Are you a mess? Post here

Replies

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    I dont I've in a neighborhood with an HOA but my neighbors are banning together to protest my lawn care methods.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Sometimes I watch those day in the life vlogs on YouTube where some 25 year old wakes up in the morning with no eye crust and goes straight to the gym. Then they stop at a Chick-fil-A and film themselves eating... oblivious to the crowded diner that surrounds them. After that they might do an unboxing of a new pair of sandblasted jeans that came in the mail, which they smugly claim they "don't remember ordering".
    I think to myself, man, this new generation has their faculties in order.

As for me?
    I have to give myself a pep talk in the car before I go inside Walmart to buy more antacid pills. My vlogs would be so damn pathetic it's not even funny.

Those people are generally narcissistic idiots.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited September 2019
    Did you know there are some sports parents who actually get those little seats that make bleachers more comfortable? And they actually remember to bring them to the games? And they have blankets and everything for cold weather? They amaze me. I only remember that I want to buy a seat like that in the summer, then I think "Oh, I'll get that during soccer/football/rugby season...then I never remember until I'm sitting on those darn uncomfy bleachers. Usually freezing my *kitten* off. Sometimes I remember a blanket...but I only remember to set it by the front door and then leave it there as I drive away. And I've been a sport parent for many many many years.

For what its worth....I haven't been able to actually get a grocery list to the grocery store in about twenty years. I always forget them at home on the counter or leave them in the car. I'm not an all together.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I exist on a scale between composed, organised and professional, and being an anxious wreck who forgets why they left the house 🤷‍♀️
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I have 6 different goals, each with conflicting actions required to achieve them and not enough time for more than 2. Certainly not enough coherent brain power to contemplate the necessary steps required. At least now one is done. 5 more to go
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    I bought decaf coffee. I had to drink that for a week 😩
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    I live in a bathrobe and socks between the hours of 530pm and 5am most days

Gawd I love you 😅
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Sometimes I sleep on top of my covers because I don't feel like making the bed.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - Another Chance (Above & Beyond Club Mix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbOJrafEAqo
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Same here, just a bathrobe & socks, nothing else.

Except....well, I don't wear the bathrobe.

That's what the maid told me!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I put ice cream in my coffee this morning because I forgot to pick up creamer.

I've done this before for the same reason. Wasn't as good as I expected. Do not reccomend.
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I'm a horrible hot mess then. We refer to the pets as Fatso, The Queen and The Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

Yes, we have pet names for our pets. I just realized how pathetic that is. :s

My cat's name is Lucy, but she's a snooty lil so-and-so, so I call her Princess Poops-in-a-Box to keep her in her place.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Sometimes I sleep on top of my covers because I don't feel like making the bed.

You make your bed!?! Who does that???
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I'm a hot mess who lives in a house with three cats and has no IRL friends. Books and cats are my only real comforts most days.. that and booze.

I can't even drag my fat self to the gym because I lack drive and ambition (I guess). I'm also afraid of fit military *kitten* judging me for being in the gym (which they do that, btw).

If I do laundry, it'll be at least a week before it goes from being cleaned to getting put up. Same with dishes. I won't do them until it's necessary.

I live in a state of "barely functioning" I guess.

Also blocks of cheese, boxes of cereal and saltine crackers exist for days where I don't want to cook, which is nearly all of them. :laugh:
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    I'm a hot mess who lives in a house with three cats and has no IRL friends. Books and cats are my only real comforts most days.. that and booze.

I can't even drag my fat self to the gym because I lack drive and ambition (I guess). I'm also afraid of fit military *kitten* judging me for being in the gym (which they do that, btw).

If I do laundry, it'll be at least a week before it goes from being cleaned to getting put up. Same with dishes. I won't do them until it's necessary.

Also blocks of cheese, boxes of cereal and saltine crackers exist for days where I don't want to cook, which is nearly all of them. :laugh:

It’s like looking in a mirror...

Except I buy cheese pre-shredded and eat it out of the bag like Big League Chew 😂
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    theresa120 wrote: »

It’s like looking in a mirror...

Except I buy cheese pre-shredded and eat it out of the bag like Big League Chew 😂

:laugh:

I like sharper cheese than they put in those bags, so I have to do it the old fashioned way.. although I have been known to just take bites out of the block and dispense with cutting it. :laugh:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Same here, just a bathrobe & socks, nothing else.

Except....well, I don't wear the bathrobe.

That's what the maid told me!

@RunHardBeStrong

Ha!

Yeah..... she can't keep her mouth shut, can she ???