Replies

• Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Connie! Woo-hoo!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    my computer started going nuts, even was writing in another language I could only turn if off by pushing off button for 10 seconds. I'm doing all I can to protect. I turned on "fire vault" it's weird the very wired stuff is on and off so if I took it for repair it wouldn't necessarily be helpful.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Karen - Loving the outfit! <3 Whereabouts are they? It looks somewhere south?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

LOL!!! Yes, you might say that...the photo was taken at the in-law's home in Bonifacio, Corsica. They have been back & forth between there & Roanne (near Lyon) since the grandchildren arrived in France. They have gorgeous property/homes in both areas, and also somewhere in Switzerland, I think, for skiing. So beautiful.

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Yeah Connie! Doing the Onederland dance with you!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Connie Congratulations <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Yeah Connie!

Julie - I love saltines!!

Okie
  • LglSec
    LglSec Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am Sharon, AKA LglSec because I was a legal secretary for 34 years. I retired the end of March of this year. My husband and I had lost over Fifty pounds each on WW, but they changed the program and I am not a person that you can give a lot of wiggle room to. They had a lot of foods with zero points. ..but they are not zero calories and we gained about 30 pounds back Since I retired, I just cannot seem to get myself back in gear until I read about MFP in a magazine. I had joined this a long time ago, not sure why because I did not do much with it, but I am really enjoying putting in my foods and seeing what my calories, fats, etc. are ...I had a non scale victory today when I made cookies for Church, which I do every week. EAch cookie is 3 points, which did not seem to bother me when I was counting points ...but they are 140 calories each and that really bothers me ...I could have a whole lot more to eat with less calories than a cookie and it would satisfy me more ..so I did not have that cookie. I am also one of those person who cannot stop with just one ...so that was a win win.. I forgot to tell you. I am 67 years old and I do go to the gym 3 times a week and do circuit training and some weight training. I am not trying to get lots of muscles, I just want to get stronger!!!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Connie Congrats!

Lisa The flowers were a lovely gesture, & they are really beautiful.

Sharon LglSec Welcome!

______

Love to all,

Karen in Virginia
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Sharon ~ Welcome! Many who are most successful here do it the Calories In vs Calories Out way. I do count calories a lot but drinking wine every night keeps me from really losing. So, I mostly am trying not to gain any more. Have stayed within the same 5 pounds for years. I am very short 5' 1" so it all accumulated around my middle.

Connie - Congrats on getting to Onederland.

Wills Again: We only have one child so he will inherit anything we leave behind (or his wife and children should he pass). And, yes, we do try to make sure he will have an inheritance. I know that some have said that was not an important thing but that's the way my DH and I were brought up.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    My Dad added JR y Daughter to his will but it reads if him y me die they get it. Hubby not named on it. Mom was different going 1st Dad y me went through it all decided trash 🗑,Donate,Sell ,Keep At Dads or me,y Daughter. I have no siblings y My parents were both biological y Daughter was a minor so made it simple.Dad kept mom’s family at bay me too. When Dad goes it will be harder his family already took the house he’s still alive.So I’ll probably just get anything inside that’s left y his insurance policy if it doesn’t lapse. After the medical bills etc take all probably.So not expecting anything if I get something probably be small amount.He wants that to go to JR since he has 40yrs to live after we all die (20yrs after Daughter). He worries if we die that JR being so young may still be learning to swim 🏊‍♂️.

Amber Tx

Tried the healthy smart TV dinner boy salt was high! 650mg!!! So no more of those.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Connie super job, girlfriend.

Margaret thank you. We will have our 10th wedding anniversary in a few weeks. I was aware of most of that. Everything is in both names. We really have nothing of big monetary value, his tools and woodworking equipment would be worth the most. I would need to sell them for the cash value. I would have to sell our house which would bring a tidy profit and live in something much smaller, perhaps our motor home.

Janetr OKC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Medicare does not pay for if either spouse needs Nursing Home care. If you have a fall and need to stay in a rehab place they will cover 30 days. I know this from when my mom broke her hip. If you have a Long Term Health Care Insurance it will cover some of the cost of Nursing Home care. We went to a financial planner about 5 years ago and it would have been $5000 a year. You have to be in good health when you apply. I figured it would be so expensive to carry it and by the time I needed it there would be no money for my care so I passed on it.

Assisted living place have those who need Nursing Home care but cannot afford it. Assisted Living places are much cheaper. I remember trying to convince my mom to go into Assisted Living places. Knowing what I know now I am glad she didn't. She was best off in her home until she needed 24 hour care.

The five year look back refers to you gave give your children a certain amount of money a year as a gift. The amount has changed over the years. If you die within five years of the gift then they can be taxed on it. It used to be three years. I am not sure how they can enforce this but that is what the look back means.

We live in a society where either you have to have enough money or insurance to cover Nursing Home care or no money so the government picks up the tab.
    SAD State of affairs.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    @machka9 it's for each of us to decide what is high low or medium expectations I guess. What do you think for your two subjects. I guess "realistic" would be "medium". but so much comes into play. it's personal.

I would say graduating w masters is not low expectations and whether it is medium or high kind of depends probably on your habits, temperament, situation, classes, past experience and so on.

The 50k is really impossible for me to weigh in on. But I would say not low.

What would your examples of a high expectation or a low expectation be then.?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Just going to add my bit on wills. Jack and I DO NOT have one at all and I can't seem to convince him of the necessity of it. We have no, well very little, savings and no way could I live in this house on my income alone. Jack has three children and I have two. My girls have never mentioned or inquired about inheritance, but his three all have asked what they will get. Unfortunately their mother has convinced them he has money. I'm not sure how she thinks this, upon their divorcing she got half of everything, his 401k, his military retirement p!us $1700 per month alimony for 15 years. I'm concerned they will try to overrun me and carry all of his shop tools and equipment and vehicles. It concerns me. I have no care what happens to any of it when I'm gone. When I moved in
    With Jack I gave all my sentimental items to my daughters and let them take with them any items wanted.

Janetr OKC

You might want to check the law regarding dying without a will. It's possible his first wife could get everything that is in his name. Or everything that is over a certain dollar amount.

I had a small "heart attack" when I discovered that's the case here.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Machka Somehow I missed that you are sick! I was rereading a couple of other posts I apparently missed when I saw your post about not feeling at all well. I hope you are better by the time you read this. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - any more news on our little ballerina?

<3 Note that she's ours now. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Ppppp