Katie bug you channeled our book club those two books we just recently read
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,739 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, a busy day ahead for me, glad I packed snacks and healthy food choices, gotta avoid the junk food that is ever present at the work place.

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,227 Member
    Options
    My MFP seems all right too. I noticed it was down for maintenance earlier, but I was at work (lunchtime) so it didn't really matter. I had other things I needed to do. After work, it was back again. :)

M in Oz
  • knitski2002
    knitski2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What is it that isn't working on mfp? I must not be accessing it the same as you all. I mostly use my android phone and a rare little bit on my lap top.

Weather here has been unseasonably warm. Went for a walk yesterday without a jacket. We're going to pay for it tomorrow and Friday. Heavy rain and wind is what they are predicting.

Shirley
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,998 Member
    Options
    :)Kim, with such a great diversity among your book club members, anything you chose would probably find a delighted recipient. Here are some suggestions:
    "Hawaii" by James Michener (written a long time ago carries a message that's relevant today)
    "Outer Order, Inner Calm" by Gretchen Rubin (living a calmer, decluttered life is a current topic"
    "Delancey" by Molly Wizenberg (a fun memoir with recipes)

:)About MFP I use it primarily on my computer and rarely have to wait awhile to get on the site. I have a shortcut to the website on my phone and find that easier to use than the app. I have never used the premium and have used the site since 2009 and love it. I am old enough to remember life before the internet and find the mere fact that the site exists to be a miracle that I include on my gratitude list several times a week.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Today is the big day that DDIL and DGS will arrive at PDX. I can hardly wait to see them. We have their room all set up, the car seat down and ready to install, and a possibility that our son will be here too. Keeping my fingers crossed. :bigsmile: I agree with you about keeping 74 year old husbands off of high ladders. They’re too valuable to take such risks. :heart: I am amazed that you’ve already been in your new home for a year. Happy anniversary!!! So sorry to hear about your DH’s auntie’s health problems. 93 is amazing. I hope we all make it there with loads of fun and adventure still ahead.

Allie: There are plateaus in weight loss for all of us. Just stick with the plan and the weight will begin dropping again. Sometimes it means that we have to reduce our allowed calories or increase exercise. :star:

Barbie: Like you, I primarily use my computer to visit the women 50+ group. I record my food and exercise on my iphone, and it all gets transferred over to the site with no extra effort on my part. :flowerforyou:

I’ve been sick and under my doctor’s care ever since I got back from visiting DD and family. One of the boys had a massively runny nose, and I suspect his germs paid me a visit. I’m almost done with the medicines my doctor prescribed and hope that they’ll get the job done. I have one concern that I’ll send her today, a bleeding sinus.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Kim from N. California - These are not new books. I have not really enjoyed any of the hyped up ones of late.

I LOVED Beneath the Scarlett Sky by Mark Sullivan. I could not put it down. It’s a historical fiction biography about an Italian man during WWII. (Apparently it’s soon to be a major motion picture). It's action packed. It really stuck with me.

I also enjoyed The Alice Network by Kate Quinn. It’s about the female spies working in Germany during WWII.

I loved A House in Fez by Suzanna Clark. A couple from Australia buys a Ryad in Fez and fixes it up and it’s the story of that experience.

Because I love to travel and cook, I enjoyed Lunch in Paris: A Love Story with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard. She puts some of her recipes in the book. I just saw she has a sequel to that that I’ll have to read.

I also enjoyed The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner. He traveled around to see what makes people happy. How can you not like a book about being happy???

Can you tell I travel through reading?

Also, I liked Born on a Blue Day by Daniel Tammet. It is an odd recommendation. It’s written by a highly functioning man with Autism. I learned a lot reading this book. When I read it, I didn’t know anyone who was autistic. Now, my cousin’s daughter has autism and I actually saw the signs before her diagnosis. I think because of some of what I learned in this book.

I also liked The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon. I read it long before it was a movie and really liked it.

These are just some that I remember really liking. I have an issue now remembering the names of the books I read because I am pretty much an e-book only reader now and therefore, don’t see the covers. I do have to say that within the last year, I haven’t really read anything that stuck with me like these did.

