fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    i am thinking of watching midsommer this weekend

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

I actually had an almost visceral reaction to that scene. I think it would be kind of cathartic to have everyone mourn with you physically like that. I’m very reserved and don’t show a lot of emotion so seeing everyone respond with her in the same physical display of emotion was kind of neat.

Don’t pee on any logs though!

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

I actually had an almost visceral reaction to that scene. I think it would be kind of cathartic to have everyone mourn with you physically like that. I’m very reserved and don’t show a lot of emotion so seeing everyone respond with her in the same physical display of emotion was kind of neat.

tbh her boyfriend did nothing wrong. it wasn't his fault.

no spoliers pls

i watched it so y’all can talk about it now

And? What did you think?

it was pretty good, there were parts of it that made me super uncomfortable and would rather not think about like her parents and sister and then the panic attacks but i liked how the cult was endearing and kinda warm but also murderous and bizarre, like u didnt know whether to love or fear it

Right? And also that Anthropologie aesthetic they have going down is hella cute. I want a flower crown! The guy who brought them there was kinda cute too... maybe just don’t
    win that May Queen dance and it would be alright!
    Just finished Midsommer and it was weird. Great acting though.

I think it’s supposed to be weird and make you uncomfortable. I feel like that’s the horror aspect, that unsettling feeling. Florence Pugh is great! She’s awesome. I love her. Can’t wait to see more of her
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Next i'm watching 1BR on Netflix. I'll probably try to watch everything on my Netflix list in the next couple of weeks.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

no spoliers pls

And? What did you think?

it was pretty good, there were parts of it that made me super uncomfortable and would rather not think about like her parents and sister and then the panic attacks but i liked how the cult was endearing and kinda warm but also murderous and bizarre, like u didnt know whether to love or fear it

Right? And also that Anthropologie aesthetic they have going down is hella cute. I want a flower crown! The guy who brought them there was kinda cute too... maybe just don’t
    win that May Queen dance and it won’t be alright!

yep instant crush on tall blue eyed guy who recruited girl into cult 😍😍😍

and YES the coachella flower hair bands were awesome but the best like THE BEST part was how the visible aura around Dani changed 180 thru the movie from the dead plants in her apartment to the green fields then the grass growing into her feet then the flowers in her hair and then more and more and more and she was so weighed down by these beautiful bright colored flowers and leaves she couldnt even have a proper panic attack without stumbling

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

no spoliers pls

And? What did you think?

and YES the coachella flower hair bands were awesome but the best like THE BEST part was how the visible aura around Dani changed 180 thru the movie from the dead plants in her apartment to the green fields then the grass growing into her feet then the flowers in her hair and then more and more and more and she was so weighed down by these beautiful bright colored flowers and leaves she couldnt even have a proper panic attack without stumbling

the really creepy part is when you see her parents lying in bed at the beginning after her sister allegedly did the thing and then see a flower wreath placed over the picture of Dani in the background.

just sayin, i think Pelle had more to do with bringing Dani along to the Hargas than the movie lets on at first glance.
  • ermengarde22
    edited September 2020
    Options

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

no spoliers pls

And? What did you think?

the really creepy part is when you see her parents lying in bed at the beginning after her sister allegedly did the thing and then see a flower wreath placed over the picture of Dani in the background.

just sayin, i think Pelle had more to do with bringing Dani along to the Hargas than the movie lets on at first glance.

w

h

a

t

t h e

f

u

c

k

when were u ever going to tell me this???
  • iMago
    Options

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

no spoliers pls

And? What did you think?

w

h

a

t

t h e

f

u

c

k

haha yeah kinda makes their first meeting look a little different right? the way he was looking at her, like he already knew her.
  • ermengarde22
    Options

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

no spoliers pls

And? What did you think?

w

h

a

t

t h e

f

u

c

k

haha yeah kinda makes their first meeting look a little different right? the way he was looking at her, like he already knew her.

