Horror Movies

Options

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe I’ll watch another episode of Dark. (Technically Not horror, but kinda creepy!)
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    It's Friday night--horror movie night! It starts at 9. What are you watching?

Pumpkinhead.
    my pops took me to see it in theaters when i was a kid and I've always associated Lance Henriksen with my dad cause of it.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

Pumpkinhead.
    my pops took me to see it in theaters when i was a kid and I've always associated Lance Henriksen with my dad cause of it.

That's a good one--heavier story than you'd expect from something from that era. We're lookin for something light and slashy tonight, still deciding
  • iMago
    Options

Pumpkinhead.

That's a good one--heavier story than you'd expect from something from that era. We're lookin for something light and slashy tonight, still deciding

Behind the Mask the Rise of Leslie Vernon maybe?
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

Pumpkinhead.

You just named one of my top 3 favorite horror movies, so even though no prize was offered, you've won one.

We're starting with Sleepaway Camp 2, but are deciding between Slumber Party Massacre and Jawbreaker for the follow-up
  • iMago
    Options

Pumpkinhead.

You just named one of my top 3 favorite horror movies, so even though no prize was offered, you've won one.

We're starting with Sleepaway Camp 2, but are deciding between Slumber Party Massacre and Jawbreaker for the follow-up

it's a great movie. i still hold out hope for another movie or something more to the story beyond the comic book

now I've got the "im a happy camper" song stuck in my head
  • BrustMannEiner
    BrustMannEiner Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I spit on Your Grave is a good one. I like the original best.

Also, I don't think you can go wrong with comedy horror like Army of Darkness, Little Shop of Horrors, or House of 1k Corpses.

Then there are the classics like Psycho, Child's Play, Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. Of course, the first movies are the best and seem to get shittier as the series continues.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

Pumpkinhead.

it's a great movie. i still hold out hope for another movie or something more to the story beyond the comic book

ud7qvlabm0co.jpeg

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that you know that film. But it’s always fun to find someone else who knows about it, let alone who likes it. Allow me to share the art on my living room with wall
  • iMago
    Options

Pumpkinhead.

ud7qvlabm0co.jpeg

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that you know that film. But it’s always fun to find someone else who knows about it, let alone who likes it. Allow me to share the art on my living room with wall

I'll post a pic of my horror art and tag you in it next time i feel like standing up to take pics. my cthulhu print always get a few raised eyebrows and i couldn't be happier about it every single time
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

Pumpkinhead.

ud7qvlabm0co.jpeg

I'll post a pic of my horror art and tag you in it next time i feel like standing up to take pics. my cthulhu print always get a few raised eyebrows and i couldn't be happier about it every single time

Definitely let me see it. You make arts, don't you? Did you do your Cthulhu one? Almost all prints we have on the walls in the living room were done by local-ish artists, mostly picked up from horror cons in Michigan.

And they're starting the Happy Campers song now
  • iMago
    Options

Pumpkinhead.

ud7qvlabm0co.jpeg

Definitely let me see it. You make arts, don't you? Did you do your Cthulhu one? Almost all prints we have on the walls in the living room were done by local-ish artists, mostly picked up from horror cons in Michigan.

And they're starting the Happy Campers song now

i used to make a lot of stuff but the back injury happening last year pretty much ruined all that. all my stuff is buried in the closet now or burned.

but i didn't make the cthulhu one either way i just found it on etsy years ago.
    I've got some other lovecraftian art up from a really great texas artist though. I'll make sure to post that for sure.
  • fstrickl
    Options
    I spit on Your Grave is a good one. I like the original best.

Also, I don't think you can go wrong with comedy horror like Army of Darkness, Little Shop of Horrors, or House of 1k Corpses.

Then there are the classics like Psycho, Child's Play, Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. Of course, the first movies are the best and seem to get shittier as the series continues.

This is a great musical, I would not call it a horror though. Maybe if you really hate the dentist though.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sleepaway Camp 2 is done, about to start Jawbreaker for this Friday's double-feature--oops, black-comedy but not necessarily horror. Ah well. We'll count "close" tonight
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options
    Doing a third because we know how to party, Slumber Party Massacre
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    most horror movies are garbage. (most attempts at comedy too)

Great Horror:

Let the Right One In (original, not the US remake)

The VVitch

Ringo (Japanese original, not the *kitten* US remake)

I think the US version of The Ring is actually pretty well crafted. It’s got a distinct style and atmosphere. That movie messed me up so bad as a kid. All the other sequels are garbage though.

Just watched The Witch... Always wonder how more effective these movies would be if I was superstitious. Nonetheless there was great family drama on one level in that movie.. like Hereditary and Hill House.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    i am thinking of watching midsommer this weekend

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

I actually had an almost visceral reaction to that scene. I think it would be kind of cathartic to have everyone mourn with you physically like that. I’m very reserved and don’t show a lot of emotion so seeing everyone respond with her in the same physical display of emotion was kind of neat.

Don’t pee on any logs though!

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

I actually had an almost visceral reaction to that scene. I think it would be kind of cathartic to have everyone mourn with you physically like that. I’m very reserved and don’t show a lot of emotion so seeing everyone respond with her in the same physical display of emotion was kind of neat.

tbh her boyfriend did nothing wrong. it wasn't his fault.

no spoliers pls

i watched it so y’all can talk about it now

• fstrickl
    Options

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

no spoliers pls

And? What did you think?
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

no spoliers pls

And? What did you think?

it was pretty good, there were parts of it that made me super uncomfortable and would rather not think about like her parents and sister and then the panic attacks but i liked how the cult was endearing and kinda warm but also murderous and bizarre, like u didnt know whether to love or fear it
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Just finished Midsommer and it was weird. Great acting though.
  • fstrickl
    Options

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

fkv6k2t9atcu.png

no spoliers pls

And? What did you think?

it was pretty good, there were parts of it that made me super uncomfortable and would rather not think about like her parents and sister and then the panic attacks but i liked how the cult was endearing and kinda warm but also murderous and bizarre, like u didnt know whether to love or fear it

Right? And also that Anthropologie aesthetic they have going down is hella cute. I want a flower crown! The guy who brought them there was kinda cute too... maybe just don’t
    win that May Queen dance and it won’t be alright!
    Just finished Midsommer and it was weird. Great acting though.

I think it’s supposed to be weird and make you uncomfortable. I feel like that’s the horror aspect, that unsettling feeling. Florence Pugh is great! She’s awesome. I love her. Can’t wait to see more of her