WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Romwriter57
    Romwriter57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @sh0tzz99 Olives! I forgot I have a ton of those. I do track calories, too. and try to keep under the suggested limit for my height/weight/activity level. I'm also an avid cook, so thanks for the recipe link - going there in just a bit.

Thanks for all the tips. Good ones. I know what you mean about good shoes. I've have had plantar fasciitis and bone spurs, so walking is a sometimes-ok, sometimes-not thing. I've never ridden a bike, tho. May have to give that a whirl and shop for one of those cute beach cruiser ones.

CB in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,594 Member
    Options
    D
  • gingerbeericecold
    gingerbeericecold Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'll start signing my entries with my name. :p I go by Kathleen.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Shelly - welcome to a great group

looks like I'm going to have to skip exercise tomorrow. Vince wants to go to the Hallmark Ornament debut and wants to leave at 7:15. I just don't see where I'm going to have the time. But Sunday I'll do a yoga, pilates and cardio fusion DVD

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,594 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day
    no gym workout.

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.21min, 135mhr, 11.4amph, 1.58mi= 86c
    apple watch- 92c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.43min, 129mhr, 15.7amph, 1.49mi= 56c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.15min, 139mhr, 11.2amph, 3.02mi= 162c
    apple watch- 150c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.22min, 146mhr, 9.59min mi, .53mi= 70c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.15min, 9.16min mi, .45mi= didn’t record
    apple watch- 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.15min, 7.3amph, 150mhr, 2.57mi= 238c
    apple watch- 219c

Total cal 677
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,741 Member
    Options
    Night night ladies I'm tuckered had a blast and more fun tomorrow..
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴
  • Romwriter57
    Romwriter57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, @Shellys_Start and welcome. I'm new here too. Just got here today.

Wishing you best of luck with your weight loss endeavors. You can do this! We're all struggling to reach goals.

CB in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,980 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Machka – I just went ah ha! When you mentioned that one of the early carers for your DH was someone who clicked with your way of doing things… could you reach out to her about doing side work to help with your filing etc…

Kim from N. California

No, unfortunately when she left she went to the mainland. She's somewhere up near the NSW/Queensland border now, I think, in a live-in carer position. If she had stayed even a month or two longer, I would have got her (and my husband) going on the filing!

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    M - I can't seem to upload the Word file. I even changed it to a pdf, MFP won't allow me to post it.

Michele in NC

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M - I can't seem to upload the Word file. I even changed it to a pdf, MFP won't allow me to post it.

Michele in NC

Where do you want to upload the file to?

• Machka9
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Romwriter57 - Exercise at home is my thing too. I also hate the gym and live where the weather is mild most of the year. I have a little "home gym" with adjustable dumbbells that go from 5 pounds to 25 pounds (we have heavier ones too, for the mister). I also have some smaller, non-adjustable dumbbells. I have mats for floor work, bands, and I use my body weight a lot. We have a bench too. It's all very compact and does the job very well.

I also walk/run and ride a bike. We go for hikes on weekends sometimes or even just walk to/from dinner for a little extra calorie burn.

Tina in CA

Us too! :)

Because of my husband's situation, we invested in an indoor setup including treadmill, rowing machine, and bicycles on trainers with Zwift.

But we had a small bench and both adjustable and non-adjustable weights. We've recently picked up bands too because they create a workout similar to what we're doing in our pilates classes.

And we go outside whenever possible to cycle, walk/run/hike, etc.

This is an early version of our home gym ... it's more extensive and done up nicer now. :)

7mfuvfd9te3h.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »

Michele in NC

Where do you want to upload the file to?

If you are trying to post something in this thread, you can only post images (or videos). Use Snipping Tool to "take a picture" of whatever it is, and post that.

M in Oz
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Well kind of like those dump cakes I see online. I guess more like a coffee cake. I suppose I need to research this a bit more!
    💖Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Options
    A short tutorial ... :)
    Machka9 wrote: »
    For @exermom (Michele in NC) and others ...

