Options
1787980818284»

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    🎃🕸🕷 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! 🕷🕸🎃

I have had a great 3 months weight wise. Lost 16.2 lbs since end of July. Maintenance is very close!

We you all on the November thread.

☘️ Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The 40 minutes drive to old country church with old fashion views y service we like. Restaurant after a few houses from the church.No nursery workers or other parents but people know your name you know them. Need a prayer just ask anyone or during service raise a hand. No electronics except a few that barely work or no one but a 14yr old (they pay him for it) knows how to work the new fangled mic system. Baptized in front of the congregation everyone knows who the members are or not they got donuts 🍩 y coffees free just add some pocket change to a jar of you can. Elders love on your baby for hours coming up even during prayer to hand them a candy.
    t3bw9gg35hyo.jpeg
    xzmy4tpm006x.jpeg
    2pa1h9yjmfho.jpeg
    g6g255jzxnfp.jpeg
    d8j4oxjutgdx.jpeg
    t0tli4olqlaf.jpeg
    xtj8g6wg96ct.jpeg
    sk5fnyj44w07.jpeg

Here’s the City Church we tried awhile ⛪️ the guy doing a guitar solo is the pastor (I say he’s married hubby says he’s not so unknown),gift shop,cafe,the desk you leave your kid at then they walk them down a long corridor lock the door behind you. Lots keep their kid in the cafe with them the main church hall does not allow children at all under a certain age. You tithe by paying with a computerized pay stations that stand in the middle of certain areas just push buttons swipe a card or link it by cell phone app to pay. Not sure what’s wrong with having the old fashioned tithing plates! To have a prayer you go to a station set up outside they will hold your hand as you silently pray or log into a cell app push send it might go across the stage screen or maybe someone might contact you probably won’t but you just assume God got it I guess cause we’ll God can text???? No one knows your name or if your a member. Baptism held on a day for those in a room no one there but those people then leave. Your invisible feel alone we’ll wonder why your even there since it looks like a movie theater or cafe not a church.
    0s456twerkev.jpeg
    ulp42rnm2lb2.png

d6s9clqmz9h4.jpeg
    4nxfh0n1ptmd.jpeg
    nc74m7sbm0xy.jpeg
    jx9mba9a9o8l.jpeg
    e4oon15xipx1.jpeg
    l1kkrgqvamc5.jpeg
    Amber Tx

Younger preacher lots of technology going away from the churches of the past. They have book stores to jewelry stores in it. Cafe to home essentials. Soaps to perfumes.Download a sermon ,music,or a T-shirt . Yup definitely different than an old country church with older preachers taking turns nothing sold in the church if you want a recording they give it for free or charge cost of the tape only so they can replace it $1.25.Potluck suppers to old book shelf to check books out like an old moldy library but it’s books full of real knowledge!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Happy Halloween to those who celebrate. DH and I used to go to a requiem mass at the catholic cathedral in Sioux Falls on All Saints Day. This year they are doing Faure's Requiem. It is haunting to hear that music in that setting. We do not get any trick or treaters here as we live in the agriburbs, all 10-acre plots with houses mostly set quite far back. Still working on financing for the roof but hopeful the credit union will approve a home equity loan.

Pip - How long before you and Kirby retire? I thought you were going to travel in the airstream for a while.

igyk3xdw1jx7.jpg

Michelle - This is one of our grove snails. They are not as colorful as yours but kind of cute anyway. They all have different combinations of black and yellow on them.

Everyone take care and see you in November, Sue in WA

I thought so 2