Online dating

Replies

• Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Trying to get lucky by swiping right isn’t really cool or exciting, so why don’t you try something in real life instead?

I think that maybe it's because people aren't having luck in real life. 🤷🏿 It's REALLY HARD out there in the dating world. Or so I've heard.
    I think that nothing can be hard when you do the right thing. Ok finding out what to do/where to go can be hard, but I think that not having luck means you're not doing the right things.

I don't think that's what it is. There are so many disingenuous out there that aren't looking for anything more than a "hookup." So if someone is looking for something serious, what are they supposed to do? 🤔
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »

I've tried a whole bunch. I haven't had much success. Most guys I have chatted with seemed overly concerned with birth control. Dude! You're not getting any from me. Don't worry yourself

really silly question to ask. Dont get me wrong its a valid concern for men to have. However it is a turn off for women if asked prematurely, and people lie.
  • biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Because of this thread I just signed on on tinder.
    I did too. I got 3 or 4 matches after a month. Results were a failure as anticipated.

here's the trend:
    1. Girl replies hi
    2. Girl feels a (likely) instant sense of fear and distrust
    3. Girl decides it is best not to communicate any further and the approach is ghosting

I'm thinking that if you're under 35 whereabouts - girls see Tinder as some kind of game, and guys take the thing for serious

Can’t believe it‘s so complicated. I guess women are just complicated .
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Because of this thread I just signed on on tinder.
    I did too. I got 3 or 4 matches after a month. Results were a failure as anticipated.

here's the trend:
    1. Girl replies hi
    2. Girl feels a (likely) instant sense of fear and distrust
    3. Girl decides it is best not to communicate any further and the approach is ghosting

I'm thinking that if you're under 35 whereabouts - girls see Tinder as some kind of game, and guys take the thing for serious

Absolutely untrue. I get tons of matches but most men won’t speak, give one word answers, get your number and don’t use it, or go out with you and see you as a potential one night stand and nothing more, despite profile saying otherwise.

Most guys on there are NOT serious at all. Many aren’t even really single.

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Trying to get lucky by swiping right isn’t really cool or exciting, so why don’t you try something in real life instead?

You know what, kid? I read post after post from you suggesting you know exactly what women want/think/know/feel, yet, you receive no dates to speak of. Why is that? Do I really NEED to explain to you why these two things are related? Here’s some old man logic for you.... you won’t learn *kitten* if you think you know *kitten*.

Yep!!

• flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    but most men won’t speak, give one word answers

I have actually been on dates where women have told me this. That and when all their pictures are of them shirtless in the bathroom.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    edited November 2019
    A friend of mine (53 yrs old) met a man online 3 months ago and they talked every single day for at least an hour on the phone, texted, said "ILY" etc. Then last night he asked her to buy her $4k in electronics from Best Buy because he lost his luggage. Turns out he's not even a real person. Some catfish she's been "falling for"...MEET QUICKLY, PEOPLE!!!!

That seems like so much effort
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member

If I followed your advice, I would have missed out on 15 years with the most incredible man in the world and I never would have met my stepson. 😢