WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Good morning Supermodels!

PIP - crossing fingers Floyd's ultrasound proves nothing serious and that it looks worse than it is.

TERRI - love that poster. Very true.

I was reading an article in the latest AARP circular about brain health, it said the best thing a person can do for her brain is dance! So all of you line dancers will be dancing for decades. Sharp as tacks. 😀 I wonder if doing the "swim" while waiting for the washing machine to finish counts, lol.

Low carb eating going well here. Have lost a few pounds, mostly water weight I'm sure, but nonetheless feeling trimmer=bloating gone. Also a big surprise....blood pressure way down. Lets see if this trend continues.

Make it a fabulous day! Welcome new peeps! 💕

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    On Thermostats ...

A number of years ago, I was the cold one who wanted the heat up, and my husband was warm and wanted it cooler. We would settle on 20C (68F) and I wore layers.

Then I went into perimenopause and I'm always slightly warm to raging fires of hell hot. Then he had the brain injury and now he's cold much of the time. We've continued with on 20C (68F) and he wears layers.

Oh, except on warm days in summer ... on those days we just let it be. Whatever it is outside, that's what it can be inside. :)

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :) One of my favorite pieces of technology that we own is a programmable thermostat for our furnace/heat pump. I go to sleep in a cool house and wake up to a warm one. On extra warm afternoons in the summer, the house cools down. I am in charge of the programming. :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Just skimming and checking in. B)

RV Rita
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙋🍁☕
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    no workout yesterday.

stat for the day

treadmill jog- 64.43min, 133ahr, 152mhr, 10.19min mi, 5.5-8.0sp, 6.27mi= 728c
    apple watch- 793c
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Susan E WA ~ Welcome!

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Went out for my 5k run in the PERFECT weather. Sunny, B) chilly, no wind. :D There was someone swimming in the sea and a paddleboarder. Checked out my bluetooth earbuds, but failed to get one to work.
    Then I reviewed our next cruise online and, on the back of that, I listened to the Hardanger fiddle and looked at Hardanger embroidery. :D
    Then I watched the first episode of an American journey through Alaska and Canada. Really good about pollution and drugs. :o:'(:s
    This morning I finished my tedious copying and pasting, so now I have a Word document where I can continue to write a rough draft of my memoir. I'm currently at the age of 12.

Easy fish dinner tonight, but the dancing is cancelled.

Welcome Susan. You will certainly pick up some tips if you stick with us. I also had a hysterectomy. Best thing I ever did.
    Is there a reason why you can't get your step count up? Of course there are a myriad other ways to burn calories!

Sorry Pip for your troubles with your pups. You have had a lot going on recently. :'( I decided a long time ago that I couldn't cope with the grief of losing them. So no pets for me. But I know how devoted and loving you are. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    ☘️ just popping in again between appointments.

Enjoy whatever you have planned for the rest of your day! 😘
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Felicia - Congratulations on applying for the new job. I know it takes some guts! If you get it, it might be an idea to read THE IMPOSTER CURE by Dr Jessamy Hibberd, my DDIL. :D Well done for being head hunted. <3

The BBC has cancelled one of our favourite shows just to show all the Brexit b....y nonsense. Grrrrrr! Hate the lot of them.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Snowflake: Thanks for your good wishes. :star:

Barbara: I have done just as you suggest and stood in the hot shower, but not as often as you recommend. I’ll see if I can do it more often. :flowerforyou:

Sue: DS and DDIL arrive 10/30. I hope to heaven that I’m over this sinus infection before they get here. :heart:

Pip: You are lucky to have a friend who is willing to care for your old dogs while you are away. We’ve had a dog sitter when traveling in the past and she was a perfect solution for us. I left word with the vet in advance that she had permission to bring him in. She did and all turned out well. Sending good wishes your way. :star:

Rori: Enjoy your instantpot binge. Having great meals frozen and waiting to be used is a grand thing. :bigsmile:

Susan E WA: Welcome! My best advice is to let MFP set your calorie goals. It will start you out at a level of calories based on your current weight and will gradually reduce your allowed calories as you lose weight. It is a great system. If you go over on a particular day, don’t be discouraged. Just keep doing the best you can. Think about the story of the Tortoise and the Hare if you get to wishing it would go faster. You know who wins. :heart:

Felicia: Great to see your post! Did MFP give you a new name? :huh:

I am home from visiting DD and family with a nasty sinus infection. I went to the doctor who advised that I take over the counter antihisitmines. They’re working to an extent, but I have a painful sinus on the right side. Drink liquids, take OTC meds, rest. I can do this.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

F: Great to see your post! Did MFP give you a new name? :huh:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

No. I changed it while you were gone because of something I am involved in with work -- not related to the job application. I need to be anonymous on social media, and with my unusual first name (thanks a lot, Dad), I am easily googled.

I hope you feel better, Katla. And I am glad you had a nice visit.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon