WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    I know that she finds this embarrassing, but beyond that I know my heart was/is in the right place. That this will limit the quality of her life, and maybe the length of her life. But that it is her choice. She is choosing to not consider the options, not to admit it is a choice, and to blame. She may be scared, angry? But that is not my fault or responsibility. Still I feel sad.

Kim from N. California

So sorry your mom is being unreasonable. She is probably both embarrassed and scared. Your heart is in the right place.

I hope the lunch with your friends was the break you needed. :)
  • jean060
    jean060 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd pop in......don't know if I am posting a reply or just making a comment in the group😂
    StArted a new job as a career and need to lose weight so I am fit enough to do it, have had a great first week (again)
    I have had thousands of first weeks.........need the motivation and will power to get on top of this overeating lark😡
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Tttt
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    I know that she finds this embarrassing, but beyond that I know my heart was/is in the right place. That this will limit the quality of her life, and maybe the length of her life. But that it is her choice. She is choosing to not consider the options, not to admit it is a choice, and to blame. She may be scared, angry? But that is not my fault or responsibility. Still I feel sad.

Kim from N. California

So sorry your mom is being unreasonable. She is probably both embarrassed and scared. Your heart is in the right place.

I hope the lunch with your friends was the break you needed. :)

KIM - ditto. Hopefully you have planted a seed with your mom. Does she have a medical/financial power of attorney and if so, are you the person in charge and executor?

I am so glad she is still able to be independent and drive at her age.

(((((hugs))))💓

Lanette
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((KIM)))
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stat for the day:

0 runner- 50min= 50min, 119ahr, 151mhr, 106c, 10h, 41l, 9.39min mi, 8-9lvl, 5.19mi= 441c
    Apple Watch- 371c

total cal 441
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    On catchup again. Very busy last few days. Up to p53. Skimming so possibly no comments. Until caught up. 💕💖💕

☘️ Terri

Later: caught up, but too bushed to remember comments. Off to bed. 💤💤💤
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Machka in Oz - Looking at that picture of the ferry makes me nearly seasick.

I don't understand people who eat out for lunch every day. I know many people don't have to "worry" about money, but there are so many reasons not to do that beyond saving money. The mister has discovered weight gain since he started working again. They feed him 2 times per week via catering, usually more often due to leftovers, and he is complaining about gaining weight.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Qqq
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    M – it’s been a long time since I’ve had fast food. No, I take that back. When we went to visit Denise, do you know that around there isn’t one place that serves breakfast like a Perkins Pancake House or Bob Evans? So I had to go to a McDonalds and have one of their egg sandwiches. But it’s been a very long time since I’ve had a fast food burger. Update: we stopped at a McD’s and I just had the fruit & yogurt parfait. Then had a fruit strip that I had in my pocketbook

Heather – you’re such a good cook. Do you make cutout cookies with the grands? Admitted that doesn’t take 6 hours, but it could easily take up 2 or 3. What about making bread? Things that they can take home with them….lol

We went to this place in South Carolina and got some bisq for ceramics

Rishi – welcome. Really, 7 pounds isn’t all that much. Enough, but it could be worse. You’ll get it off, I’m sure of that. Just keep coming in here.

Vince just grilled the pork chops and the pork tenderloin and the salmon. I must have made the pork tenderloin medallions pretty big because there aren’t as many servings as I would have expected. Was in the 70’s

SuziQ – that’s just great that you were continually losing. I tend to lose, gain, lose, gain the same pound or two.

Janetr – lovely decorations

Heather – sounds like you had a lovely day. Lovely AND exhausting!

Kim – (((BIG HUG))) Everyone said what was in my mind so I won’t repeat it

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    I turned around and my spoon rest was broken. I really liked it. It's of a cat made by Boston Warehouse. Only I don't see it on their website. I do hope they still make it. I've written to the company to see if they make it and I just don't see it.

Michele in NC