still that’s pretty romantic tho
  • fstrickl
    Options
    Okay, @iMago and @sweet_ermengarde you're making me think that even though I watched this 2ish months ago (on the Summer Solstice actually, it was a deliberate choice) I need to rewatch it. I never noticed the wreath or her aura! Did Pelle "scout" her? So many questions now . . .
  • iMago
    Options
    Okay, @iMago and @sweet_ermengarde you're making me think that even though I watched this 2ish months ago (on the Summer Solstice actually, it was a deliberate choice) I need to rewatch it. I never noticed the wreath or her aura! Did Pelle "scout" her? So many questions now . . .

oh i think he definitely put everything in motion just to get her to come along on the trip
  • ermengarde22
    Options

oh i think he definitely put everything in motion just to get her to come along on the trip

omg omg omg i just remembered the other commune people were like “pelle is the BEST at recruiting people”
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Watching "Bram Stoker's Dracula" and my deep dark secret is that this is probably my least-favorite Dracula film
  • iMago
    Options
    Watching "Bram Stoker's Dracula" and my deep dark secret is that this is probably my least-favorite Dracula film

no way. Tom Waits is in that movie. so it's instantly the best Dracula movie
  • fstrickl
    Options

What's the best Dracula? Any Dracula I've seen (granted it's not been a lot) have been so-so at best. Did you see Steven Moffat's Dracula (a netflix mini series). It was very . . . Steven Moffat-y.

Started watching "What we do in the Shadows" TV show...so far it's chuckle worthy. I have a hard time not comparing it to the movie (which I loved).
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

I love Tom Waits in Mystery Men, but my distaste for this movie borders on hatred. This viewing might just push me over the edge.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

What's the best Dracula? Any Dracula I've seen (granted it's not been a lot) have been so-so at best. Did you see Steven Moffat's Dracula (a netflix mini series). It was very . . . Steven Moffat-y.

Started watching "What we do in the Shadows" TV show...so far it's chuckle worthy. I have a hard time not comparing it to the movie (which I loved).

I'd have to look up the one I liked the best, if I remember tomorrow I'll do it and post here
  • iMago
    Options

I love Tom Waits in Mystery Men, but my distaste for this movie borders on hatred. This viewing might just push me over the edge.

it's just the best one for me.
    Tom waits as Renfield.
    Gary oldman in demonic bat scene
    Billy Campbell as Quincey the texan with the bowie knife in that awesome tracking shot at the end when he shanks Dracula.

plus it spawned the best Dracula parody movie ever...

https://youtu.be/RKbr8arXVJM
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

Tom waits as Renfield.
    Billy Campbell as Quincey the texan with the bowie knife in that awesome tracking shot at the end when he shanks Dracula.

Tom Waits was probably the best part of it (there were actually a few good performances). I've tried and I just can't stop hating that version for some reason. Ah well. Shudder is showing a horror movie on Shudder TV every night at 9pm EST until Halloween, so that was yesterday's entry.
  • iMago
    Options

Tom waits as Renfield.

Tom Waits was probably the best part of it (there were actually a few good performances). I've tried and I just can't stop hating that version for some reason. Ah well. Shudder is showing a horror movie on Shudder TV every night at 9pm EST until Halloween, so that was yesterday's entry.

i dropped my sub a while back and only been watching the Joe Bob stuff through other means. i still haven't even watched their showing of Hell Comes to Frogtown, and that was after like a year i spent spamming Darcy on twitter with gifs from it.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

Tom waits as Renfield.

i dropped my sub a while back and only been watching the Joe Bob stuff through other means. i still haven't even watched their showing of Hell Comes to Frogtown, and that was after like a year i spent spamming Darcy on twitter with gifs from it.

The slumber party they did recently is worth a watch, it was cool--loads of guests, and the guests were cool. It was a lotta fun, definitely find it if you haven't seen it yet
  • iMago
    Options

Tom waits as Renfield.

The slumber party they did recently is worth a watch, it was cool--loads of guests, and the guests were cool. It was a lotta fun, definitely find it if you haven't seen it yet

i already got it in my Plex but haven't sat down for it yet.
    i did watch that one movie Host, but i thought it was terrible.

did you bother with Underwater? that movie with Kristin Stewart where she's underwater? its actually awesome