You can use Quick Tools to populate a week or more ahead (called "pre-logging"). I often do this because I eat very similar things each day. Pre-logging helps me stay within my calories because I can choose to not eat something I've prelogged if I don't have enough calories for it ... or I can choose to have something extra if I do! :)

2weizy4h6qmp.png

Have a play with the different menu options and settings as well. :)

zr5amz2agfcc.png

After using several other similar tools, from my experience, MFP is the best I've seen. Yes, it has some issues, but overall, it is pretty good. And I like that the foods aren't all USA.

I eat the same thing for lunch most days, so I used the Quick Tools to select Remember Meal and saved it as M's Lunch.

When I go over to My Meals, I can see it there. I cannot select one item or delete one item from here.

8b553b4tlizq.png

But I go back to Food Diary and click Add Food under Lunch and then go to Meals to find M's Lunch. I select it.

0prg0o3ni6tf.png

It appears under Lunch with little red dots beside each food item. I can click those dots to delete a particular food item if I didn't eat it at that particular lunch. I can also Add Foods to add in something different. So if you've got a usual meal or recipe with multiple items, and one day you substituted a couple items, this would be a quick way to make that change for this particular meal. If you ate it over two days, you can copy one day to the next.

bjy5vhy4k7bu.png

Using features like these, I spend maybe 5 minutes a day logging my food. :)

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,508 Member
    Options
    Oof! Somehow forgot that line dancing was tonight. Wiped myself out walking Tumble for and hour down and back UP the lane. When the “Line Dancing” alarm went off, had to admit I was too pooped to go. Fooey!

Sh0tzz99/Tina in CA Brava. “adulting is really hard” you're right! Still struggling with the inner whiny child. ;}
    Welcome Claire from TX, “log every drop” Bingo.
    Lanette Big ditto what you said about Lisa's romatic story.
    Karen in VA likewise :heart: the gifts of service your partner gives.
    NYKaren “thermostat wars” hahahahahaha!
    Barbie “going to the hardware store looking for lemonade “ laughing out loud!!!
    Lisa stumbled reading “. they don't change. I honestly do not believe they can. “ Depends on the change. Can Joe empathize with me while I'm processing? Nope, never gonna happen. Does Joe now hear me when I say our secret words and take time to process before digging in his heels on a hard fast no? Sometimes. IF I give him time. Occasionally he'll even use the “C” (compromise) word. Those are BIG changes. Thanks in part to counseling, mostly because in fact he really does love me, amazing as that is. LOVE the adult “timeout chairs”
    Rori, alas I never lived in S.California but hope to visit Greeley Colorado in the next few years for a Skye Terrier specialty.
    Katla criticism instead of empathy stinks. Does your DH know there are consequences for that “gift”?
    Beth “secretly changed...” hahahahahaha
    Machka “part time wife” oh yeah.
    Kay con VERY grats on retiring the mortgage. Well done!
    SuziQ “One small change in method can lead to lasting results “ so true that. So glad you and Charlie developed those skills, makes your loss all the harder.
    Sharon “Huevos divorciada” LOL!
    Amber praying the meds work fast. Can't imagine being in your situation, needing to be in hospital but unable to leave JR with anyone else.
    Rebecca it sounds yummy. Could you maybe grind up some oats in the blender, stir in with the chopped walnuts to make a crumble topping? Maybe the walnuts would provide the needed oil, otherwise, just a dab of butter or avocado oil for browning?
    Welcome Romwriter in the TX Hill Country. The best exercise is the one you like, for me it's dancing. Tons of line dancing “how to's” on you tube. But for the fatigue you might try restorative yoga. Don't olives pack a big sodium punch? Oh well, the water weight comes off quickly. Prayers for your complete recovery.
    Welcome Shelly in NB
    Kathleen I'm awed by your activity level, and your little pooch keeps up? What a powerful duo!
    Miakoda Which kind of terrier is Miss Merriwether? She's a beaut!
    Machka thanks for the My Meals tutorial, that will save me a lot of time!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for October: get up and do it!
    Steps=7016 :) vits=4 log=4 CI<250<CO=3 Tumble=3 mfp=4 AF=3