Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Thoughts on the “glamourizing/normalizing” obesity vs body positivity conversations

1789101113»

Replies

• rwecker5782rwecker5782 Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    Although fascinated with this thread, I couldn't read all comments before I wanted to add something.
    Humans are attracted to and love looking at beautiful, healthy, strong things including people. That said, there is a wide range of what people think is beautiful, healthy, and strong looking!
    Unhealthy people are a cost to society in healthcare and other ways.
    The food industry reminds me of TikTok and other media: They expertly and scientifically grab us and keep us coming back to them for things that increase their bottom line, not to things that benefit our health and well being! And on top of it all, we are then "blamed" for our predicaments! We are labeled "addicts" and "lazy". It is hard to eat well and live well when we are being unwittingly controlled and sabotaged by corporations that know exactly how to manipulate our brains and bodies.

• Theoldguy1Theoldguy1 Member Posts: 1,405 Member Member Posts: 1,405 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Although fascinated with this thread, I couldn't read all comments before I wanted to add something.
    Humans are attracted to and love looking at beautiful, healthy, strong things including people. That said, there is a wide range of what people think is beautiful, healthy, and strong looking!
    Unhealthy people are a cost to society in healthcare and other ways.
    The food industry reminds me of TikTok and other media: They expertly and scientifically grab us and keep us coming back to them for things that increase their bottom line, not to things that benefit our health and well being! And on top of it all, we are then "blamed" for our predicaments! We are labeled "addicts" and "lazy". It is hard to eat well and live well when we are being unwittingly controlled and sabotaged by corporations that know exactly how to manipulate our brains and bodies.

These evil corporations aren't standing in front of you forcing food into your mouth. Put your big girl panties on and take responsibility for your own actions.

Beat me to it, thank you.