WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Felicia - Congratulations on applying for the new job. I know it takes some guts! If you get it, it might be an idea to read THE IMPOSTER CURE by Dr Jessamy Hibberd, my DDIL. :D Well done for being head hunted. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Thanks, Heather. I may check out her book. The job announcement first came to my email a little over a month ago -- very general, mass-email kind of thing, and I looked at it and thought, "Oh, ____ is leaving?? Wow. She will be missed." Delete. Move on. So I was some what startled to get the personalized "Dear Dr. ___ " email addressed specifically to me with a request to talk. :astonished:

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim: I hope your neighbor’s daycare child gets the help it needs to feel better. Pretty scary. My admiration goes out to those who are willing to provide quality care to other people’s kids. Your neighbor is one of my heroes. :heart:

Vicki GI NE: I haven’t seen your posts in a while and it is great to see you again. I spent the past week with DD and her family in IL and didn’t have WIFI so I’ve been out of touch. I logged every day on my phone so I didn’t skip any days but I couldn’t access the internet or this group. I hope to see your posts often. :bigsmile:

Felicia: Good luck to you. I hope you have the outcome that you want and /or need from this surprise opportunity. :star:

I went to the grocery store and stocked up enough food to last a few days. I’m in the backroom, aka office, with the humidifier. It has helped combat the sinus pain, but it isn’t gone altogether as of now. Every little bit helps! I'm trying to protect DH from my germ-ridden self.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    (((Pip, Kirby, Floyd)))
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    The neighbor's daycare child fell off a climbing structure and has a minor concussion
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Been MIA for a week. Back at it. No weight loss, but no gain in my week of not reporting.
    Visited a boxing gym in a larger town yesterday and felt inspired.

I would be motivated by him - LOL! Oh, no I am turning in to one of those ladies! Only joking. Sounds like fun and it's nice to be in a place that is comfortable to you while achieving your goals.

And, no loss means no gain - so good all around!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    ycuds66ba5pu.jpeg
    1jf400lq6l1v.jpeg
    znrk6cs0pj2j.jpeg
    twdb76g2pynw.jpeg
    0knofytk9cek.jpeg
    xyd0yxc0vobr.jpeg
    jpq5kk8chaf6.jpeg
    01zgf43qa00w.jpeg
    5rrctohht9mv.jpeg
    Christmas shopping y Chuckie Cheese with mother-in-law y JR. Book store,SamsClub, TJ Nax,Bath y Body,y Chuckie Cheese. Of course poor JR got at sick we stayed 5min from home! Poor thing has my curse! I get sick from any movement still do.

Found the car seat once again has been outgrown so grabbed another out of the garage assembled wasn’t easy one direction were lacking. Got the one in the house him sitting in it to get used to it other installed in the Truck. So there done check they said if he out grows this one he will be in just a seat belt.

So tired have gone over calories 2 days in a row got to get back on track.

Amber Tx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,127 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Did the Reebok Step DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

NYKaren – congrats on the new treadmill. I know you’ll really enjoy having it

Pip – I sure hope he doesn’t have to be put down. I figured that with him bleeding, you probably got some blood on your clothes. A friend of mine’s husband worked in a hospital and she told me that was how they got the blood out of the sheets, etc. Honestly, at first I thought she had popped a screw. But I figured “what do I have to lose”. And it worked! Glad to pass this on. It doesn’t work on clothing that has already gone thru the dryer, but it does work on clothes, etc that haven’t. Whenever we leave somewhere we always leave a note for the pet sitter stating that she has the authority to give our pet/s necessary medical care.

Rori – (((HUGS))) You are such an inspiration

Welcome Susan and anyone else new

Getting ready for my appt to get the bridge work ready. Not sure what all is involved.

Was at the dentist for 2-1/2 hrs. I’ll be getting a bridge with the bottom (chewing part) being titanium. They took all sorts of impressions and put on a temporary bridge.

Felicia – good luck, you CAN do it. You’re starting out with a great attitude

I can’t wait to get my Instant Pot!

Roasted a spaghetti squash. They are always so difficult to cut open when raw but I saw this thing about roasting it whole then after it cools to cut it and take out the seeds so I decided to give that a try. The only thing is that you need to roast it longer than the directions on the net said to. But that's OK

Michele in NC
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Just skimmed to catch up after being out of town for two days at conference. Had good visit and dinner with son and his gf on Sunday. Learned a few things at conference. Got most of Christmas shopping done for grandkids in Az. Found some cute stuff at TJ Max and Old Navy. Several outfits for each of them. Will end up getting them a toy each. I spend a bit more one them because I am not around to spoil them during the year. Ordered presents for twin grandsons birthday (party on Saturday). They are turning 5 and are quite the dynamic duo. They are my stepson's children and they have an older brother). i am very grateful stepson and wife keep me involved in their lives since husband died.

