I'm not sure I understand the point of bathing...

Options
123457»

Replies

• Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I love my baths. I usually have one a week (shower the rest of the time) and it has bubble bath or oil or some kind of nice smelly thing in it. I put my music on and have a glass of wine (its usually in the evening). I love it. But, I shower off after because whatever smellies stuff I have used would still be on my skin and hair.

I shower every day so it's not like I am laying in tonnes of dirt and grime lol.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Ditto, I have baths, I'm not dirty enough to be "sitting in my own filth" I have showers when I'm in a rush but baths all the way!
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    It'd just be weird if I peed in the bathtub.....so I usually take showers
  • BearEssentials
    BearEssentials Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The only good reason to have a bathtub:

tumblr_mhpp1owkBU1rwdfeoo1_500.jpg

Not sure I would want to share with them :laugh: At least they have been considerate enough to take the tap end. I guess me and ducky get the deep end!

Is RG showing her how large the fish was he caught at the weekend?
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I shower daily, but my favorites are surprise bubble baths scattered with rose petals, candles, wine, soft music and strawberries secretly prepared by my partner. Believe me, we aren't worrying about the "dirty" water.
  • gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    OH and I shower every day but I love to relax in a hot bath with a glass of wine and a good book while she watches tv downstairs. We are just having a new bathroom installed and I have ordered a double ended whirlpool bath to be fitted in the hope that she will watch less tv.....:love:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    The only good reason to have a bathtub:

tumblr_mhpp1owkBU1rwdfeoo1_500.jpg

Not sure I would want to share with them :laugh: At least they have been considerate enough to take the tap end. I guess me and ducky get the deep end!

Is RG showing her how large the fish was he caught at the weekend?

do you seriously not know what movie this is from?
  • dazzer1975
    dazzer1975 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The correct etiquette is bathe, then shower.

Tru story bro.:tongue:
  • FeleciaMiller
    FeleciaMiller Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ok. At first I thought "who on Earth could be starting a post knocking basic hygiene?" Then I read it and get it. It's the whole TUB thing versus shower. Well...I interject that as much as it feels good to soak in a tub...my buoyant parts don't go below the water line. Plus unless you throw in a celery stick and some Clamato juice, I don't get sitting in your own stew. I love showers. Love to feel squeaky clean. Wish I had a shower boy like in Ancient Rome. Is that bad?

^^^ Thought the same thing until I clicked on it.

if I could bathe everyday I would. I don't have the time. I also like my water as hot as I can take it.
    So to sum it up I take hot showers and bathe maybe once every 6 months..
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    I workout so much lately i am starting to question if i should even shower everyday... because screw it i am just going to be back at the gym in about 6 hours....
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    If/when I take a bath it's not to get clean...maybe to relax or soak sore muscles but I always drain the tub and then take a shower to get clean. I also give my kids showers when they're done playing in the tub. I don't think baths get people clean.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I shower every night and take a bath every morning. Mostly because I find it helps my achy back and helps loosen me up after a deep sleep :smile:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I actually took a bath. It is pretty disgusting but if you like to clean on a consistent basis, and that includes the bathtub, I guess you could take a bath if you want to frequently.

I hope most people DO clean their bathtubs on a regular basis??? In my house, everyone knows to grab the Ajax and get to scrubbing as soon as their water has drained!!! :laugh:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Oh no ma'am only time I bathe is if I'm freezing and need to warm up, cramping really bad from PMS (And I have to turn the shower on after I'm ready to get out to just feel clean) and when my muscles are sore. I'm a very clean person and think the only way you can get CLEAN real clean is by showering. My daughter hates it but I'll give her a bath then turn the shower on her and she hates it. My tub stays clean it has to no matter what, my kids both have sensitive skin. But there are 4 of us using the same tub.
  • jfort1988
    jfort1988 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Since I only have a shower, I generally don't take baths. But I prefer them anyway because baths are too quiet.