scraps from the garden or the kitchen as well as chicken food.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Morning, afternoon and evening all,

NSV this morning was going to the gym at all... starting on my sixth week now, and this morning, it was all I could do to go. This is typical for me, as I really do hate the resistance exercises, but I know I need them. Also know that I can't do cardio every day, as my joints start breaking down quickly if I don't give myself a day in between. *sigh* Also know, if I don't go every day, I will eventually not go at all.

There are hazards to knowing yourself as well as we do now that we're older.... :D

Welcome to all who are new, hugs to those as need them, and Machka, if you didn't know it, you inspire me every day to just get up and keep going. Your strength is a marvel.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Thanks Lisa ... and well done going to the gym so regularly. :)

Machka in Oz
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    📙September Goals
    1. Lose weight.
    2. Exercise. Walk 30 minutes daily average. (Fitbit active minutes)
    3. Get dressed daily.
    4. Spend 20 minutes outside at least 4 days each week.

✔️I lost 6 lbs in August. I didn’t hit any of my posted goals for August. But, I feel like I’m back on track with low carb way of eating. Back in the groove. Lost 10.6 lbs since Aug 23rd. I’m starting to feel better. And, I’m feeling more motivated to get my steps done.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    back to school period in full action.

I paid for an office service to help me with admin stuff that I'm not doing. someone's coming for 2h tomorrow. it's close to same price as cleaning person and half comes back as tax credit. im so behind. I don't have it in my budget but it's an emergency and I've been dragging for months.

bursitis and inflammation in foot (same side as knee thing). woman doctor gave me subscription to go to rheumatologist and to foot doctor and get inserts made.

not very painful but it doesn't feel like it's right to walk much. (knee gets more irritated)

going to very good usual osteopath tomorrow and the man GP. I think I'm gonna change to the man GP cause the woman one seems a bit indifferent and I feel a bit like in an assembly line. you have to have one main declared gp and I had the woman to replace my old great doctor (retired) but she's just ok.the man is not fantastic but he seems more involved.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    grateful
    nice weather
    fan
    kind people
    friends
    osteopath
    doctor
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Playing catchup.

To all the new gals: You are heartily welcomed. Drop in often, comment when the spirit moves you. Compassionsate support is always available here.
    Heather: I feel your pain. Setting up a new computer is seldom straightforward.
    RV Rita: Hope DH has come through okay.

(((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 to those grieving or in need. Also for those in the path of Dorian.

Not quite so busy today so will catch up after lunch.
    It's v wet, so will do a walking video to get my cardio. Yesterday, PT gave me new exercises to do. Next appointment is in 3 weeks.
    Garden Group this morning. We are having early coffee and planning our visits up until Christmas.
    Then we will do our weekly grocery shopping.
    Hairdresser after lunch. My longer hairstyle is settling quite nicely.

Type to y'all later!

💠 LIVE! 💠 LAUGH! 💠 LEARN! 💠

☘️ Terri
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :'( Barbie sorry for your loss.
    <3
    Viv UK
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Barbie - So sorry for your loss.

Barbara - Love the pics of your vertical acres - and that blue is stunning!

Sue in WA - Thank you for this! Nearly spit my coffee out this morning. :D

pqi9aals6gj4.jpg

For those who are confused, my cat's name is Egg. No, I don't know why. I was listening to her yowl in the small kitty carrier as I was driving her home from rescuing her (with some help). Got her at about the age of six or eight weeks from under a friend's porch, where her feral mother had raised her. Thought, "Well, maybe I should name her Chick, since she's a girl." And the thought galloped across my mind, "Why would you do that, when her name is Egg?"

Kim - Lots of thinking time on those car trips for work. Had an entire month without one in August, it was lovely. :)

I've been tracking my calories over on the Fitbit site, since they have one, and I think I like MFP's tracking better.

Working on another monster grant over the next week or two, in partnership with the local university, where we happen to have one of our board members on the grants team. So, head down trying not to drown in federal requirements for the next week or so.

I'll be over here in Arkansas... just making it up as I go along. :p

Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shabadana, Linda from SE TX, lindabortner. Welcome back dandl1986.
    Rhonda SE of PDX, neither a Duck nor a Beaver but a Cal Bear ;) and you?
    Machka "... and they say love helps" It surely does miracles. Thank you for the update.
    Katla, thanks! Was going to finish the uprights and give it a second coat Tuesday but was still tacky, so finishing is put off 'til Thursday. Is there a Grocery Outlet near you? They have funny cute cards and sell for half list price ;)
    Heather I'm with you on laptop woes. After trying to activate BlueTooth for an external speaker, the (%*++#) thing froze up. Finally had to revert to system restore. Foo.
    Amber loved the story of your daughter and her male classmates. Tiny but mighty!
    Rebecca :love: your story and the pics. Thank you.
    LyndaBSS I googled Satire Chicken and got the impression there was an unfunny satire about torturing chickens. Thought pip meant payback for having to feed mean chickens as a child ;) Was relieved it was an autocorrect confusion instead :laugh:
    Cheri I laughed at the Tx Humor then saw your daily temps. Yow!
    Lisa loved the story of Egg's name. Glad you lassoed that galloping thought ;)

Didn't go to line dancing last night, TMI:
    Waited way too long to eat, then first bite was protein, yup, you guessed it, volcanic heartburn. Almost made it to the bathroom before the eruption. Frustrating as I know better, that's why when I'm really hungry I MUST start with salad greens. Oh well, the flip side is CI way under CO even without any bonus exercise. Pfaugh.

T'ai Chi in 4 plus hours so guess I'd better get some sleep.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for September: grit
    Steps-3470 vits-3 log-3 CICO-2 Tumble-1 mfp-3 AF-3