Happy to be home and not have to estimate food due to eating out. Did the best I could with it. I could have had more calories than I estimated but not going to beat myself up.

Off to bed. Positive thoughts to all--especially those with various issues they are working through.

Ginny in Ohio
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Just caught up, not a lot to say.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Thermostats and remotes: We have electric heat and a woodstove. The wood stove puts out a LOT of heat, we're trying to figure out the magic balance between not so very hot and gone out cold. Joe's comfort range is narrower than mine, and somewhat cooler, so I keep a quilt near the recliner. When I come into the living room to sit down, Joe asks me what I want to watch. He's also considerate enough to turn down the volume when he's watching a screaming horror so I can't hear it in the bedroom. Can't watch 'em, still get nightmares.

Sue in WA good luck with the refinance. Our lender's max for our doublewide was $150K not enough to refi mortgage balance and cover asphalt shingle roof. I hope you can get the metal roof, would have loved to have one here but Joe wasn't in favor. Is it that very much more $$$?
    SuziQ that's why I was WAAAH ing, our nearest TJ's is 3 hours hard drive on dangerous, twisty HWY 199 along the scenic Smith River. Joe has persuaded me not to go that way any more, too many head-on collisions. Next nearest is 4+ hrs to Eugene, means only get to shop TJ's at my twice yearly skin scan. How I wish they would come to the Coast, or at least sell the non-perishables on the internet.
    Lisa and Machka amen to Excel! That's a must for whatever replacement I get for the laptop... 'tho I cringe at the thought of Ofc 365. and Amen to heated seats. Once spoiled, can never go back.
    Lanette con VERY grats on the lower BP!
    Kay LOL! I fired my housecleaner decades ago, but she needs to reappear this weekend as my friend is coming from Idaho.
    Welcome Susan in E. WA
    Good luck, Flea! New position's stress might be better stress, more intellectual challenge, less a constant interpersonal struggle.
    Kim thanks for the update on the daycare child.
    Amber wow JR out growing child car seats at 2?!? Yow!
    Mary Shep is beautiful and so is your DD.
    pip ((hugs)) and healing vibes continue.

Lopped 3 garden carts full of salal, cooked rotisserie chicken meal for Joe, went line dancing. Pooped ;).
    BB&B, dog group and preliminary cleaning tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for October: get up and do it!
    Steps=4659, vits=22 log=22 CI<CO=19 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble=13 mfp=22 AF=17
  • SuziQ113
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Amber Tx

JR is adorable! I admire you for being so ahead of the holiday curve.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

That's why I was WAAAH ing, our nearest TJ's is 3 hours hard drive on dangerous, twisty HWY 199 along the scenic Smith River. Joe has persuaded me not to go that way any more, too many head-on collisions. Next nearest is 4+ hrs to Eugene, means only get to shop TJ's at my twice yearly skin scan. How I wish they would come to the Coast, or at least sell the non-perishables on the internet.

Many moons ago Charlie (DH) and I were looking for properties and distance was a big thing we considered. Found a beautiful property just outside of Cedar Key in Florida. We started researching after viewing the site and when we discovered the nearest hospital was a little over 60 miles away we decided it wasn't for us. All I could imagine is one of us being seriously injured and dying while waiting for rescue services and/or help to arrive. I am still looking for that ideal place where I am far enough away to feel like I am in the country, but close enough to civilization where I do not have to travel hours to work and/or to appointments. I guess I am a little bit county and a little bit rock and roll like Donnie and Marie. :smile:
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Just a quick note sending support and hugs to those who need them. I've been up since 2am and have to decided why not take an hour walk to start my day. So it's off to the races for me.

SuziQ - Florida - Where summer has decided to revisit us for a few days.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies
    Been busy painting the dining room and also slowly packing away things from the kitchen. We'll move the fridge and freezer into the dining room on Friday, (well DS will :D I'll supervise) need to find a place for the microwave and the crock pot, as no doubt the kitchen will be out of action for around 10 days.

I've made a start on my Christmas shopping, mostly on line from Amazon! Typically though I was trying to be organised and bought my good friend a framed named poster for her and her hubby then a few days after it arrived she sent a message to our WhatsApp group reminding us that we are doing a "bran tub" this year rather than buying individual presents :o:s I'd forgotten we said we would do that this year. Hey Ho she and her hubby do drive me to lots of our outings so she has an extra present now, can't really send it back and I don't know another couple named Jean and Mick :)

At least it is not raining today, going into town with my mum this morning, she needs to go to the bank and get a few things from the Market and Poundland. Hope my knee is up to the walk lol.

Love to all
    Viv UK <3