Scale at a new low this morning. Yay! Off to Disneyland today to walk off some more calories! Have a great hump day everyone.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim A Woman of No Importance by Sonia Purnell
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Can’t post kicks me fully out of the site

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Posts have to be fast to go for me at the moment IPhone user.

Going to try clove,walnut ,& Wormwood drops heats it’s a good parasite cleanser will see if I’m clean or if eating sushi to steak 🥩 so never know. 3weeks I heard is best so will try it that long of free of parasite then at least I’ll get cleaned out lol. $12 Walmart
    Amber Tx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Vivki ~ So glad you realized that the stress was making you overeat! When I get upset, the first thing I think of is a class of wine. Have to take a deep breath and calm down.

Amber ~ I have been wondering if perhaps there is a "Moms Morning Out" you could place JR in for a few hours so you can get a respite from baby care. I would think that some church groups might provide such a service.

Heather ~ You really have lush greenery in your yard. Glad you were able to hire to someone to do a great job of trimming.

Katla ~ Enjoy your children's visit.

Rain, Rain, Rain in GA...Much Needed! :)
    Carol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,739 Member
    Options
    Left at 3am, 31degrees Walk to bus station, in California 61 degrees
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Went to the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Travel Fit DVD

Drkatie – I’ve heard that Where the Crawdads Sing is a good book. I want to read it.

One thing Vince wondered about, could Loki be having a “mini seizure”? We’ve reduced his zonisamide from 35 to 25 since 25 is cheaper. He does seem more needy and he usually got that way after a seizure. Or is it something else?

Would you believe the bridge came out AGAIN last night. This time I was just eating soft cheese, and I was trying to eat it on the right side of my mouth. Since there aren’t any sharp edges, I’m thinking that for three weeks I’m just not going to bother having it put back. For less than 24 hours? It’s not worth it. It would be one thing if it were permanent, but it’s not. Allie – is there any reason why I would absolutely need to have it put back in?

Pip – A list of apartments? Are you planning a move?

Tried AGAIN to make fudge for Vince. Followed the recipe exactly. Didn’t come out (again) so just made him a chocolate cake. I’ll probably ice it tomorrow.

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army (didn’t buy anything) then went to WalMart. Needed to get Loki’s medicine.

I used to put all my foods into one category, but I think I’m going to break it up into breakfast, lunch, and dinner so you can all see how weird my breakfasts are sometimes. I was trying to prelog, but every time I went to log “dinner” I just got this really weird list. It would let me prelog breakfasts, just not dinner. Weird!

I haven’t found the crepini and cauliflower, either. There is another store I may try, Publix. They usually have different things that other stores don’t carry, like farmer’s cheese. I need to stop there after ceramics, anyway.

Oh…get this. Last night someone from the nominating committee from Newcomers called to ask Vince if he’d be treasurer again. He just told them that not right now but maybe in the future. Yea, right!

Heather – so sorry to hear about your dh’s aunt. Happy anniversary

Ceramics tonight.

Michele in NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,897 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ You might need to get the bridge temp to keep your gums in alignment. I saw on Google that you can buy the crepini at Sprouts. Walmart said it was out of stock.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,828 Member
    Options
    Michelle,only thing I can say is your teeth might shift and your gums could recede a bit.. call your dentist ,shouldn't cost a thing to have them cement it again,tell them to use a bit stronger temporary cement .. even I'd they need to cut it off it will stay better..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,375 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    DH was inspired by the hunky tree trimmers, so he went out this afternoon and did a LOT of trimming! :o Luckily, no ladders. I think he had to prove he is still macho. ;) It is amazing how much more light there is in the garden. Lovely!

Our celebration dinner was delicioso! I haven't cooked mussels at home in years, but these ones looked very good, clean and fresh. Fish also great.
    We were so impressed by the champagne (which we have loved before) that DH tried to order a 25% off box, but we couldn't get a delivery in time for the offer, before it expires. Makes you mad. :# He will drive up tomorrow to see if he can do it in store. Grrrr! We like a really biscuity champagne and this one is very good value. 25% off is even better! Tesco own brand FINEST, Premier Cru, for those in the UK.

Looking forward to seeing my friend tomorrow. <3

I ordered The Geography of Bliss THANKYOU for the suggestion, and I'm already reading it on Kindle. Great fun. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx